Xbox One X provides so much more value than PS4 Pro.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Xbox One X provides so much more value than PS4 Pro.
(message deleted)

User Info: PS4TW

PS4TW
4 weeks ago#262
Both the mid gen upgrades are wastes of money imo.
My top 10 PS4 games = FFX HD, The Last of Us Remastered, Bloodborne, Uncharted 4, Horizon Zero Dawn, Persona 5, Yakuza 0, FF12 HD, Until Dawn, Journey.

User Info: The_Hedon

The_Hedon
4 weeks ago#263
Sony fans still mad that the Xbox One X with its great games and great performance is the console of choice now.
Sony: "Killzone runs at native 1080p and 60 fps"
DF: "KZ uses a processing method that blends 960 x 1080 images together."

The_Hedon
4 weeks ago#264
quincy2000a posted...
Kpt_Kapowski posted...
FlyEaglesFly24 posted...
People act like the graphic enhancements make it like you are playing a completely different game. Don’t you recognize the corporate bs when you see it?

Seeing as I'm a... refined gamer, i recognize the better overall performance X provides.

Once some gamers got past the $100 to about $200 more in price, the better overall performance was appreciated...but even that performance comes with its own restrictions...restrictions which have made another group of gamers decide they might be better off waiting until next gen rather than settling for this mid gen half step...

All in all, the Xbox One X will definitely be the most powerful console on sale come Christmas. Question is, will it close the gap with Sony’s PS4 and PS4 Pro? Like Sony’s top console, the Xbox One X is not quite powerful enough to deliver 4K / 60fps on every title, so expect to see a bit of adjustment and crosshatch rendering to close the gap.

https://www.extremetech.com/gaming/251999-new-details-define-promise-limits-xbox-one-xs-4k-performance e:ra

The great news for gamers is that with the Xbox One X only being $99 more than the PS Pro you get substantially better performance and graphics, better exclusives, and a 4K UHD player.

It's a win win for all gamers worldwide.

User Info: Zweihanda

Zweihanda
4 weeks ago#265
HornedLion posted...
jimmydonegood posted...
Better graphics, textures, faster hard drive, 4k ultra hd blu ray drive, better games.

better games.

better games.

Bwahahahahaha!!!!
PSN: Zweihanda

User Info: FlyEaglesFly24

FlyEaglesFly24
4 weeks ago#266
krazykiwikid posted...
FlyEaglesFly24 posted...
krazykiwikid posted...
FlyEaglesFly24 posted...
People act like the graphic enhancements make it like you are playing a completely different game. Don’t you recognize the corporate bs when you see it?

Actually there have been plenty of reports from credible sites like Penny Arcade and Digital Foundry where they have literally used the phrase "like playing a different game" in regards to the x1x outperforming the pspro.

That phrase is straight out of the corporate bs dictionary I’m referring to. Does the story change? The gameplay? Does anything actually change because the textures are a little sharper? Of course not. Don’t get me wrong, I hate pop in and limited draw distance as much as the next guy, and the shinier colors do look nicer, but $500 for that?

That’s corporate bs. I can play Assassins Creed Origins on my Xbox One and still be happy with the experience.

Doesn't change the fact that a lot of independent reviewers are literally using the phrase "like playing a different game". Which pretty much knocks it out of the "corporate bs" park. Of course nobody using that phrase actually means it's turning Assassins Creed into Overwatch in terms of a different game. That would be outstandingly idiotic to think so.

Reviewers are using that phrase to make it sound like the graphics enhancements are doing more than they really are. A better example is Skyrim vs Skyrim Definitive edition. Just because it looks better doesn’t mean it’s still not the EXACT same game you were playing on the 360. (Minus the mods of course.) So explain to me how playing Assassins Creed Origins on Xbox One X” is “like playing a different game” compared to Assassins Creed Origins on Xbox One S? It looks better. Whoopdidoo.
Not changing this signature until Ben Simmons plays his first game.
October 2nd, 2016

User Info: pobbes

pobbes
4 weeks ago#267
FlyEaglesFly24 posted...
krazykiwikid posted...
FlyEaglesFly24 posted...
krazykiwikid posted...
FlyEaglesFly24 posted...

Actually there have been plenty of reports from credible sites like Penny Arcade and Digital Foundry where they have literally used the phrase "like playing a different game" in regards to the x1x outperforming the pspro.

That phrase is straight out of the corporate bs dictionary I’m referring to. Does the story change? The gameplay? Does anything actually change because the textures are a little sharper? Of course not. Don’t get me wrong, I hate pop in and limited draw distance as much as the next guy, and the shinier colors do look nicer, but $500 for that?

That’s corporate bs. I can play Assassins Creed Origins on my Xbox One and still be happy with the experience.

Doesn't change the fact that a lot of independent reviewers are literally using the phrase "like playing a different game". Which pretty much knocks it out of the "corporate bs" park. Of course nobody using that phrase actually means it's turning Assassins Creed into Overwatch in terms of a different game. That would be outstandingly idiotic to think so.

Reviewers are using that phrase to make it sound like the graphics enhancements are doing more than they really are. A better example is Skyrim vs Skyrim Definitive edition. Just because it looks better doesn’t mean it’s still not the EXACT same game you were playing on the 360. (Minus the mods of course.) So explain to me how playing Assassins Creed Origins on Xbox One X” is “like playing a different game” compared to Assassins Creed Origins on Xbox One S? It looks better. Whoopdidoo.

PS4TW posted...
Both the mid gen upgrades are wastes of money imo.

User Info: hrj

hrj
4 weeks ago#268
The_Hedon posted...
quincy2000a posted...
Kpt_Kapowski posted...
FlyEaglesFly24 posted...

Seeing as I'm a... refined gamer, i recognize the better overall performance X provides.

Once some gamers got past the $100 to about $200 more in price, the better overall performance was appreciated...but even that performance comes with its own restrictions...restrictions which have made another group of gamers decide they might be better off waiting until next gen rather than settling for this mid gen half step...

All in all, the Xbox One X will definitely be the most powerful console on sale come Christmas. Question is, will it close the gap with Sony’s PS4 and PS4 Pro? Like Sony’s top console, the Xbox One X is not quite powerful enough to deliver 4K / 60fps on every title, so expect to see a bit of adjustment and crosshatch rendering to close the gap.

https://www.extremetech.com/gaming/251999-new-details-define-promise-limits-xbox-one-xs-4k-performance e:ra

The great news for gamers is that with the Xbox One X only being $99 more than the PS Pro you get substantially better performance and graphics, better exclusives, and a 4K UHD player.

https://media.giphy.com/media/Vg0JstydL8HCg/giphy.gif
PSN/GT - Hennaboy

The_Hedon
4 weeks ago#269
hrj posted...
The_Hedon posted...
quincy2000a posted...
Kpt_Kapowski posted...
FlyEaglesFly24 posted...

https://media.giphy.com/media/Vg0JstydL8HCg/giphy.gif

^salty

User Info: Intellivision_G

Intellivision_G
3 weeks ago#270
jimmydonegood posted...
Better graphics, textures, faster hard drive, 4k ultra hd blu ray drive, better games. It's the entire package rolled into an engineering marvel. Quite an incredible feast if you ask me.

It really is. I only bought the Pro as a stop gap until the X came out. I’ll probably still play on it, the pro, but I don’t know when.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Xbox One X provides so much more value than PS4 Pro.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived