Controller and Xbox One do not sync until powercycle if I put the xbox to sleep.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Controller and Xbox One do not sync until powercycle if I put the xbox to sleep.

User Info: urmie

urmie
1 month ago#11
So you are hitting the sync button on the controller right? It blinks? Hit button on console (forgot where it is) and it should find it.
Facts don't care about your feelings.

User Info: Error1355

Error1355
1 month ago#12
urmie posted...
So you are hitting the sync button on the controller right? It blinks? Hit button on console (forgot where it is) and it should find it.

Yeah, both the controller and the console will be blinking waiting for a sync but nothing happens until I actually fully power the console down.

It's weird.

helIy posted...
well something still changed I'd say.

Yep. Frustrating haha.
This life is just a game we play, that we can never win.
But don't give up, no don't give up.

User Info: Chrischris907

Chrischris907
1 month ago#13
Factory reset should fix it

User Info: HentaiMan

HentaiMan
1 month ago#14
EastCoastKody posted...
i keep my controller wired at all times ;)

Me too, except when I'm sleepy, in case I doze off.
Nintendo/Kirby fanboy, KirbyCentrist. Poyo peace to the world :)
https://i.imgur.com/O68JkE7.jpg http://i.imgur.com/r6x4QXn.jpg https://youtu.be/S-1e0VJUWXE

Error1355
1 month ago#15
Chrischris907 posted...

Seems a bit extreme. I'll wait for the Xbox One X and hope an entirely different console fixes it.

If not then maybe I'll rearrange my room around to see if I can get the wireless gremlins to leave.

User Info: GTAcrazy

GTAcrazy
1 month ago#16
Error1355 posted...
Chrischris907 posted...

Seems a bit extreme. I'll wait for the Xbox One X and hope an entirely different console fixes it.

If not then maybe I'll rearrange my room around to see if I can get the wireless gremlins to leave.

Or you could try contacting support to see what they have to say to say.
GamerTag: Major Sousa

User Info: zerooo0

zerooo0
1 month ago#17
Error1355 posted...
Chrischris907 posted...

You ask for help, but then refuse it okay.
PRAISE THE SUN Young Justice Season 3 is HAPPENING!

Error1355
1 month ago#18
zerooo0 posted...
Error1355 posted...
Chrischris907 posted...

You ask for help, but then refuse it okay.

I gotta redownload all my games in a few weeks anyway, doing it now then when I get my X is bleh. I didn't say he gave bad advice or that it might not work. Just not a solution I want to try right now due to the lengthy download times due to my current internet setup being sub-par.

User Info: Maverickneo

Maverickneo
1 month ago#19
I have the same issue. Only started to happen when I downloaded the new UI.

Also, do you by any chance have a hard drive attached to it where your stored clips are going to? Using that new feature? Whenever I disconnected that, the xbox one starts up normally.

User Info: doutforharambe

doutforharambe
1 month ago#20
It happens to me as well but not often. Basically when its asleep the console wont wake up with the controller. I have to manually power on the console but the controller wont synch even if I attempt to resynch. The only thing that will fix it is a hard reset through power cycling like you TC.

It happens once a month or so and it's annoying.
Playing dat Persona 5!
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Controller and Xbox One do not sync until powercycle if I put the xbox to sleep.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived