How reliable is Amazon for Scorpio??

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. How reliable is Amazon for Scorpio??

User Info: MariaAlteration

MariaAlteration
2 months ago#1
So I'm actually moving to another state before the One X Scorpio releases. I have 2 preorders just in case. One on Amazon and another at my local Gamestop.

Usually Amazon is pretty good with these things, but lately it's been a bit wonky, especially regarding the situation with the SNES Classics. And I had a bad experience with my Tales of Berseria CE that arrived a week late back in January even though I preordered it literally the minute it went up.

Now I want to trade in my 1TB One S for the $200 trade in credit at Gamestop, because it seems like new One S systems are going for about about $250 so I think the $200 might be fine in this case. My local Gamestop said I'd have to pay it off in full before they can even ship it to me. I also won't be able to get it on release day because it arrives at the store on release day AND THEN they ship it to me (which is fine).

So should I cancel my GS order and go with just Amazon?

Tl;dr

Get it from Gamestop with the $200 credit for trading in One S and have it shipped to me a few days after release.

Or

Go with Amazon with no trade in credit and sell the One S somewhere else. However, bad experiences with Amazon in the past makes me a bit hesitant.

User Info: United_States

United_States
2 months ago#2
I haven’t had problems with Amazon in the past, but I never preordered a game system from them. My Project Scorpio Edition preorder on Amazon still says the delivery date is pending (it said I would get it on release date when I initially preordered in August). I think Amazon just waits until the release date is close before changing the delivery date pending thing.
Kifflom, brother-brother! Kraff be praised!

User Info: RonBurgundy929

RonBurgundy929
2 months ago#3
I have Prime. I got my Day One Xbox One and PS4 Pro preorders on launch day. Ordered a PS4 in March of 2014 and received it in 2 days. My Scorpio Edition preorder says "Not yet shipped. We'll email you when available".

I'm not worried. They always come through on these big items. They've only screwed up on a few preordered games, shipping them a day or 2 late over the last 9 years I've had Prime.
Xbox One & PS4 Pro: RonBurgundy929

MariaAlteration
2 months ago#4
Actually, if I remember correctly I ordered my OG PS4 from them back in 2015...

So I guess I should just cancel the GS order then?

User Info: WhiteRosse

WhiteRosse
2 months ago#5
Experiences vary.

I'd say the $200 trade-in is the better option.
I've never had any issues with Amazon, but I never really ordered my consoles from them either.
Xbox One X and PC Master Race

User Info: THEaircobra

THEaircobra
2 months ago#6
I'm going with the GS route because I don't have to bother with finding a buyer and can either go to the "midnight" launch (apparently it will be at 9 on the west coast) or just go at opening on the 7th, rather than wait until UPS delivers it in the evening on the 7th.
GT: aircobra PSN: THEaircobra
gamerzfoundry.com-Currently a work-in-progress. PM if you would like to help!

MariaAlteration
2 months ago#7
THEaircobra posted...
I'm going with the GS route because I don't have to bother with finding a buyer and can either go to the "midnight" launch (apparently it will be at 9 on the west coast) or just go at opening on the 7th, rather than wait until UPS delivers it in the evening on the 7th.

Well either way I have to get it shipped.

My local GS said once I receive my X I can just decide to return it at another GS if I don't want it.

User Info: Tigerkumaru

Tigerkumaru
2 months ago#8
I've been ordering for Amazon for years and they customer service is outstanding I got the original Xbox One launch day. But for the Xbox One X I pre-ordered to GameStop so I can just go to the store and pick it up launch day I also going to turn in my PS4 Pro for the $200 credit.

Also I didn't have to pay my Xbox One X in full 2 pre-order only have to put $100 down

And one more thing you should double-check because I have a coupon that says the Xbox One S 1TB is 150 store credit not 200
GT: R0B0SEXUAL
PSN: JJ_Tha_Legend

User Info: xninjagrrl

xninjagrrl
2 months ago#9
Amazon used to be the most reliable in my experience but has been really hit or miss over the past year or so. I went with BB because i dont trust amazon anymore. Does your amazon order have a shipping est yet?
Pros: The pills were there.
Cons: So was the tank.

MariaAlteration
2 months ago#10
Tigerkumaru posted...
I've been ordering for Amazon for years and they customer service is outstanding I got the original Xbox One launch day. But for the Xbox One X I pre-ordered to GameStop so I can just go to the store and pick it up launch day I also going to turn in my PS4 Pro for the $200 credit.

Also I didn't have to pay my Xbox One X in full 2 pre-order only have to put $100 down

And one more thing you should double-check because I have a coupon that says the Xbox One S 1TB is 150 store credit not 200

Oh you're right, it is $150. Hmm I think I got it mixed up with the Pro.

xninjagrrl posted...
Amazon used to be the most reliable in my experience but has been really hit or miss over the past year or so. I went with BB because i dont trust amazon anymore. Does your amazon order have a shipping est yet?

Nope no shipping date yet.
Yeah that's why I have two orders placed, the whole moving thing throws a wrench in the equation though...
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. How reliable is Amazon for Scorpio??

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived