Do you think halo will ever get back to where it was in esports?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Do you think halo will ever get back to where it was in esports?

User Info: Huolihan

Huolihan
1 month ago#1
Or do you think it’s going to keep slowly dying down in esports? Whether it’s because of the direction 343 is taking it or not it definitly seems like it’s been in a steep decline while oddly gears seems to be on the rise

User Info: Kakkeron

Kakkeron
1 month ago#2
Not a chance.

User Info: Corrik

Corrik
1 month ago#3
No. Games in general for consoles seem to be getting further and further from esports material.
LoL ID = imajericho
XBL GT = Corrik

User Info: Splooie

Splooie
1 month ago#4
Not until it plays like a Halo game.

User Info: Squitchy

Squitchy
1 month ago#5
Splooie posted...
Not until it plays like a Halo game.

This. Esports imo is what is ruining great games like Halo. Letting pros help to shape your game when pros make up a small fraction of the player base is all sorts of wrong.
That's my secret, Gamefaqs. I'm always triggered.

User Info: Phaesion

Phaesion
1 month ago#6
Esports have been growing consistently for the past 5 years. Maybe they just don't promote the scene enough? I rarely hear anything about competitive halo these days.
Xbox/PSN: Phaesion - 3DS FC: 5172-1315-5522
Switch: TheDoomguy - 5074-0688-5409

User Info: AttackOnTitan

AttackOnTitan
1 month ago#7
They do their own thing, the Halo Championships or something like that.
Eren Jaeger - If you win, you live. If you lose, you die. If you don't fight, you can't win! -

User Info: Corrik

Corrik
1 month ago#8
Phaesion posted...
Esports have been growing consistently for the past 5 years. Maybe they just don't promote the scene enough? I rarely hear anything about competitive halo these days.

Esports or console esports? Console esports might as well be on life support as far as I know.
LoL ID = imajericho
XBL GT = Corrik

User Info: Phaesion

Phaesion
1 month ago#9
Corrik posted...
Phaesion posted...

Esports or console esports? Console esports might as well be on life support as far as I know.

Well I meant in terms for stuff not on pc.

Mainly fighting games though lol, I watch a lot of that. Like guilty gear or smash.
Xbox/PSN: Phaesion - 3DS FC: 5172-1315-5522
Switch: TheDoomguy - 5074-0688-5409

User Info: Samurai_Man

Samurai_Man
1 month ago#10
Corrik posted...
Phaesion posted...

This, I'm pretty sure there's a few console games that might be involved, but the numbers are probably 10< or even lower. All competitive e-sports are mainly played on PC
It's your friendly neighborhood Samurai Man.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Do you think halo will ever get back to where it was in esports?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived