This whole 4K Hdmi cable thing is a crock right?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. This whole 4K Hdmi cable thing is a crock right?

User Info: NSGraphite

NSGraphite
1 month ago#41
JaegerFox posted...
Saw these things selling for over 100 dollars...I just don't buy that there is at all a difference.

It's not a crock but they shouldn't cost more than $20 for a good one and you can get a cheap one for under $10.

It's about the bandwidth. 4k/60 +HDR and 12bit color requires a ton of bandwidth so a "4k HDMI cable" has enough (18gbs or more)

Do not pay more than $20 for such a cable thoigh
My last signature got erased, so I put this here instead.

User Info: NSGraphite

NSGraphite
1 month ago#42
Portknox posted...
I was a Magnolia Home Theater Pro 4 at Bestbuy and I can tell you that digital is digital. Now at the same time you want to get a cable of good quality when it comes to wear and tear but no you will not see a difference in picture. Either you get signal to the tv or you don't.

When it comes to 4K you need a High speed HDMI cable. I bought my cables (for my LG OLED 4k and Xbox One S among other 4k devices) from amazon. They are amazon basic cables and they work great. I left a link below.

https://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-High-Speed-HDMI-Cable-1-Pack/dp/B014I8SSD0/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1508622218&sr=8-4&keywords=HDMI+cable+4k

Not 100% true.

It's mostly true but for the full UHD spec which is 4k/60 with HDR and 12 bit color, you need more than high speed HDMI which is rated at 10.4gbs, you want "Premium High speed HDMI" which is rated at 18gb/s.
My last signature got erased, so I put this here instead.

User Info: skermac

skermac
1 month ago#43
Itl7054 posted...
Digital is 1 and 0. Gold plated, titanium flux capacitors, diamond coated cables will not make 1s and 0s look any better. Stick with the cheap HDMIs

exactly!
To the edge of the universe and back, endure and survive

User Info: djwagon

djwagon
1 month ago#44
phoenix9291 posted...
@djwagon I'm just talking about the technology, you shouldn't have an issue with a short cable. At a longer length it is possible to have issues with the signal and that wouldn't be good because you may not get a good picture with it being glitchy or something like that.

You said it was strange that you have no issues with a 4ft cable but it really isn't strange. You shouldn't have an issue at that length and it is smart to buy a cheap cable like you say you did. That didn't have anything to do with games or saying you need 4k or HDR when gaming.

It's pretty simple, as long as the hdmi cable you are using can transmit the data at the needed speed for the content and it is a shorter cable length then you can get a cheap cable and it is smart to do so. If you go longer then you may need to get a slightly more expensive one or you can potentially run into issues by going cheap. Doesn't matter if it is a game or not.

i have a that 4 foor walmart specail 4k one and for my gaming 4ktv with hdr10 and 10 bit i have a 25 foot radio shack 4k hdmi .so i say one again if my 25 foot radio shack 4k hdmi cable can do hdr10 and 10 bit .i do not see why i am getting attacked because i qoute some that said 15 above is issue with hdmi cables

lol and yes it says monster cables https://www.walmart.com/ip/Monster-UltraHD-4K-HDMI-Cable/42340195
i guess they do not sell 25 feet any more https://www.radioshack.com/products/radioshack-20-foot-premium-hdmi-cable
Gamefaqs. the place were grammar/english/typing is more important then talking about video games .people attack me for that reason PRICELESS. ok by OTACON120

User Info: phoenix9291

phoenix9291
1 month ago#45
djwagon posted...
phoenix9291 posted...
@djwagon I'm just talking about the technology, you shouldn't have an issue with a short cable. At a longer length it is possible to have issues with the signal and that wouldn't be good because you may not get a good picture with it being glitchy or something like that.

You said it was strange that you have no issues with a 4ft cable but it really isn't strange. You shouldn't have an issue at that length and it is smart to buy a cheap cable like you say you did. That didn't have anything to do with games or saying you need 4k or HDR when gaming.

It's pretty simple, as long as the hdmi cable you are using can transmit the data at the needed speed for the content and it is a shorter cable length then you can get a cheap cable and it is smart to do so. If you go longer then you may need to get a slightly more expensive one or you can potentially run into issues by going cheap. Doesn't matter if it is a game or not.

i have a that 4 foor walmart specail 4k one and for my gaming 4ktv with hdr10 and 10 bit i have a 25 foot radio shack 4k hdmi .so i say one again if my 25 foot radio shack 4k hdmi cable can do hdr10 and 10 bit .i do not see why i am getting attacked because i qoute some that said 15 above is issue with hdmi cables

lol and yes it says monster cables https://www.walmart.com/ip/Monster-UltraHD-4K-HDMI-Cable/42340195
i guess they do not sell 25 feet any more https://www.radioshack.com/products/radioshack-20-foot-premium-hdmi-cable

I think monster is actually supposed to be a decent brand/quality actually although I don't pay too much attention to the longer stuff because I don't need to use them.

The radio shack one actually looks decent too. Doesn't seem like you cheaped out on that either.

It is true though that longer cables can be an issue if it is a cheap quality one so when you said there wasn't a difference or whatever exactly you said similar to that people probably found issue with it.

I'd be surprised if you did end up having issues with that radio shack cable. Looks decent.
Not changing sig until Flyers win the cup

User Info: djwagon

djwagon
1 month ago#46
phoenix9291 posted...
djwagon posted...
phoenix9291 posted...

I think monster is actually supposed to be a decent brand/quality actually although I don't pay too much attention to the longer stuff because I don't need to use them.

The radio shack one actually looks decent too. Doesn't seem like you cheaped out on that either.

It is true though that longer cables can be an issue if it is a cheap quality one so when you said there wasn't a difference or whatever exactly you said similar to that people probably found issue with it.

I'd be surprised if you did end up having issues with that radio shack cable. Looks decent.
.i maybe helping those cables out with this i have about three of them
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/rocketfish-4-port-4k-hdmi-switch-box-black/5055100.p?skuId=5055100

one is hooked up to the arc port on the 900e and with that one port holds the ps4 and as well as the x1x on another port aka when it comes .the last port is hooked up to the other two for the x1s and all my other hdmi hook up 2 ps3/360
Gamefaqs. the place were grammar/english/typing is more important then talking about video games .people attack me for that reason PRICELESS. ok by OTACON120

User Info: phoenix9291

phoenix9291
1 month ago#47
djwagon posted...
phoenix9291 posted...
djwagon posted...
phoenix9291 posted...

.i maybe helping those cables out with this i have about three of them
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/rocketfish-4-port-4k-hdmi-switch-box-black/5055100.p?skuId=5055100

one is hooked up to the arc port on the 900e and with that one port holds the ps4 and as well as the x1x on another port aka when it comes .the last port is hooked up to the other two for the x1s and all my other hdmi hook up 2 ps3/360

Hdmi switches are pretty nice to have if you have a bunch of devices. My sound bar kind of acts as one, accepts 3 hdmi inputs, and it is so nice to be able to have more devices connected to the tv. I've currently got my Xbox, Pro, and PS3 going through the soundbar and then my Nintendo Switch on one of the tv ports.

Prior to getting my soundbar I was thinking of getting an hdmi switch like that because I ran out of ports and wanted to get a component to hdmi converter so I could connect my ps2 to my tv.
Not changing sig until Flyers win the cup

User Info: blacklabelice

blacklabelice
1 month ago#48
i got a couple of these.

https://www.amazon.com/AudioQuest-Diamond-26-25-Braided-Cable/dp/B00IL3TQTO/

only had to sell a kidney for them, but it was worth it.
I cant afford a good vacation, so i'm just going to drink until i dont know where i am.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. This whole 4K Hdmi cable thing is a crock right?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived