Tried to buy a XOneX tonight on a whim...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Tried to buy a XOneX tonight on a whim...

User Info: vigorm0rtis

vigorm0rtis
3 weeks ago#11
mike468 posted...
Sounds like stores are probably stocking up, but holding out until Black Friday.

Unlikely. No one's going to turn down sales on a product that isn't a feature in their ads.
I wonder if 'Deus Vult' would still be such a popular phrase in nerdom if they knew there was no 'v' sound in Latin.

User Info: Tough-stuff

Tough-stuff
3 weeks ago#12
With the walmart Situation could you not purchase it online using instore pickup and circumvent the employees altogether?
---
"only the dead have seen the end of war"-Plato

User Info: Imn0tleB0W5ki

Imn0tleB0W5ki
3 weeks ago#13
Aragorn428777 posted...
Seriously no way to sell me that one in the cabinet??

ummm
Aragorn428777 posted...
shows me one in the 24 hr hold cabinet.

well that answers that.
If you want to party like a rock star, you gotta work like a roadie

User Info: helIy

helIy
3 weeks ago#14
Aragorn428777 posted...
As for Walmart, and possibly even Target, when is it okay for them to hoard consoles just to sell on a certain day?

literally at their discretion

they bought the product, they can decide when they want to sell it.
"Dogs smell like they've had too much fun and need a bath
Cats smell like espionage
" - Mead

User Info: Aragorn428777

Aragorn428777
3 weeks ago#15
helIy posted...
Aragorn428777 posted...
As for Walmart, and possibly even Target, when is it okay for them to hoard consoles just to sell on a certain day?

Sounds like s***ty marketing to me. Didn’t realize electronics were ‘on-lock’ until a consumer holiday. I’m not aiming for a deal here, just straight up retail price.
Anything in life worth doing, is worth overdoing. Moderation is for cowards.

User Info: BeefEaster

BeefEaster
3 weeks ago#16
why would they hold them for black friday when there's no black friday deals on the X?
I play with dolls: http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y153/BeefEaster/004_zpskcg7thdf.jpg

User Info: mike468

mike468
3 weeks ago#17
Aragorn428777 posted...
helIy posted...
Aragorn428777 posted...

Sounds like s***ty marketing to me. Didn’t realize electronics were ‘on-lock’ until a consumer holiday. I’m not aiming for a deal here, just straight up retail price.

Like I said you might want to consider reporting them.

Just like retailers have to follow rules on not breaking street date for items, I would think there is some kind of stipulation preventing stores from hording said items for a single day sale, just for business.

There are similar laws with the state lottery and scratch/insta win tickets, where stores need to honor any winning ticket up to $800. If a store refuses to honor it, they could very well loss thier liscense to sell them.
Triggered fanboys,make the internet go round. In the most disgusting way

User Info: helIy

helIy
3 weeks ago#18
Aragorn428777 posted...

it's not marketing

they literally aren't marketing anything

mike468 posted...
Just like retailers have to follow rules on not breaking street date for items

there is actually no rule that they have to follow for that. they could break street date and nothing would happen. corporate would probably fine the store, because if they did nothing the distributor and publisher wouldn't want to have any dealings with a store that would willingly break street date, but there's literally no law being imposed.

mike468 posted...
I would think there is some kind of stipulation preventing stores from hording said items for a single day sale, just for business.

there is not. when a store gets its merchandise, they buy it. they then resell it to you. they can do literally anything they want with it after they buy it. it's no surprise that stores tend to stock up and hoard products around black friday.

mike468 posted...
There are similar laws with the state lottery and scratch/insta win tickets, where stores need to honor any winning ticket up to $800. If a store refuses to honor it, they could very well loss thier liscense to sell them.

that is an entirely different thing.

stores that sell lottery tickets have to get state certification to be able to do that, which comes with rules and stipulations. if they don't follow those rules, they get their ability to sell lottery tickets revoked.

stores are not state owned, they are locally owned private businesses, even if it is a massive chain.
"Dogs smell like they've had too much fun and need a bath
Cats smell like espionage
" - Mead

User Info: Lugoves

Lugoves
3 weeks ago#19
Yeah something is up here too. Saw a s*** load of Xs the past week in every store we went to.

Wife decided she was going to get me one Friday and then couldn't find any anywhere.

Got the last one Target had.
My Collection: http://www.gamefaqs.com/users/LUGOVES/games/owned?platform=0
http://backloggery.com/SwashBuccaneer

User Info: xninjagrrl

xninjagrrl
3 weeks ago#20
weekoldhotdog posted...
extanker posted...
I don’t know about the Walmart guy, but I can say from experience, ‘limited stock’ at Target can literally mean the display model that they can’t sell. It probably was the one being held for someone that was showing as stock. I bet you’d be pretty pissed if that one on hold was for you and they sold it to someone else.

i think he's more pissed about having cash in hand not being good enough.

Caah in hand is not good enough if someone else already has the item on hold.
Pros: The pills were there.
Cons: So was the tank.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Tried to buy a XOneX tonight on a whim...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived