The Greatest Gift... is Family. No, wait, GAMES. I meant to say Games.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. The Greatest Gift... is Family. No, wait, GAMES. I meant to say Games.

User Info: SigmaLongshot

SigmaLongshot
4 weeks ago#11
DirkMcGurkin posted...
Christmas 1988. I wasn't expecting it at all, but there it was. The Nintendo Entertainment System which included Super Mario Bros./Duck Hunt pack-in and a light gun. I was 12 years old and had been playing Atari 2600 since I was 5 or 6. I remember taking the Atari out in my backyard and ceremoniously taking a hammer to it. Best day of my life up to that moment. Also the last time I would ever take the life of a poor innocent console.

I was going to say, poor Atari! But as a rite of passage, I guess it's okay. Like when I killed that dude. You've got to grow up someday.

I still remember the Christmas where I got my Amstrad CPC (green screen). I was about 6 or 7, and I'd only ever played a videogame on my school's BBC computer - I couldn't believe I could get to play game cassettes in my very own house. That was a tremendous gift.

That same year, my gran got me a Fast Traxx RC car. I got spoiled rotten that year for sure.
XB1/XB360/Wii U: TotoMimo PS4: Gooey_Toto/SigmaLongshot
A decade working in AAA game development? Time certainly flies.

User Info: uubershikamarux

uubershikamarux
4 weeks ago#12
When I was a Kid the only time I ever got new consoles was christmas so I have fond memories of opening N64, PS2, Gamecube, Xbox OG, PS3 and Xbox 360 which was the last console I got before I started earning my own money and christmas was reduced to socks, underwear and gift cards :p
GT: FullM3tal UK - PSN: DarthGokuverine
Me fail english that's unpossible

SigmaLongshot
4 weeks ago#13
uubershikamarux posted...
When I was a Kid the only time I ever got new consoles was christmas so I have fond memories of opening N64, PS2, Gamecube, Xbox OG, PS3 and Xbox 360 which was the last console I got before I started earning my own money and christmas was reduced to socks, underwear and gift cards :p

I used to hate getting novelty socks - now I actually like getting them!

I get nostalgic about when I'd get games as presents - there's something special about knowing the box in your hands is a game, but not knowing which one it is. A real rush.

Nowadays I tend to buy the games I want for myself, so usually my family gets me Xbox Live cards or PSN credit. It's a great present too, but nowhere near as exciting to open.

User Info: fon1988

fon1988
4 weeks ago#14
Christmas of 1993 I got a Sega with Sonic 2 and Jurassic Park.

Christmas of 1996 I got a SNES with Mario World and Mario Kart.

Christmas on 1998 I got a N64 and Mario 64.

Christmas of 2002 I got an Xbox with Jetset Radio/Sega GT and Amped.

Christmas of 2006 I got a Wii with Twilight Princess.

After that I really stopped getting games/systems as gifts.
NNID/Gamer Tag: PoisonShroom
Greatest line in a NES game ever: "Kill all babies" from Exodus.

User Info: Balzak74

Balzak74
4 weeks ago#15
Game. Mass Effect 2
Console. Ps4 with a second controller
I am not late, I just live in world that's too early

SigmaLongshot
4 weeks ago#16
fon1988 posted...
Christmas of 1993 I got a Sega with Sonic 2 and Jurassic Park.

I think in 1993 I also got Jurassic Park from Sandor Claus. Alan Grant definitely got the tougher story. I still remember the raptor getting to eat compsognathus for health. Top game. Tough as nails towards the end though.

Great gift.

User Info: charlton3k

charlton3k
4 weeks ago#17
PS1 with FF7, 8 and 9. This made most of my childhood.
Craphex
"...an idea so smart, my head would explode if I even began to know what I was talking about."

User Info: fon1988

fon1988
4 weeks ago#18
SigmaLongshot posted...
I think in 1993 I also got Jurassic Park from Sandor Claus. Alan Grant definitely got the tougher story. I still remember the raptor getting to eat compsognathus for health. Top game. Tough as nails towards the end though.

Great gift.

Yeah Grant's story was definitely the harder story to go through. It was a fun game though and I did eventually beat both stories.
NNID/Gamer Tag: PoisonShroom
Greatest line in a NES game ever: "Kill all babies" from Exodus.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. The Greatest Gift... is Family. No, wait, GAMES. I meant to say Games.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived