PSA - Apart from 4K you will get all of the X1X benefits on a 1080p TV.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. PSA - Apart from 4K you will get all of the X1X benefits on a 1080p TV.

User Info: killaSeason007

killaSeason007
1 month ago#51
agentspoon posted...
@killaSeason007

You still think that enhanced draw distances, god rays, better particle effects etc are going to be small improvements? By themselves you may be right but combined its going to be massive.

Its XB1 to X1X is going to be 360 Skyrim to Special Edition and to 4K X1X its going to be Oblivion to Skyrim Special Edition.

inb4hurdurminuplaskyrimsominoundastand

If I didn't buy a 4k tv I wouldn't be buying the X until I did.

Or at the least I would wait til I saw for myself how much better it is with a 1080p tv. To see if it's worth it not just words from developer or Microsoft I would need proof.

User Info: agentspoon

agentspoon
1 month ago#52
@killaSeason007

Fair enough, I cant argue with that.
HOLY ****! What is this? Forged in Gods very flames! Do mine eyes tell me lies? A new Elder Scrolls game?
Time is nigh, I must fly, Venture forth on my quest!

killaSeason007
1 month ago#53
The TCL series is under 1k and it's very good from I heard. I almost got it but I went for the lg cuz I'm a sucker for the high end once I start looking into something.

TCL 55C807 700 bucks really good 4k tv great value

User Info: phoenix9291

phoenix9291
1 month ago#54
killaSeason007 posted...
The TCL series is under 1k and it's very good from I heard. I almost got it but I went for the lg cuz I'm a sucker for the high end once I start looking into something.

@killaSeason007 check out the TCL P605/P607 instead. $600 and better performing model. The C series has a better design but the P series performs better from what I've read. A lot of great things have been said about the P series and it is a FALD LED.
Not changing sig until Flyers win the cup

killaSeason007
1 month ago#55
phoenix9291 posted...
killaSeason007 posted...

@killaSeason007 check out the TCL P605/P607 instead. $600 and better performing model. The C series has a better design but the P series performs better from what I've read. A lot of great things have been said about the P series and it is a FALD LED.

Yeah I thought I heard that somwhere but I wasn't sure, good to know thanks

phoenix9291
1 month ago#56
killaSeason007 posted...
phoenix9291 posted...
killaSeason007 posted...

Yeah I thought I heard that somwhere but I wasn't sure, good to know thanks

Happy to help! In my opinion it is the best tv under $1000 and I was very tempted to pick one up as an extra tv/placeholder in the bedroom until I buy a bigger tv for the living room next year and move the current living room tv to the bedroom.

I've had a tough time finding it in stores though and seems like one you need the store to order for you or just order online yourself.

User Info: agentspoon

agentspoon
1 month ago#57
@RetroGamerX

Sounds interesting.

You gonna do it by eye?
HOLY ****! What is this? Forged in Gods very flames! Do mine eyes tell me lies? A new Elder Scrolls game?
Time is nigh, I must fly, Venture forth on my quest!

User Info: RetroGamerX

RetroGamerX
1 month ago#58
agentspoon posted...
@RetroGamerX

Sounds interesting.

You gonna do it by eye?

yeah. just be cool to see two copies of a game running at the same time on different resolution set-ups. Will be trying it with Forza 7 and Tomb Raider first :)
Selling my PS4 for the almighty 'X'
"Xbox One X is the console for your 4K screen" source: Digital Foundry

phoenix9291
1 month ago#59
RetroGamerX posted...
agentspoon posted...
RetroGamerX

Sounds interesting.

You gonna do it by eye?

yeah. just be cool to see two copies of a game running at the same time on different resolution set-ups. Will be trying it with Forza 7 and Tomb Raider first :)

I'll probably do a test like this too. I'm even a little tempted to test on a 720p as I still have one in the guest room for now. Should be interesting.

User Info: Ratchetrockon

Ratchetrockon
1 month ago#60
agentspoon posted...
@Gunvalkyrie2

Tell that to PC players upgrading their hardware.

the difference between medium/high settings to ultra is barely even noticeable on modern games.

The biggest difference with stronger components is a faster frame rate or higher resolution. If xbox one x offers different settings then it'd be worth it but just barely.

Anyone that still games at 1080p has no need for the xbox x if they can't see past 30 fps like 99% of the human population . If you have 4k and a ridiculous amount of money then by all means buy it.

I know I won't be upgrading to the xbox x because its too expensive and I don't have a 4k tv.
i7 6900k | 2x GTX 1080ti FE (SLI) |MSI x99 Gaming PRO | 1tb 960 PRO EVO M.2 SSD| DDR4 32 gig 3200 RAM | EVGA P2 1200W
Bench: http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/21395525
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. PSA - Apart from 4K you will get all of the X1X benefits on a 1080p TV.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived