My X1X impressions on a 1080p screen

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. My X1X impressions on a 1080p screen

User Info: da_StoOge

da_StoOge
4 weeks ago#111
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

This was 1080p on PS4 and 900p on Xbone with 4x Anisotropic Filtering and a rather unfortunate looking sharpening filter applied to both versions.
So on 1X it's 900p with 16xAF.

The intro to this was always pretty smooth and it wasn't until you got to the main hub area that both versions started dropping frames. Unfortunately, as was the case with Bioshock Infinite, it's not all smooth sailing on the 1X.
Running around the hub seems to have similar issues to Bioshock in that it stutters for two or three seconds as it loads in each area. So running around the map isn't a perfectly smooth experience.
Once the initial stuttering passes that area then seems to run at a pretty steady 30FPS.

The texture filtering is a nice improvement here. The game uses parallax occlusion mapping to give depth to all the tiles and cobblestones that line the streets of Prague, and seeing those stretch off into the distance is impressive.

Loading times are also lightning fast and around 6 seconds across all my HDD's.
"Even though I'm no better than a beast, don't I have the right to live?"

User Info: importvita

importvita
4 weeks ago#112
Honestly, I wish the Mods would clean up this thread and sticky it. This would be very useful for the large numbers of us who don't have, and won't get, a 4k TV anytime soon.
A Mod/Admin said on 7/10/2016 9:44:39 PM:
Don't use this site to post your masturbation habits, let alone untoward comments at underage characters.

da_StoOge
4 weeks ago#113
importvita posted...
Honestly, I wish the Mods would clean up this thread and sticky it. This would be very useful for the large numbers of us who don't have, and won't get, a 4k TV anytime soon.

I'll try an do that today then. I was just worried I'd have info that was only from the first few levels of the game and there would be an issue at the end that I hadn't got to yet. But seeing as how it would take me all year to finish all these games I guess it would be better than nothing.

EDIT:

Any idea for a useful thread title? Games Tested on Xbox One X at 1080p?

User Info: Gunvalkyrie2

Gunvalkyrie2
3 weeks ago#114
da_StoOge posted...
importvita posted...

I'll try an do that today then. I was just worried I'd have info that was only from the first few levels of the game and there would be an issue at the end that I hadn't got to yet. But seeing as how it would take me all year to finish all these games I guess it would be better than nothing.

EDIT:

Works for me.
Does anyone have any guesses what percentage of the Xbox one games will get the enhanced or 4K treatment? For instance dead rising three or ryse or some older games? Will it eventually be applied to all Xbox one games or just a high percentage?
#BanBlobboyendings

User Info: Meltdown611186

Meltdown611186
3 weeks ago#115
Also have a 1080p and got the x. May upgrade tv one day.

Inpressed by games in 1080p

Wolfenstein 2 went from muddy look to very clear.

Ark is much better

Halo5 i notice details.

Quantum Break is MUCH MUCH better.

Overall the smoother framerate is great. Super sampling is not another made up term. It looks good.

If your looking to push a lot of the 900p games to 1080 with smooth frame, especially the ones that offer dynamic its worth the upgrade.

User Info: urmie

urmie
3 weeks ago#116
da_StoOge posted...
importvita posted...

EDIT:

Yeah I agree as well. Each game you test, you can edit the first post and add to it, then clean it up.
You can list each like:

Bioshock: Noticeable improvements, etc. etc.
Facts don't care about your feelings.

User Info: Gunvalkyrie2

Gunvalkyrie2
3 weeks ago#117
Assassins creed origins had been my ENHANCED DARLING until tonight ..........HITMAN. O M G. Huge difference. Makes me wonder if a 4k tv is even necessary.
#BanBlobboyendings

da_StoOge
3 weeks ago#118
I'll have to try Hitman's after my data cap bounces back.

Sleeping Dogs: The actual Definitive Edition

This ran at 1080p 30FPS on the base Xbone with screen tearing and frequent framedrops when in combat or driving around the city.
Well, the One X seems to smooth all those drops out and the game holds to its 30FPS cap now.

I say seems because the game is a little harder to test for me thanks to it's annoying automatic camera censoring. So I usually like to run around rotating the camera wildly looking for drops but that's a little harder to do with this game.
It also has a fairly aggressive depth of field which also makes noticing drops a little harder, but so far I've yet to notice any.

That is except for in the cutscenes that all seem to stutter for a second or two when they start up. I'm not sure if it was the same originally or not as I don't have my base Xbox set up, or if that's because the game loads so damn fast.

On the standard HDD loading times are around 10-15 seconds or so, but on my SDD I timed one load at less than a second with most less than 7 or 8 seconds.

So all in all I'm pretty happy with this one as it's one of my favourite open world titles and it now plays perfectly.

User Info: slipknirvana

slipknirvana
3 weeks ago#119
da_StoOge posted...
I'll have to try Hitman's after my data cap bounces back.

Sleeping Dogs: The actual Definitive Edition

This ran at 1080p 30FPS on the base Xbone with screen tearing and frequent framedrops when in combat or driving around the city.
Well, the One X seems to smooth all those drops out and the game holds to its 30FPS cap now.

I say seems because the game is a little harder to test for me thanks to it's annoying automatic camera censoring. So I usually like to run around rotating the camera wildly looking for drops but that's a little harder to do with this game.
It also has a fairly aggressive depth of field which also makes noticing drops a little harder, but so far I've yet to notice any.

That is except for in the cutscenes that all seem to stutter for a second or two when they start up. I'm not sure if it was the same originally or not as I don't have my base Xbox set up, or if that's because the game loads so damn fast.

On the standard HDD loading times are around 10-15 seconds or so, but on my SDD I timed one load at less than a second with most less than 7 or 8 seconds.

So all in all I'm pretty happy with this one as it's one of my favourite open world titles and it now plays perfectly.

A good test for this would be right outside the apartment in Downtown. Grab the grenade gun, blow up everything.

da_StoOge
3 weeks ago#120
Unfortunately (also fortunately as I get to play the game again) I'm on a fresh save.

I had a big fight in one of the parks during the day time and tried to keep fighting everyone in a stream/pool that used to tank the framerate.

I also hooned around the city in a fast car during the day with lots of smog. The game is weird because it used to drop more frames during the day than at night in the rain with all the reflections going on. And so far on the One X nothing's jumped out at me.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. My X1X impressions on a 1080p screen

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived