IGN reviews Battlefront 2. Ouch !

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. IGN reviews Battlefront 2. Ouch !

User Info: EightySix22

EightySix22
3 weeks ago#1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ow5Jkxv2Qv0

User Info: ThanosSupreme

ThanosSupreme
3 weeks ago#2
dayum 6.5

i'll wait for a big sale
"That's how I determine which one to buy.No moved goalposts for me whichever one outperforms the other wins." - quincy2000a

User Info: chex81

chex81
3 weeks ago#3
A game that improves on the first in every way scores much less than the original, nice lol. As if there was a proper progression system for the first game. Meh I’m loving it.
XBL: chex81 || NNID: phasma81

User Info: SonyPonyTony

SonyPonyTony
3 weeks ago#4
Digital poop :(
http://minus.com/lbfiUvu5vxhhzA
Forza defined the Car Simulator Genre, it was always the highest selling franchise in the genre by a HUGE margin. - Izraeil

User Info: redditon4chan

redditon4chan
3 weeks ago#5
It kind of sucks. The game looks amazing visually. I'm sure it plays well. Its Star Wars. Its iconic.

The game dipped into the yellow on MC and minutes later EA announced they were going to pull purchases. Coincidence? Maybe.

Its no secret companies place a HUGE internal emphasis on review scores, going so far as to deny employees bonuses and such for not meeting certain scores.

I just imagine all this effort put into the game and then the higher ups slap a bunch of crap on it, spoil the name through poor PR and blame everyone that put in hours of labor making a GOOD game on the low scores.

The whole thing is beyond wild at this point.
10-9-8-7-triple 6-5-forked tongue. NN/PSN/XBL - redditon4chan

User Info: da_StoOge

da_StoOge
3 weeks ago#6
As much as I don't care for scores or reviews I'm glad they didn't just give EA what they wanted and bumped this up after the micro transaction reversal.

Stick it to the a******s with the low scores.
"Even though I'm no better than a beast, don't I have the right to live?"

User Info: Theleeham

Theleeham
3 weeks ago#7
chex81 posted...
A game that improves on the first in every way scores much less than the original, nice lol. As if there was a proper progression system for the first game. Meh I’m loving it.

While everything surrounding the game is obviously terrible business practice, IGN are just jumping on the bandwagon here. I'd be willing to bet my life that if EA hadn't received all this backlash, but the game remained the same, IGN would have loved it.

User Info: Slider

Slider
3 weeks ago#8
IGN is just hopping on the bandwagon to not draw any of the hate onto themselves.

User Info: ColorBlindGamer

ColorBlindGamer
3 weeks ago#9
Slider posted...
IGN is just hopping on the bandwagon to not draw any of the hate onto themselves.

This lol
Nothing comes out as you plan it out to be.

User Info: EightySix22

EightySix22
3 weeks ago#10
Theleeham posted...
chex81 posted...

While everything surrounding the game is obviously terrible business practice, IGN are just jumping on the bandwagon here. I'd be willing to bet my life that if EA hadn't received all this backlash, but the game remained the same, IGN would have loved it.

No. The reviewer clearly stated that the multiplayer is not just broken: it is one of the worse in recent memory. Relying exclusively on the loot system to progress was a colossal mistake. I know you guys love the conspiracies but could it be that the game just isn't THAT good ? The single-player campaign too, has glaring flaws.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. IGN reviews Battlefront 2. Ouch !

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived