If you needed another reason to hate Activision....

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. If you needed another reason to hate Activision....

User Info: DirkMcGurkin

DirkMcGurkin
1 month ago#1
Here it is.

http://www.gamezone.com/news/update-activision-may-use-unfair-matchmaking-to-trick-you-into-buying-microtransactions-3460345

"For example, in one implementation, the system may include a microtransaction engine that arranges matches to influence game-related purchases," according to the patent. "For instance, the microtransaction engine may match a more expert/marquee player with a junior player to encourage the junior player to make game-related purchases of items possessed/used by the marquee player. A junior player may wish to emulate the marquee player by obtaining weapons or other items used by the marquee player."
Gamertag: Dirk McGurkin

User Info: dr_zomberg

dr_zomberg
1 month ago#2
that is f***ing disgusting.
the player base is gonna be pretty small after this f***ery
3d erotica maker, videogame collector, phd in zombie lore. Also a girl
"dont call gay art gay" -some mod. then WHAT is it, and WHATS its name????

User Info: MertensCW

MertensCW
1 month ago#3
Just another way to herd the cattle into the empty your pockets pen.
It's quite funny but really f***ed up at the same time.
Few Favorites- Ninja gaiden 1-2, Colony Wars 1-3,Xenogears,MarioKart,Lunar 2 GTA:SA,S&K,FF6-7,Zanac,S.Metroid,SMB2,NFL2K5,Halo 2, NG2,Vanquish,Witcher 2.

User Info: Net Shark

Net Shark
1 month ago#4
Oh boy this isn’t going to go well. *grabs popcorn
Money can buy happiness don't kid yourself! GT: Net Sh4rk

Net Shark
1 month ago#5
So much for skill based match making then. The marquee player will have scrubs on his team or be against them? What?

User Info: KID VID

KID VID
1 month ago#6
Or the junior player could just get upset and stop playing altogether.
Xbox LIVE Gamertag: KIDD VIDD Mixer.com/KIDD_VIDD http://orig08.deviantart.net/2c55/f/2016/187/1/9/kid_vid_by_fuee-da8egm3.jpg

User Info: CRIMSON-XIII

CRIMSON-XIII
1 month ago#7
DirkMcGurkin posted...
m may include a microtransaction engine that arranges matches to influence game-related purchases," according to the patent. "For instance, the microtransaction engine may match a more expert/marquee player with a junior player to encourage the junior pla

that sounds terrible. so in battlefront 2 by EA.

they could potentially force matchmaking where i play with ppl that get stronger weapons every time. and everyone on my team has not used loot boxes to get stronger weapons.
i'm so disappointed

User Info: zombody

zombody
1 month ago#8
If I noticed I was getting wrecked and the game was "encouraging" me to buy stuff to get better, my brain would go "ah this game is s***" and stop playing, instead of buying stuff...

but people out there must be buying microtransactions like crazy because these companies are clearly making boat loads of money from it.

Now every Activision game I play I'll have this in mind...
This George Carlin quote sums up Meta Critic..."Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

Net Shark
1 month ago#9
So you can load up on goodies and pound noobs like it’s Christmas Day? :)

User Info: _MrENigma_

_MrENigma_
1 month ago#10
I miss the golden age of gaming. When, if you wanted the higher level weapons & gear You Just, you know, PLAYED the game.
XBL GT: "Wile E Nigma". 3DS FC: "0688 - 6570 - 4452". PSN: "WileENigma".
www.youtube.com/NotoriouslyInfamouz
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. If you needed another reason to hate Activision....

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived