Have to press Xbox button so hard with Xbox One X controller

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Have to press Xbox button so hard with Xbox One X controller

User Info: Brick_Top_

Brick_Top_
3 weeks ago#1
To bring up the Xbox menu for some reason I have to press the Xbox button very hard. The regular Xbox one controller you have to barely tap it but this one so many times I hit it 3-4 times before pressing down very hard just to get it to come up.

Anyone else? This is really annoying.

User Info: Kakkeron

Kakkeron
3 weeks ago#2
But your controller loves it when it’s hard.

User Info: MetalZoic

MetalZoic
3 weeks ago#3
My Elite controller is the same way, obviously something is just wrong with the button itself.

User Info: Reel_Big_Mike

Reel_Big_Mike
3 weeks ago#4
I noticed this with my Xbox One X controller also (Project Scorpio Edition if it matters). The guide button is flush with the controller and you have to press it fairly hard. With my other controllers the guide button sticks out from the controller slightly and doesn't require as much force to activate.

User Info: Brick_Top_

Brick_Top_
3 weeks ago#5
Reel_Big_Mike posted...
I noticed this with my Xbox One X controller also (Project Scorpio Edition if it matters). The guide button is flush with the controller and you have to press it fairly hard. With my other controllers the guide button sticks out from the controller slightly and doesn't require as much force to activate.

Yes same thing. I think it was poorly designed my friend has the same problem as well.

User Info: theactuary101

theactuary101
3 weeks ago#6
My project Scorpio controller works perfectly. So does my free recon controller I got from the forza 7 contest. Bought a used light blue controller, only problem with that one is it's really loud when it rumbles....

User Info: MetalZoic

MetalZoic
3 weeks ago#7
Brick_Top_ posted...
Reel_Big_Mike posted...

Yes same thing. I think it was poorly designed my friend has the same problem as well.

My x1x controller is perfectly fine, but my Elite controller does have the button more flush now that you mention it. That tells me that the rubber foot inside might be stuck in the down position instead of springing back up. Might be an easy fix if you're willing to crack it open.

User Info: twiztidfreak6t9

twiztidfreak6t9
3 weeks ago#8
Same with my regular Xbox One X, and when I had the PS edition.
PSN (PS4):Twiztidfreak6t9 GT(Xbox One):Same as PSN.
Switch FC:SW-5219-1008-0521

User Info: Beasthunt

Beasthunt
3 weeks ago#9
My controller was faulty. The replacement came in last night. It was a box in a large box. The small box had a controller wrapped in bubble wrap. It was glorious.
Gamertag: Beasthunt, PSN: Beasthunt, Steam: Beasthunt
Acts 2:38
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Have to press Xbox button so hard with Xbox One X controller

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived