I'm getting a 4k tv but its non hdr

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. I'm getting a 4k tv but its non hdr

User Info: SsjGodBrolydbz

SsjGodBrolydbz
3 weeks ago#1
I own a xbox one x(scorpio edition) Is hdr required even if i have a 4k that dont have one? Just wondering.

User Info: fallange

fallange
3 weeks ago#2
Save your money and don’t buy a budget tv.
HDR might be more important than 4K.
have you heard the news?
the dogs are dead!

User Info: Mikejl87

Mikejl87
3 weeks ago#3
It's not required but it's HIGHLY recommended.

If you're spending a good amount on a 4k, save up a little more and make sure it supports HDR

User Info: mike468

mike468
3 weeks ago#4
fallange posted...
Save your money and don’t buy a budget tv.
HDR IS more important than 4K.

Fixed that for you.

I've been saying for a few weeks now. People need to be weary of 4k TVs on sale on black Friday, because stores are going to be trying to get rid of thier non HDR sets.

The resolution jump alone from 1080p to 4k only matters if you have an 85"+ tv. Otherwise the resolution jump isn't that noticable. HDR and offering better colors actually is.

HDR is more important that 4k resolution. Don't waste your money on a non HDR TV.
Triggered fanboys,make the internet go round. In the most disgusting way

User Info: BeefEaster

BeefEaster
3 weeks ago#5
buying a 4k tv without good HDR support is like buying a surround sound system without a subwoofer
I play with dolls: http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y153/BeefEaster/004_zpskcg7thdf.jpg

User Info: EastCoastKody

EastCoastKody
3 weeks ago#6
don't buy a 4k w/o HDR.

just don't do it

User Info: Darth Stalin

Darth Stalin
3 weeks ago#7
Do not buy a 4K TV w/o HDR. This might be OK if you are using the TV as computer monitor, but for console gaming and TV/Movies, just don't do it.
XBL Tag- Cruxis Mithos |Steam, PSN & NNID- Cruxis_Mithos
Xbox One X | PS4 Pro | Nintendo Switch | PC | Xbox 360 | PS3 | Wii U | N3DS XL | PS Vita

User Info: xninjagrrl

xninjagrrl
3 weeks ago#8
Im going a step further and saying hdr doesnt matter if the tv has a trash color gamut or trash brightness. Most cheap tvs that do hdr dont do it well.
Pros: The pills were there.
Cons: So was the tank.

User Info: urmie

urmie
3 weeks ago#9
Whatever the brand was, just look for 4K HDR on it. Believe me, it really makes a difference.
Facts don't care about your feelings.

User Info: importvita

importvita
3 weeks ago#10
SsjGodBrolydbz posted...
I own a xbox one x(scorpio edition) Is hdr required even if i have a 4k that dont have one? Just wondering.

If you haven't gotten the message...buying a 4k without HDR is as bad as literally throwing your money in the trash. Don't do it. Ever.
A Mod/Admin said on 7/10/2016 9:44:39 PM:
Don't use this site to post your masturbation habits, let alone untoward comments at underage characters.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. I'm getting a 4k tv but its non hdr

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived