Xbox One X 4k support is pathetic. Just as pathetic as ps4 pro.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Xbox One X 4k support is pathetic. Just as pathetic as ps4 pro.

User Info: quincy2000a

quincy2000a
2 weeks ago#21
Babbit55 posted...
quincy2000a posted...
Let's face it...in spite of the extra year of dev time and the extra $100 to almost $200 in price, the X1X is having the same types of problems as the Pro when it comes to running native 4k/60fps without checkerboarding...the CPU is too weak to pull it off with any consistency...both consoles will have the occasional 4k/60fps titles but they will be few and far between...

*Cough, Forza 7 and Battlefront 2 are native 4k/60fps you troll Cough*

First of all, do you understand what that bolded phrase means...? Battlefront 2...? I did say native 4k/60fps without checkerboarding, right...? You might want to take a look at the DF evaluation...well, actually you might not...

However, the point of the dynamic scaler is surely to ensure a consistently locked 60 frames per second throughout and it's this level of flawless performance that PlayStation 4 Pro delivers in like-for-like areas where Xbox One X does not. Bearing in mind that the frequency of the drops isn't exactly prolific in the scenes we tested across both platforms, the chances are that further tweaking to the dynamic resolution technology could iron out the stutter, but as good as it is, Xbox One X isn't quite the conclusive winner in all areas right now.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2017-star-wars-battlefront-2-xbox-one-x-pc-ps4-pro-analysis e:ra
Q: "I presume there will never be an Xbox One sold without it...Would that be correct?"
A: "Correct. Xbox One is Kinect." Microsoft VP

User Info: Babbit55

Babbit55
2 weeks ago#22
quincy2000a posted...
Babbit55 posted...
quincy2000a posted...
Let's face it...in spite of the extra year of dev time and the extra $100 to almost $200 in price, the X1X is having the same types of problems as the Pro when it comes to running native 4k/60fps without checkerboarding...the CPU is too weak to pull it off with any consistency...both consoles will have the occasional 4k/60fps titles but they will be few and far between...

First of all, do you understand what that bolded phrase means...? Battlefront 2...? I did say native 4k/60fps without checkerboarding, right...? You might want to take a look at the DF evaluation...well, actually you might not...

However, the point of the dynamic scaler is surely to ensure a consistently locked 60 frames per second throughout and it's this level of flawless performance that PlayStation 4 Pro delivers in like-for-like areas where Xbox One X does not. Bearing in mind that the frequency of the drops isn't exactly prolific in the scenes we tested across both platforms, the chances are that further tweaking to the dynamic resolution technology could iron out the stutter, but as good as it is, Xbox One X isn't quite the conclusive winner in all areas right now.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2017-star-wars-battlefront-2-xbox-one-x-pc-ps4-pro-analysis e:ra

Why thank you for providing the link supporting my claim. Also dynamic resolution and checker boarding are not the same fyi.

PS4 Pro tops out at 2560x1440 on both titles, while Xbox One X pushes further - much further - delivering a maximum of 3840x2160, or full-fat 4K. That's a 2.25x increase in pixel-count, a surprising uplift bearing in mind the respective specs of the two systems.
GT:- Babbit55
PC - i5 4670k, 16g ram, RX 480, 2tb hybrid drive.

User Info: Discharged19DCS

Discharged19DCS
2 weeks ago#23
Babbit55 posted...
quincy2000a posted...
Babbit55 posted...
quincy2000a posted...

Why thank you for providing the link supporting my claim. Also dynamic resolution and checker boarding are not the same fyi.

PS4 Pro tops out at 2560x1440 on both titles, while Xbox One X pushes further - much further - delivering a maximum of 3840x2160, or full-fat 4K. That's a 2.25x increase in pixel-count, a surprising uplift bearing in mind the respective specs of the two systems.

Quincy is about as technically savvy as the s*** my cat dropped this morning.

He just spams buzzwords he has no idea about in the hope that he will upset someone.

User Info: seiki

seiki
2 weeks ago#24
"The world's most powerful console" - play all your games in 4k
ResetERA: seiki

User Info: Babbit55

Babbit55
2 weeks ago#25
Discharged19DCS posted...
Babbit55 posted...
quincy2000a posted...
Babbit55 posted...
quincy2000a posted...

Quincy is about as technically savvy as the s*** my cat dropped this morning.

He just spams buzzwords he has no idea about in the hope that he will upset someone.

I should have pointed out that the Xbox has only been out a week and already games are running at either 4k/30 or 4k/60 in the majority, rather than the minority as he says.....

https://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/xbox-one-x-4k-resolution-list/

Plenty of 4K/60 games in that list too!
GT:- Babbit55
PC - i5 4670k, 16g ram, RX 480, 2tb hybrid drive.

User Info: dweeeeb2

dweeeeb2
2 weeks ago#26
quincy2000a posted...
Let's face it...in spite of the extra year of dev time and the extra $100 to almost $200 in price, the X1X is having the same types of problems as the Pro when it comes to running native 4k/60fps without checkerboarding...the CPU is too weak to pull it off with any consistency...both consoles will have the occasional 4k/60fps titles but they will be few and far between...these updates and patches will only do so much...for both systems...

Could not resist could you. Seek help
The X is a love letter to the core gamer - DF Xbox X review

User Info: bob15x

bob15x
2 weeks ago#27
AceTheFace posted...
I take no sides in sony, ms and nintendo. I owed all of them this gen. I had a ps4 pro and sold it and my xb1 s for a X.

The support is pathetic. I thought MS would do a better job but nothing has 4k support that came out before xbox one X. Games I want to play like Fortnite and BF1 both are 4k on ps4 pro and it looks liek will never be 4k on xbox.

I am waiting for Fallout 4, Witcher 3.

I am not riping the console its self. Its a beautiful put together console. The support is pathetic though.

how is this microsofts fault?

User Info: bob15x

bob15x
2 weeks ago#28
seiki posted...
"The world's most powerful console" - play all your games in 4k

which was never said

User Info: quincy2000a

quincy2000a
2 weeks ago#29
Babbit55 posted...
quincy2000a posted...
Babbit55 posted...
quincy2000a posted...

I'm sorry...you seem to have a problem understanding what native 4k/60fps means...and you're welcome for the link...
Q: "I presume there will never be an Xbox One sold without it...Would that be correct?"
A: "Correct. Xbox One is Kinect." Microsoft VP

User Info: DiztruxionUk

DiztruxionUk
2 weeks ago#30
I'm surprised so many old games even get upgrades tbh so be thankful. You're getting it all for free, and these companies usually don't bother with anything that won't earn them some more cash.
Now playing - Nier Automata, Bloodborne, Forza 7, PUBG, Yakuza 0, Project cars 2.
Gamertag: Diztruxion. PSN: Diztruxion-UK + Lost-Sock-UK
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Xbox One X 4k support is pathetic. Just as pathetic as ps4 pro.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived