I'm not buying any more games until I clear my backlog

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. I'm not buying any more games until I clear my backlog

User Info: DigitalFury_

DigitalFury_
3 weeks ago#1
Except Monster Hunter World. I have to buy that. Otherwise, this is getting out of hand. I have hundreds of games, some of which I've never even started. I could probably hold myself over until the next generation consoles come out just by playing and completing the games I already own, and would not have to play a duplicate.

I'm taking a stand against my own undisciplined nature and it starts with this Black Friday sale.....
I post a lot using my phone. Most "typos" are probably a result of autocorrect

User Info: vigorm0rtis

vigorm0rtis
3 weeks ago#2
I broke myself of backlog syndrome at the end of 6th gen. Good luck.
I wonder if 'Deus Vult' would still be such a popular phrase in nerdom if they knew there was no 'v' sound in Latin.

User Info: DiztruxionUk

DiztruxionUk
3 weeks ago#3
I keep saying the same thing. And then I buy another one on sale. Then download the monthly + games, and but another on sale. All with the intention of getting around to them eventually, and I often never do.
Now playing - Nier Automata, Bloodborne, Forza 7, PUBG, Yakuza 0, Project cars 2.

User Info: Powerstarz

Powerstarz
3 weeks ago#4
Me
- past five years

You will, trust me.

User Info: Inferno700

Inferno700
3 weeks ago#5
Forget about simply clearing your backlog and instead just play the games you want to play. Yes, you will likely have to not play a game you bought last year for a great price that you still haven't gotten around to because your never in the mood for it. Take the loss and move on and instead enjoy the games you do play.
NNID: Jesus_Is_God 3DS FC: 3952-8112-9436 Steam ID: Inferno700
PSN: Inferno701 Xbox Live: oDarth Plagueis

User Info: Overburdened

Overburdened
3 weeks ago#6
...everyone said, but didn't follow through.

I even say that, I buy 2 maybe 3 games a year, and then have the Gold games on top if I get them. And still have too many games.
When the Lion Devours Both Dragon and Child.

User Info: Hucast9

Hucast9
3 weeks ago#7
vigorm0rtis posted...

Same here, but the backlog symdrome crept back up again. I mean, how could I resist Doom and Dark Souls 3 for $5 each, Prey for $15, and Horizon Zero Dawn for $20. I think i'll stop now, though unless.... more $5 games lol

User Info: PrintersChamp

PrintersChamp
3 weeks ago#8
DiztruxionUk posted...
I keep saying the same thing. And then I buy another one on sale. Then download the monthly + games, and but another on sale. All with the intention of getting around to them eventually, and I often never do.

Same here. It's hard to pass up a good sale lol.
Xbl/psn printerschamp
3ds fc. 0001 3671 8122

User Info: vigorm0rtis

vigorm0rtis
3 weeks ago#9
Hucast9 posted...
vigorm0rtis posted...

Same here, but the backlog symdrome crept back up again. I mean, how could I resist Doom 3 and Dark Souls 3 for $5 each, Prey for $15, and Horizon Zero Dawn for $20. I think i'll stop now, though unless.... more $5 games lol

Well, sure. after sales you'll have a few, but my backlog never gets deeper than, say, 5 games. I'm not going to skip a sale on principle.
I wonder if 'Deus Vult' would still be such a popular phrase in nerdom if they knew there was no 'v' sound in Latin.

User Info: BigLongDowner

BigLongDowner
3 weeks ago#10
I don't have a huge backlog with about 15 or so games that I do need to finish/haven't started. I made a poll a few days ago deciding on Rise of the Tomb Raider, AC: Origins, and Wolfenstein 2. Haven't bought any yet but I am really considering Origins. But then when I turn on my X1X I end up playing a few rounds in Dead by Daylight.
GT - Typ3 O Negativ3
PSN - BigLongDowner
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. I'm not buying any more games until I clear my backlog

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived