Digital Foundry: Star Wars Battlefront 2: Frostbite stress-tested on Xbox One X

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Digital Foundry: Star Wars Battlefront 2: Frostbite stress-tested on Xbox One X

User Info: kingpin66636

kingpin66636
3 weeks ago#11
Sorry, I don't speak flip flop, can anyone confirm what's the best console for this game?
I am not but my shadow, though my shadow be not shadow, but myself. - The fool

User Info: agentspoon

agentspoon
3 weeks ago#12
@kingpin66636

The X1X by a "significant" amount.
HOLY ****! What is this? Forged in Gods very flames! Do mine eyes tell me lies? A new Elder Scrolls game?
Time is nigh, I must fly, Venture forth on my quest!

User Info: BestinTheThread

BestinTheThread
3 weeks ago#13
kingpin66636 posted...
Sorry, I don't speak flip flop, can anyone confirm what's the best console for this game?

Xbox one X pal. By a considerable amount apparently.
RG with 4 L's is a psychopath... Straight up.

User Info: RetroGamerX

RetroGamerX
3 weeks ago#14
ps4 pro tops out at 1440p lmao.. TC You have achieved nothing with this flopic other than highlight the massive difference between the mighty X and inferior pro.. again. Thanks for showing i made the right choice in X1X though, beast of a machine.
Sold my PS4 for the almighty 'X'
"Xbox One X is the console for your 4K screen" source: Digital Foundry

User Info: abbeldydoo

abbeldydoo
3 weeks ago#15
kingpin66636 posted...

X is your answer for every question about what the best console to play a multiplat for.
Gamefaqs.You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious

User Info: Cubby

Cubby
3 weeks ago#16
While both experience dips in resolution, The PS4 maxes out at 1440p, and dips do to dynamic resolution to 1296p, Meanwhile the ONE X while suffering from the same problem lowers down to 1800p all the way up to 2160p, and almost passes as Native 4K. It's a significant difference. More details etc. Better Resolve across a lot of elements, better reflections etc. The only thing bad is a transition time of a few seconds where things at a distance can look worse than the Pro, but this is only for a couple of seconds, other than that it runs as good as the PS4 Pro, just looking better in every way.

However, I like how the reviewer down plays it though.
When you get called a Pony, Xbot, and Nintendrone in a single day. Your a true gamer.

User Info: quincy2000a

quincy2000a
3 weeks ago#17
RetroGamerX posted...
ps4 pro tops out at 1440p lmao.. TC You have achieved nothing with this flopic other than highlight the massive difference between the mighty X and inferior pro.. again. Thanks for showing i made the right choice in X1X though, beast of a machine.

What I achieved was pointing out how a console that costs $100 to about $200 more....was developed a year longer...and that was released a year later fits so snugly into this quote...so succinct in its messaging ...to those who understand what is being said...it answers so many questions....

All in all, the Xbox One X will definitely be the most powerful console on sale come Christmas. Question is, will it close the gap with Sony’s PS4 and PS4 Pro? Like Sony’s top console, the Xbox One X is not quite powerful enough to deliver 4K / 60fps on every title, so expect to see a bit of adjustment and crosshatch rendering to close the gap.
Q: "I presume there will never be an Xbox One sold without it...Would that be correct?"
A: "Correct. Xbox One is Kinect." Microsoft VP

User Info: RetroGamerX

RetroGamerX
3 weeks ago#18
nope you definitely highlighted the MASSIVE difference between the mighty X and inferior pro and thats all you will ever do lol thanks again though
Sold my PS4 for the almighty 'X'
"Xbox One X is the console for your 4K screen" source: Digital Foundry

User Info: agentspoon

agentspoon
3 weeks ago#19
@quincy2000a

Stop f***ing lying, for the final time. Show me where the X1X is two hundred American dollars more than the Pro that is also in American dollars.

I am directly calling you out, either prove it here and now or forever be wrong.

I also notice that you have changed the goalposts again, instead of it being a "year extra of dev time" its now " released a year later"

Flip f***ing flop!

@RonBurgundy929
@RetroGamerX
@The_Hedon
@Xbox4ever
@xboxBUNZILLA
@Discharged19DCS

Witness.
HOLY ****! What is this? Forged in Gods very flames! Do mine eyes tell me lies? A new Elder Scrolls game?
Time is nigh, I must fly, Venture forth on my quest!

User Info: kingpin66636

kingpin66636
3 weeks ago#20
agentspoon posted...
@quincy2000a

Stop f***ing lying, for the final time. Show me where the X1X is two hundred American dollars more than the Pro that is also in American dollars.

I am directly calling you out, either prove it here and now or forever be wrong.

I also notice that you have changed the goalposts again, instead of it being a "year extra of dev time" its now " released a year later"

Flip f***ing flop!

@RonBurgundy929
@RetroGamerX
@The_Hedon
@Xbox4ever
@xboxBUNZILLA
@Discharged19DCS

Witness.
honestly do you think he can do basic math? I doubt it
I am not but my shadow, though my shadow be not shadow, but myself. - The fool
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Digital Foundry: Star Wars Battlefront 2: Frostbite stress-tested on Xbox One X

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived