Got this 4KTV for my X for $445 plus tax on Amazon yest, good deal?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Got this 4KTV for my X for $445 plus tax on Amazon yest, good deal?

User Info: Snoopdawwg22

Snoopdawwg22
3 weeks ago#1
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B06XGJX3SH/ref=ya_aw_od_pi?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The price jumped to $530 only a few hours later & rtings.com gave it a pretty decent review for games & HDR gaming.

Got the 55 inch model, going from a 39 inch 1080p, so I’m preparing to be blown away and thought the price was unbeatable.
"10/10 post" - Penguin1689, 02/09/15
"Snoopdawwg22 is my hero." - Bigdoug14, 02/04/04

User Info: Breyant

Breyant
3 weeks ago#2
Sure it's a great deal. That TV is not going to impress any serious critics with its picture quality but the input lag is super low which is the most important thing when it comes to gaming.
No one steals my ship. Not even me.

User Info: googler

googler
3 weeks ago#3
i have a similar, slightly better model of same design and think its great. Some of their cheaper sets do have quasi-HDR, where the panel supports10-bit HDR but the processor only handles 8-bit, but it will still look good. I think the models that had that issue can be distinguished but you'd have to do some digging and find out where and when produced...that is if it applies to your set

User Info: leViticus0

leViticus0
3 weeks ago#4
that's a great deal for a good gaming TV, sure it doesn't have true HDR but at least you will be able to reap the benefits of 4K resolution over 1080p. Some people may disagree ,but at that size there is defiantly a difference going from1080p to 4k. Halo 5 is the perfect example.

User Info: Flamer_Blue

Flamer_Blue
3 weeks ago#5
leViticus0 posted...
that's a great deal for a good gaming TV, sure it doesn't have true HDR but at least you will be able to reap the benefits of 4K resolution over 1080p. Some people may disagree ,but at that size there is defiantly a difference going from1080p to 4k. Halo 5 is the perfect example.

It has HDR Pro, which is HDR 10 albeit with a more limited color gamut.
I have the same tv, but the 65" model.
Trust me, TC, you'll like this tv.
Although you might need to calibrate it a bit, just like I did.
Look for calibration set-ups. I just lowered the backlight, increased contrast and did some other things.
<cite>Metallix87 posted...</cite>
"Nintendo is an animal"

User Info: Snoopdawwg22

Snoopdawwg22
2 weeks ago#6
The price went up again to $550, so I’m happy! Can’t wait to set it up when it arrives this weekend.
"10/10 post" - Penguin1689, 02/09/15
"Snoopdawwg22 is my hero." - Bigdoug14, 02/04/04

User Info: GENERALJA0

GENERALJA0
2 weeks ago#7
Snoopdawwg22 posted...
The price went up again to $550, so I’m happy! Can’t wait to set it up when it arrives this weekend.

Pretty sure that's the same tv I saw on best buy for 399$ I will have to check later.

It was on sale for thanksgiving

Nvm it's the 49 inch of that same model for 399 at best buy.

Great tv though so picking it up for that price is good.
^^^ Above statements are my opinions and mine alone...

User Info: warz0r09

warz0r09
2 weeks ago#8
its definitely one of the best cheap option for 4k gaming. Great deal.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Got this 4KTV for my X for $445 plus tax on Amazon yest, good deal?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived