Microsoft 'not very supportive' of Japanese games, says NIS America

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Microsoft 'not very supportive' of Japanese games, says NIS America

User Info: millimayne

millimayne
1 month ago#31
I think there’s been a misconception about what that statement means. Many larger Japanese games like Dark Souls, Final Fantasy XV, Kingdom Hearts 3, Dragonball FighterZ and more are on xbox. It’s just the niche titles NIS America typically publishes that Microsoft thumbs its nose at, and for good reason: most of the niche Japan gamers have a PS4.
I think it’s ok if Microsoft targets a different kind of audience than PS4 does, they just haven’t done enough of it so far. Cuphead’s a nice start.
"It's official, you SU-" *bam!* The last words of Shao Khan before getting Liu Kang'd

User Info: dr_zomberg

dr_zomberg
1 month ago#32
millimayne posted...
I think there’s been a misconception about what that statement means. Many larger Japanese games like Dark Souls, Final Fantasy XV, Kingdom Hearts 3, Dragonball FighterZ and more are on xbox. It’s just the niche titles NIS America typically publishes that Microsoft thumbs its nose at, and for good reason: most of the niche Japan gamers have a PS4.
I think it’s ok if Microsoft targets a different kind of audience than PS4 does, they just haven’t done enough of it so far. Cuphead’s a nice start.

its a vicious cycle. and when people say japanese games they mean rpgs (any type), kawaii games, senran kagura, etc.since they dont port them to xone, people who only own a xone either deal with it, sell their xone, or get a ps4 and forget about their xone.
3d erotica maker, videogame collector, phd in zombie lore. Also a girl
"dont call gay art gay" -some mod. then WHAT is it, and WHATS its name????

User Info: ManjiMidou

ManjiMidou
1 month ago#33
uncledonnie3 posted...
quickposter posted...
This "minimum order quantity" reminds me of the kind of tactics that put third parties off Nintendo in the 80s and 90s.

@uncledonnie3

Microsoft care. Just like Nintendo cares about the AAA games they miss. In missing out on these games you are not just having a smaller variety compared to your competition but are missing out on a section of the market. They want to sell as many Xbox systems as possible.

Pew,pew,pew,broom,broooom,pew
TAoR & Tiael are my gamefaqs waifu's :3

User Info: quickposter

quickposter
1 month ago#34
uncledonnie3 posted...
quickposter posted...
This "minimum order quantity" reminds me of the kind of tactics that put third parties off Nintendo in the 80s and 90s.

@uncledonnie3

Microsoft care. Just like Nintendo cares about the AAA games they miss. In missing out on these games you are not just having a smaller variety compared to your competition but are missing out on a section of the market. They want to sell as many Xbox systems as possible.

I’m sure they “care” but again it’s such a ridiculously tiny sliver of everything. I can’t imagine why they would devote a lot of time and resources to secure a weaboo dating simulator when games like PUBG are selling 15 million copies and still going strong.

It sold 15 million copies but how Xboxes did it sell? This whole scapegoat Xbox owners are using about the best selling game series being where you put your resources is what sets you up to fail. Think about it. With Destiny 2 failing and Activision struggling with other franchises outside shooters what are they going to do when Call of Duty continues to flounder?

Come on @DeadCellScorpio you chime in as well. Explain why you need millions of figures in games for them to matter. It sold 15 million but isn't selling Xboxes because the Xbox fans that care about it already bought the system. Doing that leads you to fail because you need variety. Now MS' main hits are floundering how long before their major studios go bankrupt due to franchise fatigue?

The whole "third party games are what sell" is complete bulls***. If that was true Xbox would have caught PS4 by now.

@millimayne they are likely on there because Phil pushed for them but he can't and won't do that forever. Capcom is the only Japanese company to have prioritised Xbox over Switch and they already admitted Switch proved them wrong with SF. If Okami and Monster Hunter flop Capcom will reevaluate their stance on both Xbox and Switch. Basically MHW is likely their last chance to prove they want JRPGs because with the biggest JRPG being outsold by major 3DS JRPGs and the PS4 version selling over 5 times as much as the Xbox version its only a matter of time before Switch becomes a default platform for their games.

Capcom seem to be using the logic that there is still a direct split in the fanbase like last gen but that has been proven wrong. Granted its not too late to correct the brand image they've created but they are running out of time to do it. If they don't pull it off with Monster Hunter, Fighter Z and Sword Art nothing will do it and they'll be offered the scrapings while the others get the roast beef.

User Info: Titanfail2017

Titanfail2017
1 month ago#35
millimayne posted...

The problem is for every japanese game announced here there are another 3 announced on the others
Only anti nintendo people actually thought switch would lose third party support completely because the majority knew they were after the handheld audience with switch so are getting the third party support they expected
Xbox fans however are used to having it all after 360 so going into this gen and missing a lot of games they got last gen is rubbing people the wrong way
You bring up these games but you ignore what people are saying
We are saying that microsofts support has obviously suffered from last generation

This is raising some serious concerns about the future because it gives the impression the fanbase split for game sales on 360 was actually a fluke brought on by sonys mistakes and microsoft never had fans of those games to begin with
If 360 was a fluke it means it is the same as nintendo and they will never have the same third party support again
TalesRevenant - Switch hasn't even broken Wii U numbers yet. 26:08:17

User Info: Darth_CiD

Darth_CiD
1 month ago#36
uncledonnie3 posted...
Why would Microsoft flush their money down the toilet by aggressively going after niche games that a tiny percentage of the people who own consoles buy? I mean I know the OP is a troglodyte who’s completely incapable of rational thought but anyone else?

Because that niche audience doesn't only play that type of game and several niches are not made up of the same people, which makes your last sentence pretty ironic.

So a niche game only sells 200000 copies, well that's a potential 200000 extra console sales. 10 niche games will be an extra 2 mil potential console sales. Now if we be generous and say there has already been 35 mil XBs already sold through, then that's an extra 5ish% potential console sales just for accommodating niche games.

And because these won't be the only games these niche gamers will play, you will be increasing game sales across the board which in turn increases the amount of licencing fees MS get.

Now of course, I've gone to the extreme with these example figures but I'm sure you get the picture. Catering to more audiences increases console sales which in turn increases game sales. Its not a coincidence that one of the consoles caters to more audiences and just happens to be outselling the other 2:1, and anybody who could think rationally could figure this out.
My official prediction for next generation as of 10th Sept 2016 11:12 am
The headline buzz words will be "we have more flops than the other guys".

User Info: uncledonnie3

uncledonnie3
1 month ago#37
How shocking, I’m on gamefaqs and my comment upset a horde of clueless Sony fanboys (on the Xbox forum no less) who think weaboo loli games are the reason PS4 is in the lead. So many misinformed people here it’s ridiculous.

User Info: dr_zomberg

dr_zomberg
1 month ago#38
uncledonnie3 posted...
who think anime loli games are the reason PS4 is in the lead

youd be surprised.
cant argue with sales.
3d erotica maker, videogame collector, phd in zombie lore. Also a girl
"dont call gay art gay" -some mod. then WHAT is it, and WHATS its name????

User Info: Darth_CiD

Darth_CiD
1 month ago#39
uncledonnie3 posted...
How shocking, I’m on gamefaqs and my comment upset a horde of clueless Sony fanboys (on the Xbox forum no less) who think weaboo loli games are the reason PS4 is in the lead. So many misinformed people here it’s ridiculous.

Ah, inform us then. You clearly dont seem to think its a plethora of reasons in which catering to different audiences is one of them so you tell us the singular reason why PS4 is outselling the XB 2:1.
My official prediction for next generation as of 10th Sept 2016 11:12 am
The headline buzz words will be "we have more flops than the other guys".

User Info: pobbes

pobbes
1 month ago#40
uncledonnie3 posted...

lol talk about misinformed.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Microsoft 'not very supportive' of Japanese games, says NIS America

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived