Xbox manager "confused" over too few Xbox One exclusives "rumor

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Xbox manager "confused" over too few Xbox One exclusives "rumor

User Info: Crysiania

Crysiania
1 month ago#41
Muryo posted...
ZEROthefirst posted...
KiltyMcBagpipes posted...
Muryo posted...
Typo in the first sentence of the article.

Nothing to be confused about. MS hasn't bothered with exclusives and now paying the price. I'm glad we'll get stuff in 2-3 years but that doesn't help the situation now does it.

Ms didn’t anticipate the Switch being a smashing success and thought the status-quo of being second place was enough.

Well, Nintendo will always be in a distant third, but I'm glad they're at least trying now.

Considering how well the Switch is doing and how poorly the Xbox is doing this gen, I wouldn't bet against Nintendo overtaking Microsoft. Unless the One X somehow becomes a smashing success, they're not doing much to get out there anymore.

If I were MS I would provide exclusives for the beefed up system and encouraging costumers to get one, instead they make every title available on pc and discouraging purchases of the X1x: https://www.neowin.net/news/phil-spencer-xbox-one-x-is-not-for-everybody

That would be a major f*** you to most xbox one owners, you are almost don mattrick levels of crappy thank god you are not in charge. Imagine having to buy a new console every 4 years or miss exclusives rofl.

User Info: sylverlolol

sylverlolol
1 month ago#42
Crysiania posted...
Muryo posted...
ZEROthefirst posted...
Muryo posted...

Nothing to be confused about. MS hasn't bothered with exclusives and now paying the price. I'm glad we'll get stuff in 2-3 years but that doesn't help the situation now does it.

Ms didn’t anticipate the Switch being a smashing success and thought the status-quo of being second place was enough.

Well, Nintendo will always be in a distant third, but I'm glad they're at least trying now.

Considering how well the Switch is doing and how poorly the Xbox is doing this gen, I wouldn't bet against Nintendo overtaking Microsoft. Unless the One X somehow becomes a smashing success, they're not doing much to get out there anymore.

If I were MS I would provide exclusives for the beefed up system and encouraging costumers to get one, instead they make every title available on pc and discouraging purchases of the X1x: https://www.neowin.net/news/phil-spencer-xbox-one-x-is-not-for-everybody

That would be a major f*** you to most xbox one owners, you are almost don mattrick levels of crappy thank god you are not in charge. Imagine having to buy a new console every 4 years or miss exclusives rofl.

Are you dense? He's not saying make games exclusive to the X1X only. Everyone with a single functioning brain cell already knows both MS and Sony said that games would not exclusive to their premium consoles only. He's saying that MS needs some exclusives for the xbox brand (especially games outside of the Gears/Halo family).
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

User Info: Mario786

Mario786
1 month ago#43
This is without a doubt the best interview by an executive all year. Pure gold.

User Info: medmuscle

medmuscle
1 month ago#44
J22InSpirit posted...
medmuscle posted...
No RPGs that I can't play on another console, complete lack of Japanese support, and not much besides shooters and racers (along with a couple of indies) for console/brand exclusives.

Nothing confusing about it. Xbox is a niche product these days, only appealing to a certain demographic instead of to everyone. Xbox has fallen hard since the 360.

I agree with that. I'm ok with being a part of that niche since the Xbox One is my main console. I haven't played my PS4 in months, and I traded in the Switch for a One X PS Edition preorder at Gamestop (Switch didn't appeal to me at all...)

And that's good for you. I enjoy my Vita a lot myself, but it's definitely a niche product. If you don't appeal to everyone, you just won't be able to compete with someone else who does.
There needs to be anabolic steroid law reform. Bodybuilding is NOT a criminal activity. Also, putting someone on ignore means you are a delicate little flower.

User Info: medmuscle

medmuscle
1 month ago#45
trevelynzx posted...
medmuscle posted...

Xbox is a niche product these days, only appealing to a certain demographic instead of to everyone.

complete lack of Japanese support

Is that your definition of how to get out of a “niche” ? By adding a crap load of anime games that appeal to 2% of the US?

Your post is heavily flawed:

Not every Japanese game has an anime style.

Much more than 2% of US gamers buy Japanese games.

There are WAY more markets than just the US, which is all you listed and seem to be concerned about.

If you hadn't noticed, just about all the best, most critically acclaimed games were Japanese this year, and almost none of them came out on XB1.

Many of these Japanese games are selling better than some of MS offerings.
There needs to be anabolic steroid law reform. Bodybuilding is NOT a criminal activity. Also, putting someone on ignore means you are a delicate little flower.

User Info: CronoGuyver

CronoGuyver
1 month ago#46
TantrumBull posted...
CronoGuyver posted...
TantrumBull posted...
jedirood posted...
WallyWeasel posted...

He.... He quoted himself?

Yup, forgot to change accounts so he did.

So what? Does it somehow invalidate the source(s) that he/she has provided in this Topic or numerous others to support his/her arguments? No, it does not. Everyone who post that are simply trolls. You got nothing to say to invalidate his/her argument(s), so you try to divert the attention by making fun of the person who posted the argument in the first place.

Yes it does matter who posts it because quincy does this garbage every damn day to attack xbox and ms in some way and it's extremely idiotic to do something like this. and as others have pointed so many times he never reads most of what he posts and twists words around and completely ignore it when someone points out he's wrong about what he said.

Quincy having alternate accounts to back himself up in arguments and even forgetting to change accounts along with getting suspended a few times also makes him look stupid when he does this. trying to defend this garbage isn't going to get you anywhere especially since the person everyone are talking about is a well known troll now and isn't exactly a good source of info to use when talking about something xbox or playstation related.

It does not matter and it is not idiotic just because you have nothing to counter it with. He/she supports his/her arguments with actual sources. While you and your kind only know how to do personal attacks and spit out unsupported conjectures.
Those who come with a sword, will die by the sword.

User Info: darktheron

darktheron
1 month ago#47
ZEROthefirst posted...
Muryo posted...

Isn't the switch a generation a head? I hope to God it beats PS4 and Xbox one in sales because if it doesn't that pretty pathetic.

Why don't you bring up current gen? How's the Wii U doing these days?
"I was purged FOUR times since last August so I decided to ramp up the troll posts now." - Laylow12(Hornedlion)

User Info: Laylow12

Laylow12
1 month ago#48
This should help her out. Note: remove Crackdown 3 from Microsoft’s games. Delayed to 2018

Also, the PS4 and SWITCH both have far too many exclusives to list.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DILl-TiXsAYP0Fl?format=jpg.

The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin

User Info: HornedLion

HornedLion
1 month ago#49
Come on, guys. Can we stop bringing up Scalebound?

That game had serious potential and everyone who considers them self a gamer needs to feel upset about it.
"Wrong again, clown. I was warned for marking too many posts for trolling." - RonBurgundy929

User Info: quincy2000a

quincy2000a
1 month ago#50
...who to believe...Phil or Loftis...?

Microsoft exec ‘confused’ by ‘rumor’ that Xbox has almost no exclusives
Xbox global games publishing VP Shannon Loftis thinks that Xbox has plenty of exclusives. They just aren't out yet.
http://www.egmnow.com/articles/news/microsoft-exec-confused-by-rumor-that-xbox-has-almost-no-exclusives/???

And that picture...? Well, it's as if I could hear Puth singing in the background...
Q: "I presume there will never be an Xbox One sold without it...Would that be correct?"
A: "Correct. Xbox One is Kinect." Microsoft VP
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Xbox manager "confused" over too few Xbox One exclusives "rumor

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived