Cuphead could win GOTY and its all because of how Microsoft made it popular

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Cuphead could win GOTY and its all because of how Microsoft made it popular

User Info: The_Man_On_Fire

The_Man_On_Fire
3 weeks ago#1
way to go guys! good job!

User Info: blaze120683

blaze120683
3 weeks ago#2
That’s a pipe dream cup head while fantastic definitely won’t win GOTY.
Insults are the last resort of insecure people with a crumbling position trying to appear confident

User Info: vashkey

vashkey
3 weeks ago#3
No. A lot the credit should go to the game and its developer. Sure, give credit to Microsoft for promotion and funding but Microsoft has promoted and funded plenty of mediocre games to. It was the developers that had a vision that made this the game it is.

User Info: medmuscle

medmuscle
3 weeks ago#4
Posts 2 and 3 sum it up. While itlooks like a great game and I'm glad the "little guys" saw their vision realized, it shouldn't be GOTY.
There needs to be anabolic steroid law reform. Bodybuilding is NOT a criminal activity. Also, putting someone on ignore means you are a delicate little flower.

User Info: Squitchy

Squitchy
3 weeks ago#5
I think it should be. I need more games like it.
That's my secret, Gamefaqs. I'm always triggered.

User Info: vigorm0rtis

vigorm0rtis
3 weeks ago#6
GOTY isn't a real thing. Cuphead could be Santa Claus, too.
I wonder if 'Deus Vult' would still be such a popular phrase in nerdom if they knew there was no 'v' sound in Latin.

User Info: MachineZed

MachineZed
3 weeks ago#7
To be fair Sony tried to make No Mans Sky popular, showcased it everywhere made it one of the most anticipated game before it came out. Said they were treating it like a first party game. Then it came out and nearly everyone that was so hyped for the game felt ripped off, the developer blamed Sony and Sony blamed the developer.

At least Cuphead is a good game.
---
Promote what you love rather than bash what you hate.

User Info: crazyray47

crazyray47
3 weeks ago#8
It might be the Xbox game of the year.

Wouldn't consider it overall since Nintendo won hands down and ps4 also has heavy competition.

User Info: revolution3603

revolution3603
3 weeks ago#9
Cuphead is a really good looking game and fun but it's just a boss rush it feels like that extra content in other games that you play after you beat the campaign to extend playtime
Fly Eagles Fly on the road to victory E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!!!!!

User Info: xKryptonKnightx

xKryptonKnightx
3 weeks ago#10
If The Walking Dead could win GOTY in 2012 then anything is possible.
Proper Preparation & Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance
GT: Marvel Knight
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Cuphead could win GOTY and its all because of how Microsoft made it popular

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived