Best sandbox?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Best sandbox?

User Info: DontCry

DontCry
1 month ago#11
Shadow of war

Witcher 3

Far cry primal

AC black flag, heck any AC is open world and fun

These are some non shooter open world games.
Gamefaqs, where if you have a different opinion you're a troll.

User Info: b166er01

b166er01
1 month ago#12
CarmensDaddy posted...
A little old but Saints Row 2 had the best npc`s ever. You could just be walking around, minding your own business and across the street you'd see a random fight and then the cops would show up, then someone would hit the cop with a car. The cop would start beating up that person, and then get hit by another car so more cops would show up...

If you like random npc events, try watchdogs 2 if you haven't. It's the best in that respect.
Yes, I wear glasses. No, I'm not a hipster; I actually need them

User Info: dfalls1

dfalls1
1 month ago#13
Fallout: New Vegas
The Witcher 3
Borderlands 2
Mass Effect 2
Red Dead Redemption
AC: Black Flag
Fallout 3
Horizon Zero Dawn
Breath of the Wild
Fallout 4
Mass Effect 1
GTA Online

User Info: lightfighter

lightfighter
1 month ago#14
Sunset Overdrive

User Info: Winternova

Winternova
1 month ago#15
LonnyJohnson posted...
I'm trying to think of any off the top if there is more list them and what was your favorite one? I love random chaos that was why the GTA games were some of my favorites. Instead of feeling like the world just revolved around me and what I did it was great to see peds randomly fighting each other which I only ever seen in the GTA games.

Mafia 3
GTA V
Just Cause 3
Watch Dogs 2

Im sure there's more. Are there any non shooting free roam gamed besides Skyrim?

Those are free-roam games, not sandbox games. Sandbox games are where the world starts out pretty much formless and you get tools to create your own "world".

We're talking:
Sim City
The Sims
Theme Park
Minecraft
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMKUUUvjjzo
I'm not a grammar Nazi. I'm just alt-write. RIP Tori. You will be missed.

User Info: Overburdened

Overburdened
1 month ago#16
Winternova posted...
LonnyJohnson posted...
I'm trying to think of any off the top if there is more list them and what was your favorite one? I love random chaos that was why the GTA games were some of my favorites. Instead of feeling like the world just revolved around me and what I did it was great to see peds randomly fighting each other which I only ever seen in the GTA games.

Mafia 3
GTA V
Just Cause 3
Watch Dogs 2

Im sure there's more. Are there any non shooting free roam gamed besides Skyrim?

Those are free-roam games, not sandbox games. Sandbox games are where the world starts out pretty much formless and you get tools to create your own "world".

We're talking:
Sim City
The Sims
Theme Park
Minecraft

So you're saying we're all wrong.
When the Lion Devours Both Dragon and Child.

User Info: Winternova

Winternova
1 month ago#17
Overburdened posted...
So you're saying we're all wrong.

Yep.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMKUUUvjjzo
I'm not a grammar Nazi. I'm just alt-write. RIP Tori. You will be missed.

User Info: Net Shark

Net Shark
1 month ago#18
One at the park by my house isn’t bad. It’s a bit dry so to make good castles a little water does the trick. Not too many stray cats using it like a litter box either. ;)
Money can buy happiness don't kid yourself! GT: Net Sh4rk

User Info: true_horror

true_horror
1 month ago#19
i normally find sandbox games really dull and uninteresting with lame level design.

the was only one game i played that managed to avoid the issues that come with most sandbox games and it was Horizon Zero Dawn.

its the only game that got it right.

User Info: CRIMSON-XIII

CRIMSON-XIII
1 month ago#20
GTA4 kills GTA5 imo. on NPC physics and interactions, cops too. tho 5 is visually superior obviously.

AC1 and AC2 specifically were amazing sandbox games.

MGS5 was great. i think final fantasy 15s first half as far as sandbox is amazing too

Horizon Zero Dawn as well.
i'm so disappointed
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Best sandbox?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived