Digital Foundry: Star Wars Battlefront 2: Frostbite stress-tested on Xbox One X

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Digital Foundry: Star Wars Battlefront 2: Frostbite stress-tested on Xbox One X

User Info: brubie

brubie
3 weeks ago#181
Pizzatarian posted...
brubie posted...
so ps4 pro only does 3,686,400 pixelswhile xb1 x does 8,294,400 pixels

For this game, yes, that is their respective max resolutions; however, they both dip below those at times though.

but in the DF videos i've seen they seem to always mention that xb1x lower bound resolution is still way more pixels than ps4p max resolution. seems crazy if true.

User Info: ColorBlindGamer

ColorBlindGamer
3 weeks ago#182
Discharged19DCS posted...
As has been proven by the numerous times he has been caught using multiple alt accounts, everyone ignor8ng him wouldn’t matter. He would just create more and more alts.

He’s a psychopath, a homophobe, a misogynist and someone with serious loneliness issues.

Is this true Tc? If it is it makes sense why he's so angry and keeps flip flopping in lies. What a way to live.
Nothing comes out as you plan it out to be.

User Info: Pizzatarian

Pizzatarian
3 weeks ago#183
brubie posted...
Pizzatarian posted...
brubie posted...
so ps4 pro only does 3,686,400 pixelswhile xb1 x does 8,294,400 pixels

For this game, yes, that is their respective max resolutions; however, they both dip below those at times though.

but in the DF videos i've seen they seem to always mention that xb1x lower bound resolution is still way more pixels than ps4p max resolution. seems crazy if true.

According to Digital Foundry, this game runs between 1296p and 1440p on the Pro, and 1800p and 2160p on the One X.

I'm not going to say that's the case for all games because different developers use different engines and techniques.

For example this game uses the Frostbite engine and a dynamic resolution to scale the resolution if / when needed.

Another studio could do checkerboarded 4K on both consoles.
"When you work with your hands you'll never be rich but you'll never go hungry." SR3

User Info: krazykiwikid

krazykiwikid
3 weeks ago#184
Pizzatarian posted...
this game runs between 1296p and 1440p on the Pro, and 1800p and 2160p on the One X.

Wait wait wait. So the HIGHEST of the PP resolution is LOWER than the LOWEST of the Xbox One X resolution?!?! OSH GOSH BAGOSH!!! Jesus christ that's amazing. It's like the Xbox One X is charging through the ocean while the PP is left way back floundering in the water struggling to catch a breath. Hashtag.
If you wish to make a topic about Xbox One then do so. What happens with the PlayStation has nothing to do with Xbox - Gamefaqs moderator

User Info: The_Hedon

The_Hedon
3 weeks ago#185
krazykiwikid posted...
Pizzatarian posted...
this game runs between 1296p and 1440p on the Pro, and 1800p and 2160p on the One X.

Wait wait wait. So the HIGHEST of the PP resolution is LOWER than the LOWEST of the Xbox One X resolution?!?! OSH GOSH BAGOSH!!! Jesus christ that's amazing. It's like the Xbox One X is charging through the ocean while the PP is left way back floundering in the water struggling to catch a breath. Hashtag.

https://i.imgur.com/3RGhgZI.jpg
Sony: "Killzone runs at native 1080p and 60 fps"
DF: "KZ uses a processing method that blends 960 x 1080 images together."

User Info: agentspoon

agentspoon
3 weeks ago#186
https://imgur.com/WH998s2
HOLY ****! What is this? Forged in Gods very flames! Do mine eyes tell me lies? A new Elder Scrolls game?
Time is nigh, I must fly, Venture forth on my quest!

User Info: Splooie

Splooie
3 weeks ago#187
quincy2000a posted...
Being a multiconsole owner, all one of them has to do is outperform the other on a multiplat.

That's how I determine which one to buy.

No moved goalposts for me--whichever one outperforms the other wins

User Info: kingpin66636

kingpin66636
3 weeks ago#188
Splooie posted...
quincy2000a posted...
Being a multiconsole owner, all one of them has to do is outperform the other on a multiplat.

That's how I determine which one to buy.

No moved goalposts for me--whichever one outperforms the other wins
just another lie from Quincy
I am not but my shadow, though my shadow be not shadow, but myself. - The fool
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Digital Foundry: Star Wars Battlefront 2: Frostbite stress-tested on Xbox One X

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived