Subjective 6/10- "average" or "dire" games you adore

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Subjective 6/10- "average" or "dire" games you adore

User Info: SigmaLongshot

SigmaLongshot
4 weeks ago#1
No accounting for taste, eh?

Some games review moderately, or even poorly, and we can find some enjoyment in them. Whether you're loving them in spite of their flaws, because of their flaws... or perhaps you're even ignorant of those flaws everyone else seems to see - you just love 'em!

Let's hear some of your subjectively moderately or poorly rated games you absolutely love!

Oh, and let us all know if you love them in spite of their flaws, because of their flaws, or that they simply don't matter to you!
XB1/XB360/Wii U: TotoMimo PS4: Gooey_Toto/SigmaLongshot
A decade working in AAA game development? Time certainly flies.

User Info: thedude008

thedude008
4 weeks ago#2
battlefield hardline.
i feel if it was just called 'hardline', it probably would've been a hit.
i really enjoyed it (would still play if it wasn't a ghost town.. kinda wish it went GWG, so some would give it a chance)

apparently i like 'the worst fallout game' the best too (F4)
want options for xbox to shut down or standby when pressing the guide button? (instead of going through settings)
add a vote: http://tinyurl.com/hwweyup

User Info: kst8er

kst8er
4 weeks ago#3
most people didnt like dragon age 2 but i thought it was pretty good. just not as good as DA-Origins
Today is the one year anniversary of today's date last year

User Info: RonBurgundy929

RonBurgundy929
4 weeks ago#4
👀Pit-Fighter👀

I own it on Genesis, SNES and 3.5" floppy disk 🤷🏻‍♂
Xbox One X & PS4 Pro: RonBurgundy929

User Info: MetalZoic

MetalZoic
4 weeks ago#5
Ryse
Not sure what it's average review score is, but that game is actually a really solid brawler with crazy satisfying combat.

User Info: INKU48

INKU48
4 weeks ago#6
In general I feel the entire genre of arcade shmups on consoles suffers from reviewers expectations of play time. They are designed to be sub-30 minutes long and intended for you to practice and git gud. It's by design.

I thought ReCore was a great game and the only real flaw was the bugs. Sadly they were not uncommon and dragged the game down a bit. One of the few games with challenging platforming this gen and it had several decent mechanics of its own. Felt refreshing among cinematic cover shooters to get a game focused on gameplay and a higher pace.

Song of the Deep is a really solid underwater Metroidvania which received lots of criticism for its high challenge coupled with controls which are difficult to master. Solution: play the game on Easy and you will have a great game.

Not going to say "adore" but I feel Crimson Dragon's flaws were greatly exaggerated. The game told you where the items needed to progress are and the free flight stages with bad controls are less than a handful in number. Not a worthy successor to Panzer Dragoon Orta but a pretty fun time.
Ryse > Knack

User Info: flame030191

flame030191
4 weeks ago#7
Battlefield Hardline

Thief 2014

Medal of Honor 2010/Warfighter

Call of Duty Ghosts/IW

Kingdoms of Amalur

Homefront 2011

There’s probably more but those are the ones that I can remember off the top of my head.
Forgive me for I am a noob. I know not what I do.

User Info: xFrostxPhoenix

xFrostxPhoenix
4 weeks ago#8
Monster Hunter games
They usually don't score very high (well at least the PSP versions didn't).
GT: xFrostxPhoenix | PSN: xFrostxPhoenix
GSU Comp Sci C/O 2015 | XB1;360;PS4;N64;SNES

User Info: DirkMcGurkin

DirkMcGurkin
4 weeks ago#9
Lollipop Chainsaw

Flaws? There are none. It's everything it was supposed to be. I guess I fall into the "ignorant to it's flaws" category.
Gamertag: Dirk McGurkin

User Info: Winternova

Winternova
4 weeks ago#10
Dragon Age II
Alpha Protocol
Duke Nukem Forever
E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial
No Man's Sky
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMKUUUvjjzo
I'm not a grammar Nazi. I'm just alt-write. RIP Tori. You will be missed.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Subjective 6/10- "average" or "dire" games you adore

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived