I'm getting a 4k tv but its non hdr

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. I'm getting a 4k tv but its non hdr

User Info: ChiefStabaHoe

ChiefStabaHoe
3 weeks ago#11
I bought my TV before HDR became a thing for consoles lol
Single player elitist- triggered since 2014

User Info: Iceman83

Iceman83
3 weeks ago#12
I have a 4K TV without HDR. I got it for free(semi long story) , and I noticed a massive improvement.
If it bleeds, we can kill it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfYJsQAhl0

User Info: dsp0511

dsp0511
3 weeks ago#13
My new tv does hdr 10 and I can't stand it. Any part of the screen with light in it is so bright that it's like looking at the sun. The rest of the screen is so dark that you literally can't see anything. Even turning the contrast down to 30 and the black level up to 70 does nothing. When you watch a movie, all the people look like sillouettes against a blooming blinding mess of light. My picture isn't much better with hdr off. I guess I'll try turning off all the black and contrast settings. I can't even tell any difference between 4k and 1080p. I can't understand the appeal of these pitch dark black levels where you can't see anything or any detail. What a waste of $1000.

User Info: BeefEaster

BeefEaster
3 weeks ago#14
dsp0511 posted...
My new tv does hdr 10 and I can't stand it. Any part of the screen with light in it is so bright that it's like looking at the sun. The rest of the screen is so dark that you literally can't see anything. Even turning the contrast down to 30 and the black level up to 70 does nothing. When you watch a movie, all the people look like sillouettes against a blooming blinding mess of light. My picture isn't much better with hdr off. I guess I'll try turning off all the black and contrast settings. I can't even tell any difference between 4k and 1080p. I can't understand the appeal of these pitch dark black levels where you can't see anything or any detail. What a waste of $1000.

well obviously you don't have it set up properly because it's not supposed to look like that
I play with dolls: http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y153/BeefEaster/004_zpskcg7thdf.jpg

User Info: SsjGodBrolydbz

SsjGodBrolydbz
3 weeks ago#15
Is hdr mandatory for xbox one x or no because i use a 1080p tv and one x is just fine.

User Info: MetalZoic

MetalZoic
3 weeks ago#16
BeefEaster posted...
dsp0511 posted...

well obviously you don't have it set up properly because it's not supposed to look like that

Yes, sounds like you probably have it way off. I'd reset that Tvs settings to default and do the setup fom scratch.

SsjGodBrolydbz
3 weeks ago#17
My 4k hdtv im getting is 270 dollars and a year old

User Info: MetalZoic

MetalZoic
3 weeks ago#18
SsjGodBrolydbz posted...
Is hdr mandatory for xbox one x or no because i use a 1080p tv and one x is just fine.

No it isn't mandatory.
But if you're buying a 4k set make sure it can do HDR.

User Info: BeefEaster

BeefEaster
3 weeks ago#19
SsjGodBrolydbz posted...

of course it's not mandatory but it's a waste of money to buy a 4k tv without it
I play with dolls: http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y153/BeefEaster/004_zpskcg7thdf.jpg

SsjGodBrolydbz
3 weeks ago#20
From reviews people say it has great picture. Its a non name brand called Bolva
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. I'm getting a 4k tv but its non hdr

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived