PSA - Apart from 4K you will get all of the X1X benefits on a 1080p TV.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. PSA - Apart from 4K you will get all of the X1X benefits on a 1080p TV.

User Info: agentspoon

agentspoon
1 month ago#1
People do realise that you will get every single benefit of the X1X even on a HDTV right?

The system does not detect what TV you have it plugged into and load the OG XB1 version.

Enhanced draw distance, more foliage, better lighting, more NPC's, vastly increased load times etc. The X1X will output the game at 4K even on 1080p TV's and then scale it down to 1080p meaning that even though you are getting 1080p it will be the best f***ing 1080p possible.
HOLY ****! What is this? Forged in Gods very flames! Do mine eyes tell me lies? A new Elder Scrolls game?
Time is nigh, I must fly, Venture forth on my quest!

User Info: denniedarko

denniedarko
1 month ago#2
What about my Xbox ready RCA?
Now Playing: Fallout 4, Far Cry Primal
Now Reading: Hyperion, by Dan Simmons

User Info: quincy2000a

quincy2000a
1 month ago#3
PSA - Apart from 4K you will get all of the X1X benefits on a 1080p TV.
"...all of the X1X benefits...for the more discerning and intelligent gamers out there, I'm sure you're aware that's an obvious lie...

" the highest rez...the best framerate...no compromises"

Now it doesn't rank up there with that one...mainly because the author is a known liar to the more observant here...but it's a whopper nonetheless...
Q: "I presume there will never be an Xbox One sold without it...Would that be correct?"
A: "Correct. Xbox One is Kinect." Microsoft VP

agentspoon
1 month ago#4
@quincy2000a

What the f*** are you talking about? For once I am not even going to pretend I understand the utterly s*** you just wrote.

It will have the highest res, its still 4K just squished down to fit on a 1080p screen, it will have the best frame rate as the frame rate will be no different to what it puts out on a 4K screen and it will be uncompromised because the X1X is still putting out the best possible Console results.

@Discharged19DCS
@Pizzatarian
@RetroGamerX
@SigmaLongshot

I'm sorry to call you guys but can any of you make sense of what he just wrote?
HOLY ****! What is this? Forged in Gods very flames! Do mine eyes tell me lies? A new Elder Scrolls game?

User Info: Tolly

Tolly
1 month ago#5
agentspoon posted...
Enhanced draw distance, more foliage, better lighting, more NPC's, vastly increased load times etc. The X1X will output the game at 4K even on 1080p TV's and then scale it down to 1080p meaning that even though you are getting 1080p it will be the best f***ing 1080p possible.

Yes please.
GT/PSN: Tollyonium

agentspoon
1 month ago#6
@Tolly

I know right! Even without a 4K screen you are getting the best Console experience on the market by a huge margin.

User Info: Resident Weevil

Resident Weevil
1 month ago#7
agentspoon posted...
@quincy2000a

What the f*** are you talking about? For once I am not even going to pretend I understand the utterly s*** you just wrote.

It will have the highest res, its still 4K just squished down to fit on a 1080p screen, it will have the best frame rate as the frame rate will be no different to what it puts out on a 4K screen and it will be uncompromised because the X1X is still putting out the best possible Console results.

@Discharged19DCS
@Pizzatarian
@RetroGamerX
@SigmaLongshot

I'm sorry to call you guys but can any of you make sense of what he just wrote?

You haven't realized after all this time that quincy is a s***poster?
The black wind howls... One among you will shortly perish

agentspoon
1 month ago#8
@Resident_Weevil

I know that but sometimes he genuinely hurts my brain with stupidity and I have to question it.

User Info: AshleyGreene74

AshleyGreene74
1 month ago#9
Surprised by how many people think that if you don't have a 4k TV, the X1X will do nothing for you.....

I, myself do not have a 4k TV yet, planning on buying it around Christmas time, and I'm still excited for the X1X due to the features TC mentioned. Biggest one for me, are load times, can't f'ing stand long load times. That was my biggest complaint about The Witcher 3, especially fast traveling into Novigrad...if you do that, go to the restroom, make a sandwich, grab a beer, and you'll still have a few seconds of waiting left.
Nobody should have any illusion about the possibility of gaining military superiority over Russia. We will never allow this to happen - Vladimir Putin

User Info: Resident Weevil

Resident Weevil
1 month ago#10
agentspoon posted...
@Resident_Weevil

I know that but sometimes he genuinely hurts my brain with stupidity and I have to question it.

That's why I finally had to put him on ignore. I thought the Xbox One X would've straightened him out, but he's just doubled down on his insanity. We would have more luck having a conversation with Cthulhu.
The black wind howls... One among you will shortly perish
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. PSA - Apart from 4K you will get all of the X1X benefits on a 1080p TV.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived