Xbox one X on 720 tv?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Xbox one X on 720 tv?

User Info: Zombody2

Zombody2
4 weeks ago#1
Just curious if this would even work? I’m not always at home and sometimes only have access to an older 720p tv.

Would the X work, and would it look fine? I’m more concerned with performance and visuals over resolution. I realize it would obviously not look as good as 1080 or 4k. Would I still benefit from better fps, load times, etc?

Can’t find an answer anywhere on internet. Any suggestions are appreciated.

User Info: phoenix9291

phoenix9291
4 weeks ago#2
It would work. There isn’t really a reason for it not to or why it wouldn’t work the same as on a 1080p set. Everything is still going to work the same and you’ll still get supersampling. I’m pretty sure there is even an option to output at 720p on the One X.

720p is just a resolution. You’ll get same performance, enhanced graphics, and supersampling from greater than 720p resolutions down to 720p.
Not changing sig until Flyers win the cup

Zombody2
4 weeks ago#3
Excellent, thank you for the reply. I’m very excited to get my X. Wasn’t gonna bother but now I can’t wait

Zombody2
4 weeks ago#4
Im just givingn it another bump, I have friends telling me it won’t work with 720p

User Info: phoenix9291

phoenix9291
4 weeks ago#5
Zombody2 posted...
Im just givingn it another bump, I have friends telling me it won’t work with 720p

They really don’t know what they are talking about. 720p is just a resolution. The system literally has an option in the video settings for it to output at 720p.

They are either trolling you or are flat out ignorant about what they are talking about.
Not changing sig until Flyers win the cup

Zombody2
4 weeks ago#6
phoenix9291 posted...
Zombody2 posted...

They really don’t know what they are talking about. 720p is just a resolution. The system literally has an option in the video settings for it to output at 720p.

They are either trolling you or are flat out ignorant about what they are talking about.

Haha. They are flat out ignorant. In their 30s and still stuck in the console wars like when we were children. Thanks for the replies again!

User Info: chex81

chex81
4 weeks ago#7
phoenix9291 posted...
Zombody2 posted...

+1
XBL: chex81 || NNID: phasma81

User Info: ave1

ave1
4 weeks ago#8
Ignorant people like that need to learn to just stop guessing about stuff they really have no clue about.
I have a new sig and this is it.

User Info: importvita

importvita
4 weeks ago#9
Of course it'll work. You should be like...0 jaggies and will probably have the best AA the world has ever seen. (or not seen since, you know, resolution and stuff) lol
A Mod/Admin said on 7/10/2016 9:44:39 PM:
Don't use this site to post your masturbation habits, let alone untoward comments at underage characters.

User Info: Kakkeron

Kakkeron
4 weeks ago#10
*Raises hand*

I’m on a 720p screen and the X is perfectly fine on that. You really don’t need a 4K set.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Xbox one X on 720 tv?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived