Xbox 1 Internet dumb slow

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Xbox 1 Internet dumb slow

User Info: Trustparticles

Trustparticles
3 weeks ago#1
Hi there. The past week has made me want to punch a hole in a wall. Every time i try to play a game on Xbox, my internet is wayy too slow. On siege, i have a good Ping, then it goes up to like 8000, before getting kicked. If i try to rejoin a ranked game, it happens again. Extremely frustrating. On GTA it’s lagging like crazy too. Even freaking party chat disconnects and stops working. This only recently started. I’ve tried to restart router, Xbox, and NO, wired connection is not an option. Please help!

User Info: MetalZoic

MetalZoic
3 weeks ago#2
Did you have your previous xbox setup with its own specific port-forwading, static address, dmz etc... rules that could be conflicting with the new one?

That's the first thing I'd check. I'd recommend getting rid of any of that and turn UPnP on instead as it's the best way to open your Nat across systems without fiddling with anything.
Here. Read through all of this.
https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/3z3at4/how_to_achieving_an_open_nat_guide/

User Info: Trustparticles

Trustparticles
2 weeks ago#3
MetalZoic posted...
Did you have your previous xbox setup with its own specific port-forwading, static address, dmz etc... rules that could be conflicting with the new one?

That's the first thing I'd check. I'd recommend getting rid of any of that and turn UPnP on instead as it's the best way to open your Nat across systems without fiddling with anything.
Here. Read through all of this.
https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/3z3at4/how_to_achieving_an_open_nat_guide/

What previous xbox setup?

User Info: MetalZoic

MetalZoic
2 weeks ago#4
For some reason I read that as happening after upgrading to an X

User Info: helIy

helIy
2 weeks ago#5
your internet sucks.

que "everything else works fine so it cant be that."

well it is.
"Dogs smell like they've had too much fun and need a bath
Cats smell like espionage
" - Mead
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Xbox 1 Internet dumb slow

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived