Why is Call Of Duty still leading the FPS market

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Why is Call Of Duty still leading the FPS market

User Info: ChiefStabaHoe

ChiefStabaHoe
3 weeks ago#91
newsuperdude posted...
ChiefStabaHoe posted...
DirkMcGurkin posted...
seiki posted...
It is exactly the same, those changes aren't avid and mean NOTHING.

I hope so. I don't buy a FPS because I want to play a 3rd person RPG or survival horror. Like every other FPS in existence you run around in first person and shoot enemies. I'm open to hearing your ideas on how to take a military FPS and make it about something other than soldiers killing other soldiers. I could argue that every sequel to every genre of every game is EXACTLY the same(if using your definition of "exactly".)

Video games are all the same damn thing over and over. We could replace COD in this topic with literally any other game series and sit around complaining about how it's always the same.

Halo

Also, Doom, Overwatch, Wolfenstein, Half Life, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Borderlands, Destiny, I could go on for a long time.

Wait i was saying halo was different or are u agreeing with me lpl
Single player elitist- triggered since 2014

User Info: lunaticcore

lunaticcore
3 weeks ago#92
The idea that COD is the same every year is laughable.

It's a dumb meme created by non-fans that haven't invested any time in the series and only see the surface.
Endless Metroid month.. Samus Returns HYPE... Come watch us playthrough Super Metroid, Zero Mission, AM2R and Metroid Fusion. http://bit.ly/2vlfYbS

User Info: ShELbY_GT500

ShELbY_GT500
3 weeks ago#93
newsuperdude posted...
ChiefStabaHoe posted...
DirkMcGurkin posted...
seiki posted...
It is exactly the same, those changes aren't avid and mean NOTHING.

I hope so. I don't buy a FPS because I want to play a 3rd person RPG or survival horror. Like every other FPS in existence you run around in first person and shoot enemies. I'm open to hearing your ideas on how to take a military FPS and make it about something other than soldiers killing other soldiers. I could argue that every sequel to every genre of every game is EXACTLY the same(if using your definition of "exactly".)

Video games are all the same damn thing over and over. We could replace COD in this topic with literally any other game series and sit around complaining about how it's always the same.

Halo

Also, Doom, Overwatch, Wolfenstein, Half Life, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Borderlands, Destiny, I could go on for a long time.

So by this argument CoD is the shooter that’s actually doing something different.

Also since you’ve been able to name so many alternative shooters, explain why CoD needs to do what those shooters are doing?

Seems me you kids have options yet you still complain about a game for being what it’s supposed to be and what fans expect it to be.
Yeah, well, you know, that's just like, uh, your opinion, man- The Dude

User Info: FlyEaglesFly24

FlyEaglesFly24
3 weeks ago#94
lunaticcore posted...

It's a dumb meme created by non-fans that haven't invested any time in the series and only see the surface.

The only thing laughable is the lengths to which fans of the franchise go to discredit those who do not share their opinions.

By every metric the hay day of the franchise was during modern warfare and mw2 and the franchise has been consistently declining ever since. Black Ops 2 was the last campaign I actually enjoyed, and I can not begin to convey my disappointment with the Kevin Spacey and Jon Snow campaigns I actually finished on the Xbox One.
Not Changing this Signature until the Eagles win the Super Bowl.
-November 21st 2017

User Info: ShELbY_GT500

ShELbY_GT500
3 weeks ago#95
FlyEaglesFly24 posted...
lunaticcore posted...

The only thing laughable is the lengths to which fans of the franchise go to discredit those who do not share their opinions.

By every metric the hay day of the franchise was during modern warfare and mw2 and the franchise has been consistently declining ever since. Black Ops 2 was the last campaign I actually enjoyed, and I can not begin to convey my disappointment with the Kevin Spacey and Jon Snow campaigns I actually finished on the Xbox One.

Your opinion is discredited the moment you complain about one franchise having the same gameplay whilst admitting that you buy yearly Madden. I'd argue that CoD has way more changes than Madden does with its year to year release. And lol, who the f*** buys CoD for the campaign?
Yeah, well, you know, that's just like, uh, your opinion, man- The Dude

User Info: FlyEaglesFly24

FlyEaglesFly24
3 weeks ago#96
ShELbY_GT500 posted...
FlyEaglesFly24 posted...
lunaticcore posted...

Your opinion is discredited the moment you complain about one franchise having the same gameplay whilst admitting that you buy yearly Madden. I'd argue that CoD has way more changes than Madden does with its year to year release. And lol, who the f*** buys CoD for the campaign?

You do realize there is a big difference between football and shooters correct? And for the record, most franchises have more or less the same gameplay year after year. I have no problem with yearly renditions of games, as long as I enjoy them.

More importantly, if the campaign didn’t matter in FPSs then why did first Battlefront get ripped for NOT having a single player campaign? Beyond that, why not just release map packs over and over again as opposed to a whole new 60 I mean 80 dollar game?
Not Changing this Signature until the Eagles win the Super Bowl.
-November 21st 2017

User Info: jon davis

jon davis
3 weeks ago#97
FlyEaglesFly24 posted...
ShELbY_GT500 posted...
FlyEaglesFly24 posted...
lunaticcore posted...

You do realize there is a big difference between football and shooters correct? And for the record, most franchises have more or less the same gameplay year after year. I have no problem with yearly renditions of games, as long as I enjoy them.

More importantly, if the campaign didn’t matter in FPSs then why did first Battlefront get ripped for NOT having a single player campaign? Beyond that, why not just release map packs over and over again as opposed to a whole new 60 I mean 80 dollar game?

Why not release roster updates for Madden each year, rather than an entire £50 game?
Strength is the only thing that matters in this world, everything else is just a delusion for the weak.

User Info: flame030191

flame030191
3 weeks ago#98
FlyEaglesFly24 posted...
ShELbY_GT500 posted...
FlyEaglesFly24 posted...
lunaticcore posted...

So in other words, it’s okay for games like Madden to retain almost entirely the same gameplay mechanics with each entry because you enjoy the games, but COD must change theirs and fans need to stop defending the games because you don’t enjoy it?

I’m not a Souls fan, I actually find them to be too slow paced and clunky feeling to enjoy. I’m not going to go demand that From Software changes what is working for them because I don’t enjoy it and I’m definitely not going to tell their fans that they’re wrong for enjoying it, I’m just going to go play games that I do enjoy more.

That’s the beauty of gaming, there’s a bit of something for everyone. If you don’t like something, that doesn’t mean the fans and devs must change it for you, it just means it’s not for you and that you should probably play something else you’d enjoy more.
Forgive me for I am a noob. I know not what I do.

User Info: DirkMcGurkin

DirkMcGurkin
3 weeks ago#99
flame030191 posted...
FlyEaglesFly24 posted...
ShELbY_GT500 posted...
FlyEaglesFly24 posted...
lunaticcore posted...

So in other words, it’s okay for games like Madden to retain almost entirely the same gameplay mechanics with each entry because you enjoy the games, but COD must change theirs and fans need to stop defending the games because you don’t enjoy it?

I’m not a Souls fan, I actually find them to be too slow paced and clunky feeling to enjoy. I’m not going to go demand that From Software changes what is working for them because I don’t enjoy it and I’m definitely not going to tell their fans that they’re wrong for enjoying it, I’m just going to go play games that I do enjoy more.

That’s the beauty of gaming, there’s a bit of something for everyone. If you don’t like something, that doesn’t mean the fans and devs must change it for you, it just means it’s not for you and that you should probably play something else you’d enjoy more.

Well said and right on!
Gamertag: Dirk McGurkin

User Info: DirkMcGurkin

DirkMcGurkin
3 weeks ago#100
@seiki posted...
Not only is this series responsible for the demise of some brand new FPS ideas because of it's success.

Could I have a list of those "brand new FPS ideas" that met their demise because of CoD? I wasn't aware of these and now I'm curious.
Gamertag: Dirk McGurkin
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Why is Call Of Duty still leading the FPS market

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived