Digital Foundry: Star Wars Battlefront 2: Frostbite stress-tested on Xbox One X

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Digital Foundry: Star Wars Battlefront 2: Frostbite stress-tested on Xbox One X

User Info: BigOW

BigOW
3 weeks ago#71
Splooie posted...
agentspoon posted...
Quincy still cant answer the question.

Because he pulled that info from his ass.

$100=almost $200

-quincy

Maybe he means it’s $200 more then the slim? guess we will find out next week when the ps4slim drops to the fire sale price of $199

User Info: krazykiwikid

krazykiwikid
3 weeks ago#72
agentspoon posted...
agentspoon posted...
@quincy2000a

Stop f***ing lying, for the final time. Show me where the X1X is two hundred American dollars more than the Pro that is also in American dollars.

I am directly calling you out, either prove it here and now or forever be wrong.

Isn't giving false/misleading information a TOS violation of this board?

Lol at how Quincy won't answer the question but gets mad that it wasn't the final time you asked it.
If you wish to make a topic about Xbox One then do so. What happens with the PlayStation has nothing to do with Xbox - Gamefaqs moderator

User Info: Talon684

Talon684
3 weeks ago#73
krazykiwikid posted...
agentspoon posted...
agentspoon posted...
@quincy2000a

Stop f***ing lying, for the final time. Show me where the X1X is two hundred American dollars more than the Pro that is also in American dollars.

I am directly calling you out, either prove it here and now or forever be wrong.
I was dying of thirst, but now I have been rehydrated by the tears of people like this Cliffy B

User Info: quincy2000a

quincy2000a
3 weeks ago#74
Comparing Star Wars Battlefront II On The Xbox One X, PS4 Pro And PC
https://www.forbes.com/sites/kevinmurnane/2017/11/19/comparing-star-wars-battlefront-ii-on-the-xbox-one-x-ps4-pro-and-pc/#14ea94795ae3 e:ra

All in all, the Xbox One X will definitely be the most powerful console on sale come Christmas. Question is, will it close the gap with Sony’s PS4 and PS4 Pro? Like Sony’s top console, the Xbox One X is not quite powerful enough to deliver 4K / 60fps on every title, so expect to see a bit of adjustment and crosshatch rendering to close the gap.
Q: "I presume there will never be an Xbox One sold without it...Would that be correct?"
A: "Correct. Xbox One is Kinect." Microsoft VP

User Info: agentspoon

agentspoon
3 weeks ago#75
Pack it up guys, he has nothing. It's inhumane to stay and watch something struggle in its last moments.
HOLY ****! What is this? Forged in Gods very flames! Do mine eyes tell me lies? A new Elder Scrolls game?
Time is nigh, I must fly, Venture forth on my quest!

User Info: Discharged19DCS

Discharged19DCS
3 weeks ago#76
More and more meltdowns every day for this psychotic homophobic pathalogical liar.

User Info: agentspoon

agentspoon
3 weeks ago#77
@quincy2000a

Show us the quote where Phil Spencer said that the X1X would be 4K/60fps all the time.

That should keep him away for a while.
HOLY ****! What is this? Forged in Gods very flames! Do mine eyes tell me lies? A new Elder Scrolls game?
Time is nigh, I must fly, Venture forth on my quest!

User Info: Grenadus

Grenadus
3 weeks ago#78
quincy2000a posted...
https://www.forbes.com/sites/kevinmurnane/2017/11/19/comparing-star-wars-battlefront-ii-on-the-xbox-one-x-ps4-pro-and-pc/#14ea94795ae3 e:ra

All in all, the Xbox One X will definitely be the most powerful console on sale come Christmas. Question is, will it close the gap with Sony’s PS4 and PS4 Pro? Like Sony’s top console, the Xbox One X is not quite powerful enough to deliver 4K / 60fps on every title, so expect to see a bit of adjustment and crosshatch rendering to close the gap.

The Pro caps resolution at 2560 x 1440 which is substantially below the One X which maxes out at full 4K (3840 x 2160). When both consoles are at their best, the One X is putting 2.25 times as many pixels on the screen as the Pro. This produces a markedly sharper, crisper and clearer image.

What happens when resolution is reduced to preserve frame rate? Digital Foundry reported that resolution dropped as low as 1296p on the Pro and 1800p on the One X. Clearly, the One X puts a better picture on the screen.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2015/03/02/nielsen-poll-says-buyers-chose-ps4-over-xbox-one-due-to-resolution-differences/#39c5879446d3

You've linked this many times in the past now that the roles are reversed the Xbox One X puts out a better resolution. It hits the 4K mark more UNLIKE The PS4 Pro. #differentboat

I don't know what else you were expecting from a mid generation upgrade from the base models. These aren't 9th gen consoles they're going to be restricted using the same AMD Jaguar CPU in order to be aligned in their respective family of consoles. Xbox One X has proved time and time again to provide over double the resolution of the PS4 Pro. You have no real reason to complain about the hardware as it's currently the most powerful console out right now and is currently hitting high/ultra settings of PC according to Digital Foundry. The same argument of "like Sony's console" could be made for base Xbox One & PS4. Xbox One X delivers on more 4K games but obviously won't hit it all the time Microsoft never stated that you have moved your goalposts from a better resolution to must be native 4K and 60fps with every game. Make up your mind Quincy or build a gaming PC.

User Info: triple s

triple s
3 weeks ago#79
quincy2000a posted...

Are you like android that is malfunctioning?
GT:Triple S 06 PSN: TripleS24
Steam ID:triples22

User Info: Critter_crew

Critter_crew
3 weeks ago#80
quincy2000a posted...
Being a multiconsole owner, all one of them has to do is outperform the other on a multiplat.

That's how I determine which one to buy.

No moved goalposts for me--whichever one outperforms the other wins.

No moved goalposts. I think what we’re seeing is akin to changing sports at half time. Like first half playing football (soccer) but now for the second half deciding to play rugby instead. The goal posts haven’t moved but q seems to think if he boots the ball over the top rather than in the net, he might still score some points. Sadly for him, everyone is still playing football.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Digital Foundry: Star Wars Battlefront 2: Frostbite stress-tested on Xbox One X

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived