AC Origins or Wolfenstein 2?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. AC Origins or Wolfenstein 2?

User Info: KwaiChangCain

KwaiChangCain
3 weeks ago#1
If you have BOTH,help me decide which is the better purchase.I was going to put Shadow of War in the mix,but I haven't finished the first one yet....... I'm new to both the AC and Wolfenstein series.I just wanted to make a quality purchase.I like shooters/adventure games with great combat hopefully where the enemy A.I. aren't handing me the victory to thwart their desires for world conquest.Ninja Gaiden Black has been holding me over for quite some time now.......

User Info: Syn_Vengeance

Syn_Vengeance
3 weeks ago#2
KwaiChangCain posted...
If you have BOTH,help me decide which is the better purchase.I was going to put Shadow of War in the mix,but I haven't finished the first one yet....... I'm new to both the AC and Wolfenstein series.I just wanted to make a quality purchase.I like shooters/adventure games with great combat hopefully where the enemy A.I. aren't handing me the victory to thwart their desires for world conquest.Ninja Gaiden Black has been holding me over for quite some time now.......

I haven’t played either but I suggest if you end up getting Wolfenstien 2, that you play The Old Blood and The New Order first. Both are fantastic games and part of the overall story.
Long live machine, The future supreme..
Man overthrown, Spit out the bone..

User Info: SuperA187

SuperA187
3 weeks ago#3
Why not both. If you are going to pay $60 for one or the other, wait until Black Friday and and get both for that price. I recommend Wolfenstein II though, because great story and Nazi murder.

User Info: Darth Stalin

Darth Stalin
3 weeks ago#4
I bought Wolfenstein 2 in the Black Friday sale, but I have not played it yet. However, I beat AC Origins last Friday and I can say that it is a fantastic game IMO. It doesn't feel too much like other AC games, since it is more of an RPG. The game reminded me of Witcher 3 with some elements of Far Cry and AC. The game also looks fantastic on the Xbox One X.
XBL Tag- Cruxis Mithos |Steam, PSN & NNID- Cruxis_Mithos
Xbox One X | PS4 Pro | Nintendo Switch | PC | Xbox 360 | PS3 | Wii U | N3DS XL | PS Vita

KwaiChangCain
3 weeks ago#5
Thanks for the replies.On the dashboard Wolfenstein is 40 with the DLC add ons for the story.I'm kind of leaning towards that right now.I must admit that AC is calling me,but I would hate to neglect it the way I'm doing the Witcher 3 (Ohhhhh the loading.......) and the first Shadow (Just me being lazy).I just haven't had an adventure game pull me in since Ninja Gaiden or Mass Effect 1-3.I'm enjoying my second playthrough of Rise of The Tomb Raider on the X though.Thanks again for the replies my fellow gaming brethren,but it's looking like Wolfenstein is the winner and I'll pick up AC later with hopes of a Witcher 3 update to help with the loading to inspire me to finish it.Peace

User Info: Pyro_Yuy

Pyro_Yuy
3 weeks ago#6
My vote is AC:O, it will last you much longer than W2.

Also picking up the first Wolfenstein(the new order and old blood) is a good idea before going into W2.
Taylor Swift is my Patronus.
http://wp.me/1EBnQ

User Info: da_StoOge

da_StoOge
3 weeks ago#7
There's no point jumping into Wolfenstein if you haven't played The New Order. You can skip Tge Old Blood as it's a prequel and more of an homage to Return To Castle Wolfenstein (still great though) but Wolfenstein 2 starts the second after the huge cliffhanger of the first game.

Not only that, but the first game looks and plays brilliantly and has an incredible story.
"Even though I'm no better than a beast, don't I have the right to live?"

User Info: MetalZoic

MetalZoic
3 weeks ago#8
I haven't played ACO, but I own Wolfenstein and I'd say get ACO instead. I loved the 1st wolf, but so far this one is just okay.

KwaiChangCain
3 weeks ago#9
I suppose I could just get ACO,change the difficulty to the max,hope the AI responds accordingly,and just aren't damage sponges.The loading in this game treacherous like the Witcher?I actually feared dying in that game.I'll complete it one day..........
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. AC Origins or Wolfenstein 2?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived