Need for Speed Payback Review - 3 / 10

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Need for Speed Payback Review - 3 / 10

User Info: KiltyMcBagpipes

KiltyMcBagpipes
2 months ago#1
https://www.destructoid.com/review-need-for-speed-payback-472629.phtml

Once the servers for this game inevitably go offline, with no way to obtain loot boxes, earn speed cards or trade tokens, I can't help but wonder if the casual consumer would genuinely ever have the patience to fully complete this game. Need for Speed Payback is another result of EA meddling in the concept of “games as a service” and taking an otherwise mediocre entry in the series and completely butchering it in the process to achieve this goal.

Here's hoping this trend of free-to-play business strategies in full priced games comes to an end sooner, rather than later.

e:ra
i7 Extreme 6950X | 4x MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB | ASUS Rampage V Edition 10 | 128GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200Mhz | 2x Samsung 850 Evo 2TB SSD (RAID)

User Info: fon1988

fon1988
2 months ago#2
Soooooo....f*** EA? Yes.
NNID/Gamer Tag: PoisonShroom
Greatest line in a NES game ever: "Kill all babies" from Exodus.

User Info: ThanosSupreme

ThanosSupreme
2 months ago#3
dayum that's pretty bad

looks like a Forza game will be racing game of the year for the third straight year

now that need for speed and gt short are flops
"That's how I determine which one to buy.No moved goalposts for me whichever one outperforms the other wins." - quincy2000a

User Info: ghstbstr

ghstbstr
2 months ago#4
I got the digital deluxe edition and have been playing it since friday and I am having alot of fun with it, and it's alot better than the last NFS game. I'd rate the last NFS game a 6/10, and so far Payback is an 8/10.
Alienware Alpha R2 -i7 6700T 8MB 2.8/3.6GHz -GTX960 4GB GDDR5 -16GB DDR4 2133MHz,
-128GB SSD -1TB 7200 HDD -Intel Wireless AC3165/BT 4.2 -Win10 Creators 64bit.

User Info: richboy900

richboy900
2 months ago#5
ThanosSupreme posted...
dayum that's pretty bad

looks like a Forza game will be racing game of the year for the third straight year

now that need for speed and gt short are flops

Forza has no competition at all right now. Closest game right now to hold a candle would be project cars.

We need a new burnout game though, only bad thing would be the ea logo. We all know what that means.

User Info: holden4ever

holden4ever
2 months ago#6
richboy900 posted...
Forza has no competition at all right now.

If they did maybe T10 wouldn't have half arsed FM7. The actual driving is as good as it's ever been but there are so many bad decisions that have been made with the game that it takes away from it. One new track, a handful of new cars, a large number of cars locked with no obvious way of unlocking them, no class based rivals for hotlapping, loot crates that don't need to be there and an assortment of other complaints mean that FM7 wins by default, not because it deserves it.
https://i.imgur.com/wTUjLps.jpg - RIP Holden
Si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes

User Info: iiiUsername

iiiUsername
2 months ago#7
ghstbstr posted...
I got the digital deluxe edition and have been playing it since friday and I am having alot of fun with it, and it's alot better than the last NFS game. I'd rate the last NFS game a 6/10, and so far Payback is an 8/10.

I share the exact same feelings. I’m at about 40-46 hours into payback and I can tell it’s starting to lose its steam, but that’s fine as I’ve enjoyed every second of it. It’s actually the only game my Xbox X has seen so far lol.
Gt: xBj

User Info: c13rocks

c13rocks
2 months ago#8
They just need to make it almost exactly like the original Most Wanted. Change the area, cars, etc... But keep that type of gameplay. That is one of my top 3 racing games of all time.
(message deleted)

User Info: MetalZoic

MetalZoic
2 months ago#10
c13rocks posted...
They just need to make it almost exactly like the original Most Wanted. Change the area, cars, etc... But keep that type of gameplay. That is one of my top 3 racing games of all time.

For sure. That was the last great NFS game. Damn it was good even with how limited the cars were.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Need for Speed Payback Review - 3 / 10

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived