Microsoft recommends not to use a surge protector on Xbox One X

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Microsoft recommends not to use a surge protector on Xbox One X

User Info: GTAcrazy

GTAcrazy
3 weeks ago#61
SuperHoneyBunny posted...
Mine is plugged into a surge protector. That's I'm a badass and give no f's.

So is mine.
I don't have enough outlets to plug everything directly.
GamerTag: Major Sousa

User Info: GTAcrazy

GTAcrazy
3 weeks ago#62
What exactly counts as a surge protector?
I have a power strip with a fuse and a light up switch at the end.
Does that count?
Aren't all power strip like that?
GamerTag: Major Sousa

User Info: sammogard

sammogard
3 weeks ago#63
Does it effect performance if it's plugged into a surge protector

User Info: SpacedDuck

SpacedDuck
3 weeks ago#64
So I'm confused.

I used my original XBOX One, my XBOX ONE S and for the last few weeks my XBOX ONE X with a surge protector.

I've never had any issues with any of the consoles turning on or shutting down and the surge protector I use is a higher end one not some cheap power strip from Wal Mart.

Am I okay to continue using the XBOX ONE X this way because it seems ridiculous to plug it into the wall and then if a surge occurs possibly have my TV/Receiver and several other devices all connected to that receiver get fried all because Microsoft is stupid.

Unless of course Microsoft is going to pay to replace all of those devices whichI already know what the response will be.

Keep/Kept the Faith! Forever a member of Red Sox Nation!

User Info: Bobby_Boulders

Bobby_Boulders
3 weeks ago#65
The power flickered at my house once and fried my original Xbox One. I did not have it plugged up to a surge protector, but my new console is definitely plugged into one.
XBL - Boulders 3030

User Info: AndyJoe89

AndyJoe89
3 weeks ago#66
SpacedDuck posted...
So I'm confused.

I used my original XBOX One, my XBOX ONE S and for the last few weeks my XBOX ONE X with a surge protector.

I've never had any issues with any of the consoles turning on or shutting down and the surge protector I use is a higher end one not some cheap power strip from Wal Mart.

Am I okay to continue using the XBOX ONE X this way because it seems ridiculous to plug it into the wall and then if a surge occurs possibly have my TV/Receiver and several other devices all connected to that receiver get fried all because Microsoft is stupid.

Unless of course Microsoft is going to pay to replace all of those devices whichI already know what the response will be.

I think it's more of a precaution on Microsoft's part because something could potentially happen. Even though I've known about it, I've had mine plug into a power strip for years with no problems. You should be fine.
GameFAQs: The gaming community that hates gaming.

User Info: Pizzatarian

Pizzatarian
3 weeks ago#67
Wonder why he hasn't posted this one yet:

http://gearnuke.com/xbox-one-x-bricking-faulty-hardware/

I'm going to assume it's because he read the title; not the article.

If he read this one, then he would have seen this:

If you have purchased an Xbox One X and it is not powering on, or randomly shutting off when playing games, it is possible that you might have a faulty power cable for the console, or that you have to plug it directly instead of using something like a surge protector. Microsoft also recommends to utilize this method in case your console has issue getting turned off or shutting down.

That one was posted November 11th, which is 8 days before the one Quincy linked to.
"When you work with your hands you'll never be rich but you'll never go hungry." SR3

User Info: djwagon

djwagon
3 weeks ago#68
the real problem here is everyone following ms word .did ms buy the system for you.did they buy your internet .sorry but if i an buying anything worth some money it getting a batteryback-up surge protector hooked up to it.i personally do not care what some company tell me i should not do with my money .if i listen to them i would not be buying thier systems or anything from them.if i have to send in anything for repair i never used a surge protector
Gamefaqs. the place were grammar/english/typing is more important then talking about video games .people attack me for that reason PRICELESS. ok by OTACON120

User Info: MRL3G3ND

MRL3G3ND
3 weeks ago#69
I bet they do...lol so when a SURGE fries your xbox...you have to go get a new one $$$$$$$
The Beauty of Fallout 4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXWI8jil6mg
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Microsoft recommends not to use a surge protector on Xbox One X

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived