One X System Noise question

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. One X System Noise question

User Info: Milkmantious

Milkmantious
3 weeks ago#21
crpav posted...
Milkmantious posted...
crpav posted...
Milkmantious posted...
crpav posted...
I've been struggling with this issue for the past week. Mine (Scorpio) sounds like your typical high powered electronic device where I can hear the fan cooling the system. Maybe it's a bit loud but not faulty or deeming of an exchange. I want proof of those who say it's silent since the fan runs and has to cool so there has to be some sound. COD really pushes the system and it revs up much more since I play with full 4k and HDR.

I almost did an advanced exchange yesterday but right before saying yes I backed out. Heard stories of getting scratched and damaged systems back and I don't want a refurb. High chance I don't get a Scorpio back either and who knows could be worse than mine now. It works, plays flawlessly and a little fan noise means it's doing it's job.

Again, show me audible proof of a perfectly silent system.

I actually got an exchange on the first Scorpio I had. It was making this really odd noise, that definitely didn't sound right. I'm happier with the exchanged console. Though ya I wonder about all these people claiming it's "Silent" as I can still hear mine. It's not loud or anything but there is definitely noise associated with it running.

Could you describe the sound? Mine is just a noticeable fan pushing air sound like my old PS4 that revs up and then down when really pushed. I play with very low sound due to wife sleeping and the theater room is right below our master bedroom so if I play it loud it shakes the room and can be heard easily upstairs. For that reason I can hear the system running and the fan running.

https://youtu.be/3xMiZMzAQ1Y
That's the video I had put up on YouTube from the first Scorpio I had. The console I got in the exchange doesn't have that whirring/rattling sorta noise anymore. Still hear the fan though.

What is the quality of the console you got back in exchange? A scorpio? I fear of getting a non scorpio that is just a scratched, damaged, opened refurb in terrible condition.

I lucked out and was able to get another Scorpio, brand new in the exchange.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. One X System Noise question

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived