Digital Foundry: Star Wars Battlefront 2: Frostbite stress-tested on Xbox One X

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Digital Foundry: Star Wars Battlefront 2: Frostbite stress-tested on Xbox One X

User Info: AndyJoe89

AndyJoe89
3 weeks ago#31
I like how quincy keeps using the same quote as a counter-argument even though the quote has nothing to do with said argument.
GameFAQs: The gaming community that hates gaming.

User Info: Darth Stalin

Darth Stalin
3 weeks ago#32
Splooie posted...
quincy2000a posted...
Being a multiconsole owner, all one of them has to do is outperform the other on a multiplat.

That's how I determine which one to buy.

No moved goalposts for me--whichever one outperforms the other wins.

What happened to this, cueboy?

Damn Q, he got you there
XBL Tag- Cruxis Mithos |Steam, PSN & NNID- Cruxis_Mithos
Xbox One X | PS4 Pro | Nintendo Switch | PC | Xbox 360 | PS3 | Wii U | N3DS XL | PS Vita

User Info: caliguy1971

caliguy1971
3 weeks ago#33
His life IS this board.
Check it out: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/gentopic.php?board=2000325
"Xbox One is the console for your 4K screen." source: DF

User Info: Pizzatarian

Pizzatarian
3 weeks ago#34
quincy2000a posted...
...a console can be 4k/60fps capable...but that doesn't mean it can consistently pull that off...both mid gen consoles are 4k/60fps capable...especially native 4k/60fps...

"adjust pixel-counts on the fly in order to sustain performance"...a something that both consoles do...just as described here...

All in all, the Xbox One X will definitely be the most powerful console on sale come Christmas. Question is, will it close the gap with Sony’s PS4 and PS4 Pro? Like Sony’s top console, the Xbox One X is not quite powerful enough to deliver 4K / 60fps on every title, so expect to see a bit of adjustment and crosshatch rendering to close the gap.

Not a bad thing...but it is a thing...and the similarities as both consoles use the same procedure is displayed yet again...

2 years ago:

quincy2000a posted...
I've got both betas on my PS4 and X1.

If you can't tell the difference "unless it's pointed out to you," there is something wrong with your eyesight.

The blur is evident when you try to pop someone at a distance.

It's unmistakable on the X1 and does not occur on the PS4.

But keep trying to mislead people.

When titles and comments like this keep popping up online--

"Star Wars: Battlefront Runs At 900p Resolution on PS4, a Blurry 720p on Xbox One"

"Star Wars Battlefront Beta" because the latter has a much lower resolution than the former. While the PS4 runs at 900p, the Xbox One has a meager resolution of 720p."

it's pretty obvious that the differences are present--if you've got decent eyesight.
https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/72635946

Goes from highlighting differences between the Xbox One and PS4 to pointing out how the Pro and One X are similar.
"When you work with your hands you'll never be rich but you'll never go hungry." SR3

User Info: RonBurgundy929

RonBurgundy929
3 weeks ago#35
Ruined.
Xbox One X & PS4 Pro: RonBurgundy929

User Info: Skynet82997

Skynet82997
3 weeks ago#36
Good God, Queency is being battered to a pulp in every topic he posts, and even in those he doesn't.

I'd almost feel sorry for him if he hadn't been such an insufferable jerk 4 years running.

Reap what you sow baby!!
I'm a fan of games, not systems.

User Info: dweeeeb2

dweeeeb2
3 weeks ago#37
Damn b****slapped back to the other boat
The X is a love letter to the core gamer - DF Xbox X review

User Info: dweeeeb2

dweeeeb2
3 weeks ago#38
can we pin this?
The X is a love letter to the core gamer - DF Xbox X review

User Info: MetalZoic

MetalZoic
3 weeks ago#39
Pizzatarian posted...
quincy2000a posted...
...a console can be 4k/60fps capable...but that doesn't mean it can consistently pull that off...both mid gen consoles are 4k/60fps capable...especially native 4k/60fps...

"adjust pixel-counts on the fly in order to sustain performance"...a something that both consoles do...just as described here...

All in all, the Xbox One X will definitely be the most powerful console on sale come Christmas. Question is, will it close the gap with Sony’s PS4 and PS4 Pro? Like Sony’s top console, the Xbox One X is not quite powerful enough to deliver 4K / 60fps on every title, so expect to see a bit of adjustment and crosshatch rendering to close the gap.

Not a bad thing...but it is a thing...and the similarities as both consoles use the same procedure is displayed yet again...

2 years ago:

quincy2000a posted...
I've got both betas on my PS4 and X1.

If you can't tell the difference "unless it's pointed out to you," there is something wrong with your eyesight.

The blur is evident when you try to pop someone at a distance.

It's unmistakable on the X1 and does not occur on the PS4.

But keep trying to mislead people.

When titles and comments like this keep popping up online--

"Star Wars: Battlefront Runs At 900p Resolution on PS4, a Blurry 720p on Xbox One"

"Star Wars Battlefront Beta" because the latter has a much lower resolution than the former. While the PS4 runs at 900p, the Xbox One has a meager resolution of 720p."

it's pretty obvious that the differences are present--if you've got decent eyesight.
https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/72635946

Goes from highlighting differences between the Xbox One and PS4 to pointing out how the Pro and One X are similar.

Because he's an idiot. He just posts articles to stir up trouble and his arguments generally show that he isn't very clear on the technology aspect at all.

User Info: ilovecarebears

ilovecarebears
3 weeks ago#40
I'm stuck buying this for Playstation cause that's where all my friends are. Oh well
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Digital Foundry: Star Wars Battlefront 2: Frostbite stress-tested on Xbox One X

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived