Any 4K HDR Freesync HDCP2.2 monitors out there?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Any 4K HDR Freesync HDCP2.2 monitors out there?

User Info: CapwnD

CapwnD
1 month ago#1
So far the only one I see that has HDCP 2.2 is the 32 inch LG for $1000 which seems to be hard to find. Was really hoping for 30 inch, or 28 inch. Something between 27" and 32"

Was hoping there would be more options by now, with the Xbox One X launch in November. The HDCP 2.2 isn't completely necessary for me, I don't really plan to use the UHD Bluray player with the monitor, but I would prefer that it's available.
Death to the New Flesh, long live Videodrome!

User Info: Critter_crew

Critter_crew
1 month ago#2
I read that several models were supposed to be available now but have been pushed back to 2018. It was all a bit vague about scarcity of panels etc. so they’re not going to be widely available for some time yet.

CapwnD
1 month ago#3
Critter_crew posted...
I read that several models were supposed to be available now but have been pushed back to 2018. It was all a bit vague about scarcity of panels etc. so they’re not going to be widely available for some time yet.

I read something about G-Sync panels not being available but the Xbox One will support FreeSync, so that's why I'm looking for that. Maybe it's the same problem with the FreeSync panels.

User Info: FlameVegaXV

FlameVegaXV
1 month ago#4
There is no 4k freesync hdr10 monitor out at the moment and will probably not release until later 2018. Hdr10 requires 1000nit brightness and the 32 inch lg(as well as most monitors claiming to have hdr) only outputs around 600 so you wouldnt be getting the full benefits of hdr compared to a tv. I believe the samsung CH models have true hdr, but the resolutions are 1440p instead of 4k. Basically you will either have to wait longer till something is announced, settle for a 4k monitor that has pseudo hdr.i myself got tired of waiting and ordered the 32 inch samsung 4k qled monitor. It doesnt have hdr but it has great picture quality, and freesync.
Im gonna make an awesome si- boom im sawed off

User Info: Masamune_6969

Masamune_6969
1 month ago#5
My 4K HDR tv goes up to 1900 nits. Glad to be using it.
"I tried so hard and got so far, but in the end it doesn't even matter."
~ Linkin Park

User Info: triple s

triple s
1 month ago#6
That's the only one I noticed as well. HDR is great and I have two TVs that have it(KS8000, KS8500) but I wanted to play the X on the desktop as well so I bought the 32" LG(LG 32UD59-B) that supports HDCP 2.2 and freesync. I think it's a VA panel but holy s*** does it look great.
GT:Triple S 06 PSN: TripleS24
Steam ID:triples22

User Info: FlameVegaXV

FlameVegaXV
1 month ago#7
Masamune_6969 posted...
My 4K HDR tv goes up to 1900 nits. Glad to be using it.

The only reason I use monitors instead of Tvs is because input lag. Once I played on a monitor I just can't go back.
Im gonna make an awesome si- boom im sawed off

CapwnD
1 month ago#8
FlameVegaXV posted...
There is no 4k freesync hdr10 monitor out at the moment and will probably not release until later 2018. Hdr10 requires 1000nit brightness and the 32 inch lg(as well as most monitors claiming to have hdr) only outputs around 600 so you wouldnt be getting the full benefits of hdr compared to a tv. I believe the samsung CH models have true hdr, but the resolutions are 1440p instead of 4k. Basically you will either have to wait longer till something is announced, settle for a 4k monitor that has pseudo hdr.i myself got tired of waiting and ordered the 32 inch samsung 4k qled monitor. It doesnt have hdr but it has great picture quality, and freesync.

Thanks that's good to know. I was wondering why some of the monitors at rtings.com had such bad HDR scores. Looks like I'll wait, last thing I really need right now is another monitor lol. Plus if I get a 4K monitor I'll also upgrade my PC and I guess I'll have to go AMD, so I can wait awhile.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Any 4K HDR Freesync HDCP2.2 monitors out there?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived