Out of all the games that have released this year, Shadow of War is the best.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Out of all the games that have released this year, Shadow of War is the best.

User Info: Jigglybuff

Jigglybuff
1 month ago#1
A few days ago I ran into this guy:
https://www.reddit.com/r/shadowofmordor/comments/77d48a/out_of_35_hours_of_olay_no_orc_has_given_me_so/
Invincible to nearly everything but ranged or stealth. Only thing is he had so much hp both of those barely tickled him.

I challenged him several times, he challenged me several times. Every battle we fought I either died miserably, or ran with my tail between my legs.
He was level 56 in our last fight. For comparison I was level 41 when he killed me, as nothing but a lowly unnamed orc. In our last fight I was level 44. He was a whole 12 levels above me.

I was in a party with 5 other people who were all playing Destiny 2. For minutes they laughed at me each time he showed up, rub my face in the dirt and leave. Eventually one friend convinced me to broadcast it. I did and the rest of the party joined in my broadcast. All of them have played SoM buthave yet to play SoW.

I hunted him down 6 or 7 times each time getting more and more flustered as he kicked my ass. Not only was him constantly destroying me getting me frustrated, but the jeers, whooping and hollering from my party (now consisting of 7 or 8 friends watching the broadcast)was getting me more and more frustrated at each death. He was humiliating me in both the game and infront of my friends.

Eventually, I had enough. I told the party, screw it I'm going to another region, much to their dismay.
Not even 5 minutes into Gorgoroth, he shoulder tackles me from behind into the dirt, much to the excitement of everyone in the party.

We have another brawl, this one with no interference from Orcs or captains. A straight up 1-1. Now I would like to say I was kicking his ass since I no longer had to worry about anyone else.
Not even remotely close. When he downed me the last time he still had over 3/4s of his life. And everyone in the party made sure I knew how badly he kicked my ass.

Right before he delivers the final blow, my body guard shows up. First time in like 44 hours they ever saved my ass.
Tuka True-Shot shows up, delivers a whole bunch of sass, and snipes him straight thru the throat.

The noise in my party was deafening. People were cheering, some were laughing, but everyone was in agreement that what had just occurred was spectacular.

So thank you Monolith. For all the crap you've gotten, while some deserved, you guys truly delivered a game of the year. I've played Horizon Zero Dawn, Breath of the Wild, Neir, etc. Now don't get me wrong, those games are great. But not one moment in those games will stick with me as long as this one will.
Truly my personal game of the year
3DS FC: 3179-7229-7079
Official Supergirl of the Injustice 2 board.

User Info: NIN_tendo

NIN_tendo
1 month ago#2
I didn't read the post.
http://i.imgur.com/EgvAXwS.jpg #WARRIORS
Wii FC 3756-1965-4560-5571~~~ 360 GT xX NIN tendo

User Info: AltiarLio

AltiarLio
1 month ago#3
NIN_tendo posted...
I didn't read the post.

As a warriors hater, your sig triggers me
GT & Steam: Tyron3L1o. PSN: TyroneLio.
I enjoy video games and shoes, mainly shoes.

User Info: LostOdyssey17

LostOdyssey17
1 month ago#4
Jigglybuff posted...
https://www.reddit.com/r/shadowofmordor/comments/77d48a/out_of_35_hours_of_olay_no_orc_has_given_me_so/
Invincible to nearly everything but ranged or stealth. Only thing is he had so much hp both of those barely tickled him.

I challenged him several times, he challenged me several times. Every battle we fought I either died miserably, or ran with my tail between my legs.
He was level 56 in our last fight. For comparison I was level 41 when he killed me, as nothing but a lowly unnamed orc. In our last fight I was level 44. He was a whole 12 levels above me.

I was in a party with 5 other people who were all playing Destiny 2. For minutes they laughed at me each time he showed up, rub my face in the dirt and leave. Eventually one friend convinced me to broadcast it. I did and the rest of the party joined in my broadcast. All of them have played SoM buthave yet to play SoW.

I hunted him down 6 or 7 times each time getting more and more flustered as he kicked my ass. Not only was him constantly destroying me getting me frustrated, but the jeers, whooping and hollering from my party (now consisting of 7 or 8 friends watching the broadcast)was getting me more and more frustrated at each death. He was humiliating me in both the game and infront of my friends.

Eventually, I had enough. I told the party, screw it I'm going to another region, much to their dismay.
Not even 5 minutes into Gorgoroth, he shoulder tackles me from behind into the dirt, much to the excitement of everyone in the party.

We have another brawl, this one with no interference from Orcs or captains. A straight up 1-1. Now I would like to say I was kicking his ass since I no longer had to worry about anyone else.
Not even remotely close. When he downed me the last time he still had over 3/4s of his life. And everyone in the party made sure I knew how badly he kicked my ass.

Right before he delivers the final blow, my body guard shows up. First time in like 44 hours they ever saved my ass.
Tuka True-Shot shows up, delivers a whole bunch of sass, and snipes him straight thru the throat.

The noise in my party was deafening. People were cheering, some were laughing, but everyone was in agreement that what had just occurred was spectacular.

So thank you Monolith. For all the crap you've gotten, while some deserved, you guys truly delivered a game of the year. I've played Horizon Zero Dawn, Breath of the Wild, Neir, etc. Now don't get me wrong, those games are great. But not one moment in those games will stick with me as long as this one will.

Awesome.
The DS3 PVP King

User Info: helIy

helIy
1 month ago#5
shadow of War is one of the most repetitive and shallow games Ive played in a long time. even.

you literally just do the same exact f***ing thing over and over and over
depressed again
morning comes too fast and i'm tired of the routine

User Info: xSublimex

xSublimex
1 month ago#6
If A.C Origins can deliver from what they have shown in the videos I think it has potential to be GOTY.

User Info: simonbelmont2

simonbelmont2
1 month ago#7
The problem I have with these games is they have one great mechanic (nemesis system). That mechanic is surrounded by other rather generic mechanics like the Arkham-style combat, the AC style parkour etc. In the first game I also found the mission design rather dull as well.

I like the nemesis system, I find the other stuff in those games rather dull though. That's a personal thing as I'm bored of the Arkham style combat and AC parkour.

I haven't played Shadow of War but I'm glad you are having fun TC.
I love the friends I've gathered together on this thin raft.

User Info: dweeeeb2

dweeeeb2
1 month ago#8
LostOdyssey17 posted...
Jigglybuff posted...

Awesome.

Awesome
XBL/PSN GT: dweeeeb

User Info: TheCyborgNinja

TheCyborgNinja
1 month ago#9
I liked it, but it wasn’t as impressive as Shadow of Mordor. The magic has faded, it’s just okay... I preferred South Park.
"message parlor" ? do you mean the post office ? - SlayerX888

User Info: dejavu1982

dejavu1982
1 month ago#10
TheCyborgNinja posted...
I liked it, but it wasn’t as impressive as Shadow of Mordor. The magic has faded, it’s just okay... I preferred South Park.

Agreed south park for the win
Gt: Death By Karma
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Out of all the games that have released this year, Shadow of War is the best.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived