Router

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Pyro_Yuy

Pyro_Yuy
1 month ago#21
I suggest flashing dd wrt or tomato. DD WRT is easier to use but tomato... I haven't used tomato lol, but I heat it's much more flexible.
Taylor Swift is my Patronus.
http://wp.me/1EBnQ

User Info: CapwnD

CapwnD
1 month ago#22
robdisco
I have no problems with the RT-AC68U using static IP addresses and port forwarding now that you can choose the port to connect to Xbox Live. I have two Xbox One S’s and an Xbox 360 all with open NAT even when on at the same time.

Right, now that you can change the port for Xbox Live. But he just wants a router where you don't have to do that.

I still have multiple 360s online and sometimes might have multiple PS4s so these other routers (the RT-AC66U and RT-AC88U) work better for me.
Death to the New Flesh, long live Videodrome!

CapwnD
1 month ago#23
Pyro_Yuy 10/20/2017
I suggest flashing dd wrt or tomato. DD WRT is easier to use but tomato... I haven't used tomato lol, but I heat it's much more flexible.

Not all models support it, and some don't support it well. For example It gimps the WIFI with the 68U.

I love DDWRT, I have many routers flashed with it, especially when I re-purpose them as access points.

CapwnD
1 month ago#24
I recommend custom firmware as something you can try in the "things to try" section of my post here, regarding multiple xboxes on the same network:
http://s1.zetaboards.com/FewGoodMen/topic/4258282/1/

User Info: Pyro_Yuy

Pyro_Yuy
1 month ago#25
Looks like your router is on the latest beta list.

ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/

Before buying a new router try dinking around with that first.
Taylor Swift is my Patronus.
http://wp.me/1EBnQ

User Info: djwagon

djwagon
1 month ago#26
Pyro_Yuy posted...
Looks like your router is on the latest beta list.

ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/

Before buying a new router try dinking around with that first.

not trying to being a ass here .but for tc mindset i think only one should be helping him/her .if you want to help do not mix the guy/gal up with what he learning from the other guy

when i had my network set-up i had one person helping me and no one else because i personally had no clue what i need to max out my network.my router is the netgear x10 and my modem is cm-1000 from netgear
Gamefaqs. the place were grammar/english/typing is more important then talking about video games .people attack me for that reason PRICELESS. ok by OTACON120

CapwnD
1 month ago#27
If he's comfortable flashing it then that's an option, I would suggest to also check the forum where they talk about each particular model, because sometimes some models have issues, or some revision models have issues (You can see what revision you have on the label where the model number is, it should say "revision A, Revision B" or whatever.

User Info: Ph1LmyB34rd

Ph1LmyB34rd
1 month ago#28
Thank you CapwnD for the recommendations. I do appreciate it. You have been a huge help.

CapwnD
1 month ago#29
flashing can be easy, but I've bricked one or two before. I've also recovered (without any soldering needed) but I did have one router that I lost due to a bad flash. But that's out of dozens of routers that I've flashed.

CapwnD
1 month ago#30
Ph1LmyB34rd
Thank you CapwnD for the recommendations. I do appreciate it. You have been a huge help.

No problem, I enjoy it. I've been dealing with this since 2005/2006 with COD2 and especially COD3 when my son and I were trying to get into lobbies at the same time... It took some digging around and trying some different routers but I eventually started to learn a lot more about it.

Now that they have that option to change the port numbers for Xbox Live it helps but it's still nice to have a router that handles multiple devices trying to use the same port.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived