Games with 4K but no HDR?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Games with 4K but no HDR?

User Info: GalvatronType_R

GalvatronType_R
4 weeks ago#1
This probably requires a tech guy to explain but why do some games get uprezzed but not have HDR? I look at Gears 4, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Forza 7, and Forza Horizon 3 with their beautiful HDR and higher rez and wonder why the same can’t be done for Halo 5, Killer Instinct, and Assassin’s Creed Origins.
"Knowing what we know, we can't figure out how the GT-R goes around the Nurburgring so fast." - Lucca Torre, Scuderia Ferrari

User Info: M1911A1

M1911A1
4 weeks ago#2
Except AC origins is HDR.

User Info: LanternOfAsh

LanternOfAsh
4 weeks ago#3
It requires metadata to be put it. It’s hard to do if it’s not built from the ground up for it. Some of the old engines just can’t now.
u avin a giggle there m8?

User Info: mike468

mike468
4 weeks ago#4
LanternOfAsh posted...
It requires metadata to be put it. It’s hard to do if it’s not built from the ground up for it. Some of the old engines just can’t now.

Destiny 2 currently doesn't have it, but supposedly they will be patching it in on Dec. 5 when the next update goes out. Pretty sure it's built on an older game engine too, so it's possible.
Triggered fanboys,make the internet go round. In the most disgusting way

User Info: LanternOfAsh

LanternOfAsh
4 weeks ago#5
mike468 posted...
LanternOfAsh posted...

Destiny 2 currently doesn't have it, but supposedly they will be patching it in on Dec. 5 when the next update goes out. Pretty sure it's built on an older game engine too, so it's possible.

Everyone has different engines and different willingness to put it in. Destiny just came out it’s not nearly in the realm of ‘old’.
u avin a giggle there m8?

User Info: EastCoastKody

EastCoastKody
4 weeks ago#6
watch dogs 2 is 4k on PS4 pro...but no HDR

unfortunately Ubisoft has moved on from watch dogs 2.....and its probably not even going to get a xb1x patch :(

pretty good game that i think ppl missed out on

User Info: newsuperdude

newsuperdude
4 weeks ago#7
Assassin's Creed Origins does have HDR.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v723/AJSadler/superdude-2.jpg
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u45/Speeddemon1414/Set5/superdude10294.jpg

User Info: BURGERgio

BURGERgio
3 weeks ago#8
Yeah I'm actually one of the few people who prefer an HDR implementation over 4K any day. I guess it depends on the developer and the engine of the game?

User Info: omega1110

omega1110
3 weeks ago#9
mike468 posted...
LanternOfAsh posted...

Eurogamer did an interview with someone from Bungie and apparently someone working on the PC version made it their pet project to get HDR built into the game. Glad it pays off for console users as well.
Playing games isn't a hobby, its a way of life.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Games with 4K but no HDR?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived