Why is Call Of Duty still leading the FPS market

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Why is Call Of Duty still leading the FPS market

User Info: seiki

seiki
3 weeks ago#1
It’s odd and unacceptable that a constantly rehashed product and straight up simple based first person shooter is still consistantly delivering mass amount of sales records whilst almost changing absolutely nothing yet still leading in it's market whilst systematically destroying other games requiring skill and offering like Halo (well not Halo 5 as much since its CODified) and Counter-Strike – especially in a game that’s mostly based on online play since this isn’t exactly Activision’s first rodeo. They’ve been s***tering records and serving millions online for well over a decade with Call of Duty releases. On the other hand, the game did double last year’s in sales so there’s more activity to service. f*** THAT
ResetERA: seiki

User Info: AltiarLio

AltiarLio
3 weeks ago#2
While the core gameplay has always remained the same, each entry is far different than one that has come from before.

People love call of duty because despite what the minority think, every game is incredibly well made and content rich.
GT & Steam: Tyron3L1o. PSN: TyroneLio.
I enjoy video games and shoes, mainly shoes.

User Info: superwesker

superwesker
3 weeks ago#3
AltiarLio posted...
While the core gameplay has always remained the same, each entry is far different than one that has come from before.

People love call of duty because despite what the minority think, every game is incredibly well made and content rich.

Absolutely this. It also hits the market at the right time each year like a big blockbuster movie you want to see.
Streets of rage remake is hands down the greatest game ever made..GT: crazydaygo

User Info: InhumaneRaider

InhumaneRaider
3 weeks ago#4
This conversation comes up every year and I really don't know why we bother anymore. I think it's because you can't truly diminish a fanbase...but we'll never know the reason.

You know something? Activision and whoever, are bunch of f***ing liars. Does anyone remember the changes that they made to the beta when they asked for our feedback? "Bring Domination up from 50 points to 100." "Fast Hands" etc? Then they reverted those changes when the full game dropped? Birdman said it perfectly; they only made the changes because they didn't have our money in their pockets. This company lied to us, just to get our money in their pockets. Activision needs to come under fire just like EA. I understand it's for different reason; but still.
Playing: AC: Origins, SFV, Star Wars Battlefront 2 and Sims 4.
"My legs ain't scrawny, they're proportional."

User Info: NSGraphite

NSGraphite
3 weeks ago#5
FPSers are all the same. May as well just stick with one.
My last signature got erased, so I put this here instead.

User Info: flame030191

flame030191
3 weeks ago#6
InhumaneRaider posted...
This conversation comes up every year and I really don't know why we bother anymore. I think it's because you can't truly diminish a fanbase...but we'll never know the reason.

You know something? Activision and whoever, are bunch of f***ing liars. Does anyone remember the changes that they made to the beta when they asked for our feedback? "Bring Domination up from 50 points to 100." "Fast Hands" etc? Then they reverted those changes when the full game dropped? Birdman said it perfectly; they only made the changes because they didn't have our money in their pockets. This company lied to us, just to get our money in their pockets. Activision needs to come under fire just like EA. I understand it's for different reason; but still.

The difference I’ve noticed is ATVI gets away with their crap because they implement it slowly over the year. For example, BO3 was first announced to have no Supply Drops, a statement they carried with them until the literal day of release, after many leaked copies showed the Black Market with Supply Drops existed. Then they said “yes it’s here, but it’s all cosmetic and no weapons will be available”. Then they added melee weapons a month later promising they acted just like a combat knife despite many videos showing they each had different speeds of killing as well as lunge ranges. Two months later they added exclusive weapons to the game promising they weren’t any better than base weapons. Come later and we now have the best SMG and one of the best AR’s, LMG’s and sniper rifles locked behind Supply Drops. A small outcry came out, but nothing major and it was not only swept under the rug by those who spoke out against them, they’ve also got plenty of people defending the Supply Drops in that game to this day.

EA, on the other hand, almost immediately talked about star cards and how they’re in their loot boxes, more or less warning people of them. They were in the beta and tweaked upon release, as well as being tweaked again now while they took out microtransactions to fix them. But they’re being condemned and BF2, an otherwise actually great game, is being regarded as among the worst games made because of this fiasco.

In other words, I’d assume if EA eased players into the BS over time in each game like ATVI does, maybe EA wouldn’t receive so much flak.
Forgive me for I am a noob. I know not what I do.

User Info: BigLongDowner

BigLongDowner
3 weeks ago#7
NSGraphite posted...

Ehhh... Doom, Wolfenstein and Titanfall 2 I find to be far superior.
GT - Typ3 O Negativ3
PSN - BigLongDowner

User Info: agentspoon

agentspoon
3 weeks ago#8
Make a better game then...
HOLY ****! What is this? Forged in Gods very flames! Do mine eyes tell me lies? A new Elder Scrolls game?
Time is nigh, I must fly, Venture forth on my quest!

User Info: Jamin

Jamin
3 weeks ago#9
NSGraphite posted...

I completely disagree. Halo is incredibly different than Call of Duty, and Call of Duty is incredibly different to Rainbow Six.
"You don't even exist, Sam. You won't get a medal for this."
"Medals don't help me sleep at night, Lambert."

User Info: DiztruxionUk

DiztruxionUk
3 weeks ago#10
I think it's a few things. Everyone buys it so you know the online is gonna be populated constantly, even after the next one releases. And the fact it's got many modes. I buy them purely for Zombies, whereas some buy them purely for Multiplayer.
Now playing - Nier Automata, Bloodborne, Forza 7, PUBG, Yakuza 0, Project cars 2.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Why is Call Of Duty still leading the FPS market

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived