Digital Foundry: Star Wars Battlefront 2: Frostbite stress-tested on Xbox One X

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Digital Foundry: Star Wars Battlefront 2: Frostbite stress-tested on Xbox One X

User Info: quincy2000a

quincy2000a
3 weeks ago#1
Significant resolution boosts over PS4 Pro, but what about performance?
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2017-star-wars-battlefront-2-xbox-one-x-
c-ps4-pro-analysis e:ra
Q: "I presume there will never be an Xbox One sold without it...Would that be correct?"
A: "Correct. Xbox One is Kinect." Microsoft VP

User Info: krazykiwikid

krazykiwikid
3 weeks ago#2
quincy2000a posted...
Significant resolution boosts
If you wish to make a topic about Xbox One then do so. What happens with the PlayStation has nothing to do with Xbox - Gamefaqs moderator

User Info: agentspoon

agentspoon
3 weeks ago#3
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BE72jzVHph8

Actual working link, Quincy tried so hard to get this out quickly he couldn't even post a working link.

Also stop stealing topics from Reddit.

Edit - Performance is not tied to the Console. Its tied to the game code. Look at Arkham Knight on PC, even Monster Rigs could not run it because the game code was so poor.
HOLY ****! What is this? Forged in Gods very flames! Do mine eyes tell me lies? A new Elder Scrolls game?
Time is nigh, I must fly, Venture forth on my quest!

User Info: Babbit55

Babbit55
3 weeks ago#4
quincy2000a posted...
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2017-star-wars-battlefront-2-xbox-one-x-

In many respects, we're looking at a virtual re-run of what we saw recently with Bethesda's Wolfenstein 2. The id Tech 6 engine shares a clutch of technologies also found in Frostbite, designed to maximise the visual return on all systems while targeting 60 frames per second action. First amongst them is dynamic resolution scaling, where both Wolfenstein 2 and Battlefront 2 adjust pixel-counts on the fly in order to sustain performance. PS4 Pro tops out at 2560x1440 on both titles, while Xbox One X pushes further - much further - delivering a maximum of 3840x2160, or full-fat 4K. That's a 2.25x increase in pixel-count, a surprising uplift bearing in mind the respective specs of the two systems.

So what they are saying is, the xbox 1 X is a 4k 60 capable machine right?
GT:- Babbit55
PC - i5 4670k, 16g ram, RX 480, 2tb hybrid drive.

quincy2000a
3 weeks ago#5
Babbit55 posted...
quincy2000a posted...

In many respects, we're looking at a virtual re-run of what we saw recently with Bethesda's Wolfenstein 2. The id Tech 6 engine shares a clutch of technologies also found in Frostbite, designed to maximise the visual return on all systems while targeting 60 frames per second action. First amongst them is dynamic resolution scaling, where both Wolfenstein 2 and Battlefront 2 adjust pixel-counts on the fly in order to sustain performance. PS4 Pro tops out at 2560x1440 on both titles, while Xbox One X pushes further - much further - delivering a maximum of 3840x2160, or full-fat 4K. That's a 2.25x increase in pixel-count, a surprising uplift bearing in mind the respective specs of the two systems.

So what they are saying is, the xbox 1 X is a 4k 60 capable machine right?

...a console can be 4k/60fps capable...but that doesn't mean it can consistently pull that off...both mid gen consoles are 4k/60fps capable...especially native 4k/60fps...

"adjust pixel-counts on the fly in order to sustain performance"...a something that both consoles do...just as described here...

All in all, the Xbox One X will definitely be the most powerful console on sale come Christmas. Question is, will it close the gap with Sony’s PS4 and PS4 Pro? Like Sony’s top console, the Xbox One X is not quite powerful enough to deliver 4K / 60fps on every title, so expect to see a bit of adjustment and crosshatch rendering to close the gap.

Not a bad thing...but it is a thing...and the similarities as both consoles use the same procedure is displayed yet again...
Q: "I presume there will never be an Xbox One sold without it...Would that be correct?"

User Info: krazykiwikid

krazykiwikid
3 weeks ago#6
krazykiwikid posted...
quincy2000a posted...
Significant resolution boosts
If you wish to make a topic about Xbox One then do so. What happens with the PlayStation has nothing to do with Xbox - Gamefaqs moderator

agentspoon
3 weeks ago#7
You mean like how the XB1 and PS4 are both capable of doing 1080p but neither consistently pull it off?

I seem to remember you making a huge deal about...what was it? Oh yes, a "blurry 720p" on XB1 but I dont see you even mentioning the massive gap between PRO and X1X.
HOLY ****! What is this? Forged in Gods very flames! Do mine eyes tell me lies? A new Elder Scrolls game?

quincy2000a
3 weeks ago#8
agentspoon posted...
You mean like how the XB1 and PS4 are both capable of doing 1080p but neither consistently pull it off?

I seem to remember you making a huge deal about...what was it? Oh yes, a "blurry 720p" on XB1 but I dont see you even mentioning the massive gap between PRO and X1X.

See the post directly above you and read the quote in English...if you have any comprehension skills, I think that should take care of it for you...

That quote covers the technical side of the mid gen console situation to a T...leaving only the cost issue untouched...

agentspoon
3 weeks ago#9
No, you simply quoted the article word for word, you didn't give your own opinion of it like you did during many of your Battlefront I topics.

Try again.

User Info: Discharged19DCS

Discharged19DCS
3 weeks ago#10
4 years of his life down the s***ter.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Digital Foundry: Star Wars Battlefront 2: Frostbite stress-tested on Xbox One X

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived