Which TV Set? (Sony 900E vs LG B7A 65 Inch)

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Which TV Set? (Sony 900E vs LG B7A 65 Inch)

User Info: InfernalRage

InfernalRage
3 weeks ago#11
Thanks for the responses everyone. Gonna sleep on it and make my decision in the morning. Between upgrading my Xbox one to an X, getting a new receiver, and a TV (likely all in this one order) - going to be a really expensive nice Christmas gift to myself.

I figure I quit smoking 11 months ago, so instead of my money going to the tobacco company, just re-routing on electronics :)
"Those who do not appreciate life.... do not deserve life." ----- John Kramer, Jigsaw

User Info: Masamune_6969

Masamune_6969
3 weeks ago#12
fallange posted...
Go for the Sony. I bought it last week and couldn’t be happier.
The consensus seems to be thatbit is the better tv.
Also, it’s already on sale at Best Buy.

This, the Sony is the better tv.

However, if you can swing the extra for the X930E, it's totally worth it because it's a noticeably large upgrade over the 900E. Dolby Vision coming to the 930 and much higher nits for better HDR, plus it has better local dimming despite being a edge lit tv vs full array. I find the colour gamut is also slightly better than the 900E also.
"I tried so hard and got so far, but in the end it doesn't even matter."
~ Linkin Park

User Info: Masamune_6969

Masamune_6969
3 weeks ago#13
InfernalRage posted...
Thanks guys. It's a tough decision - I don't think I watch anything that has a logo enough/constantly to really worry much about the burn in problem. That said since this will be the primary living room tv there are people who say the brightness of an LED is a bonus, where an OLED truly shines in a man-cave/dark room situation.

Both looked beautiful in the store, and the reviews online just say they are both amazing sets. Never had this much of an issue picking!

Wanted to mention too that the 900E/930E also shines in a dark room situation, just not quite as much as an OLED. It's close though.

You'll also find that if you want to be impressed by HDR, you need the higher nits. It's that brightness that makes stuff pop and the X930E in particular can only be beaten by a Z9D. Otherwise it's better than every other tv out there in the HDR department.
"I tried so hard and got so far, but in the end it doesn't even matter."
~ Linkin Park
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Which TV Set? (Sony 900E vs LG B7A 65 Inch)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived