Microsoft 'not very supportive' of Japanese games, says NIS America

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Microsoft 'not very supportive' of Japanese games, says NIS America

User Info: quincy2000a

quincy2000a
1 month ago#1
http://www.mcvuk.com/articles/consoles/microsoft-not-very-supportive-of-japanese-games-says-nis-america???
Q: "I presume there will never be an Xbox One sold without it...Would that be correct?"
A: "Correct. Xbox One is Kinect." Microsoft VP

User Info: spartansbrother

spartansbrother
1 month ago#2
it's true today, but i don't blame them. they were pretty supportive of japanese games on original xbox and 360, but the japanese wouldn't buy them because they didn't say "playstation" on them. they came up with excuses like "the console is black so it means death" "x means death" even though playstation 2 was black and has an x button. the japanese didn't support MS, so now MS doesn't support them. that kind of upsets me though, because now we'll probably never see games like lost odyssey release as xbox exclusives ever again.
*wipes brown*

User Info: uncledonnie3

uncledonnie3
1 month ago#3
Why would Microsoft flush their money down the toilet by aggressively going after niche games that a tiny percentage of the people who own consoles buy? I mean I know the OP is a troglodyte who’s completely incapable of rational thought but anyone else?

User Info: Falchion92

Falchion92
1 month ago#4
uncledonnie3 posted...
Why would Microsoft flush their money down the toilet by aggressively going after niche games that a tiny percentage of the people who own consoles buy? I mean I know the OP is a troglodyte who’s completely incapable of rational thought but anyone else?

I have to agree. It's like he expects us to feel bad or something when it really doesn't f***ing matter.
Come at me!

User Info: HornedLion

HornedLion
1 month ago#5
Maybe THAT’S what they’re doing wrong.
"Wrong again, clown. I was warned for marking too many posts for trolling." - RonBurgundy929

User Info: MertensCW

MertensCW
1 month ago#6
Oh well. I would like more Japanese games but I can also live without them. Have plenty of them in my backlog and don't necessarily need a whole new batch.

MS tried really hard with the 360. Japan didn't give a s***. Given the results one can't blame MS for not giving a s*** about Japan now and for as much as the Japanese rejected the 360, the majority of Jrpg fans worldwide did as well, because at the start the 360 had a bunch of Jrpgs.
Few Favorites- Ninja gaiden 1-2, Colony Wars 1-3,Xenogears,MarioKart,Lunar 2 GTA:SA,S&K,FF6-7,Zanac,S.Metroid,SMB2,NFL2K5,Halo 2, NG2,Vanquish,Witcher 2.

User Info: Mario786

Mario786
1 month ago#7
uncledonnie3 posted...

You do realize that this doesn't hurt Japanese games, or Japanese devs at all right? Everyone who wants to play these games just buys a playstation, so it only hurts MS, cause now PS4 is at like 65 million consoles sold and XB1 numbers are too embarrassing for MS to say out loud.

User Info: Cubby

Cubby
1 month ago#8
Well, as a fan of JRPG's you are more inclined to believe that you are going to end up either with portables, or a Playstation anyway, cause the original XBOX did not have a lot of JRPG's, the 360 did, but to most JRPG fans the writing was on the wall, it also did not help that some main JRPG series went portable, and the ones on the consoles just were not up to par with them, or the ones from the past for the most part. I mean there was a rarity here, and there, but overall the JRPG scene on consoles was average at best, and the portables got a lot of good stuff. And it actually got worse, when in the end MS kind of gave up, and PS3 started getting more JRPG's, then the writing really was on the wall. It's a good thing I got my XBOX ONE early in the gen. cause if I had to do it all again, I do not think I would own it, there are enough JRPG's now on PS4 to make up for what I might miss on the One.

User Info: uncledonnie3

uncledonnie3
1 month ago#9
Mario786 posted...
uncledonnie3 posted...

You do realize that this doesn't hurt Japanese games, or Japanese devs at all right? Everyone who wants to play these games just buys a playstation, so it only hurts MS, cause now PS4 is at like 65 million consoles sold and XB1 numbers are too embarrassing for MS to say out loud.

You’re just as big a sociopathic fanboy as he is. Don’t insult everyone’s intelligence by posting like anyone here actually values your “opinion”

User Info: quickposter

quickposter
1 month ago#10
This "minimum order quantity" reminds me of the kind of tactics that put third parties off Nintendo in the 80s and 90s.

@uncledonnie3

Microsoft care. Just like Nintendo cares about the AAA games they miss. In missing out on these games you are not just having a smaller variety compared to your competition but are missing out on a section of the market. They want to sell as many Xbox systems as possible.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Microsoft 'not very supportive' of Japanese games, says NIS America

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived