Microsoft 'not very supportive' of Japanese games, says NIS America

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Microsoft 'not very supportive' of Japanese games, says NIS America

User Info: Em_Jay_Dee

Em_Jay_Dee
1 month ago#51
quincy2000a posted...
Samurai_Man posted...
Quincy has given up completely on the One X being better than the PS4 Pro

...never stated anything other than that...I'm just smart enough to see the two are very, very similar...and share some of the same strengths and weaknesses...like their checkerboarding and sub 4k/60fps performances...not a complaint, I'm "on board" with both...it's just the reality of the situation...

And yet you argued to the death that ps4's hardware was infinitely better then xbox one. For years. Despite being an even smaller gap in performance compared to the pro and one x. And now you're saying this crap?

YOU HAVE 0 CREDIBILITY LEFT.

User Info: sexbone

sexbone
1 month ago#52
ms doesn't care, maybe
sexbox one by micro&soft : always on, connected,and watching.Doesn't do 180.voice coms: sexbox turn on, sexbox watch AV, sexbox my home.Yes, i'm a sexboner.

User Info: CronoGuyver

CronoGuyver
1 month ago#53
uncledonnie3 posted...
Mario786 posted...
uncledonnie3 posted...
Why would Microsoft flush their money down the toilet by aggressively going after niche games that a tiny percentage of the people who own consoles buy? I mean I know the OP is a troglodyte who’s completely incapable of rational thought but anyone else?

You do realize that this doesn't hurt Japanese games, or Japanese devs at all right? Everyone who wants to play these games just buys a playstation, so it only hurts MS, cause now PS4 is at like 65 million consoles sold and XB1 numbers are too embarrassing for MS to say out loud.

You’re just as big a sociopathic fanboy as he is. Don’t insult everyone’s intelligence by posting like anyone here actually values your “opinion

Facts... some people simply cannot face them.
Those who come with a sword, will die by the sword.

User Info: quincy2000a

quincy2000a
1 month ago#54
Em_Jay_Dee posted...
And yet you argued to the death that ps4's hardware was infinitely better then xbox one.

...most if not all comments came from Digital Foundry or were DF based...if you're describing Digital Foundry's assessments as "argued to the death that ps4's hardware was infinitely better" than the 'bone's, I personally find that more an indictment of your state of mind than anything DF actually said...
Q: "I presume there will never be an Xbox One sold without it...Would that be correct?"
A: "Correct. Xbox One is Kinect." Microsoft VP

User Info: sonicteam2k1

sonicteam2k1
1 month ago#55
spartansbrother posted...
it's true today, but i don't blame them. they were pretty supportive of japanese games on original xbox and 360, but the japanese wouldn't buy them because they didn't say "playstation" on them. they came up with excuses like "the console is black so it means death" "x means death" even though playstation 2 was black and has an x button. the japanese didn't support MS, so now MS doesn't support them. that kind of upsets me though, because now we'll probably never see games like lost odyssey release as xbox exclusives ever again.

All of this
See The Game Collection
http://people.ign.com/nights_team2k7/games

User Info: kyncani

kyncani
1 month ago#56
quincy2000a posted...
Microsoft 'not very supportive' of Japanese games,

Microsoft isn't that supportive of non Japanese games either, not this gen anyway.

User Info: quincy2000a

quincy2000a
1 month ago#57
kyncani posted...
quincy2000a posted...
Microsoft 'not very supportive' of Japanese games,

Microsoft isn't that supportive of non Japanese games either, not this gen anyway.

Touché... RIP ScaleBound...au revoir 2017 exclusives...maybe we'll see you later future single player games...
Q: "I presume there will never be an Xbox One sold without it...Would that be correct?"
A: "Correct. Xbox One is Kinect." Microsoft VP

User Info: thechairmen

thechairmen
1 month ago#58
Some of the people here get it. MS used to go out of their way with Japanese support. They had a ton of Japanese games and just basically lost so much money on them.

They made the 360 white and had some really good Japanese games that sold like crap. You know how people flipped out for Shemue 3 a few years ago at Sony's E3? Well Shenmue 2 was on the Xbox and it flopped HARD. (I think the first one sold very poorly on the Dreamcast as well) so I was surprised people all of a sudden loved it when no one played the others before.

So this isn't a case where MS ignored Japan they sunk a lot of money at some point you have to cut your losses and do what you're good at. And for Xbox, Japanese games just isn't their strong point.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Microsoft 'not very supportive' of Japanese games, says NIS America

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived