help with gray or darker screen while playing or booting up a game

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. help with gray or darker screen while playing or booting up a game

User Info: pajamo

pajamo
3 weeks ago#1
I have a 4K Samsung and Xox One X. I noticed that sometimes while booting up Star Wars B2 the title screen goes from bright to like dimmed. Also, all the night scenes in Assassins Creed Origins look hella washed out. Very Gray.

I don't get this with my PS4 Pro so I think I somehow have some display setting not right on the X1X.

Help
gamertag and psn: pajamo

User Info: NuclearHendrix

NuclearHendrix
3 weeks ago#2
On your T.V settings go to System>Eco Solution and turn off Eco Sensor and Energy Saving Mode. Then go to Picture>Expert Settings and set the Black Level to low. Also, on your Xbox One, go to Settings>Display & Sound>Video Output>Color Space, and set it to Standard(Recommended).

You may want to use the Xbox One's calibration feature too...at least do the brightness and contrast calibration. It recommends that you change your picture mode to default or whatever, but I guess you really don't have to. I didn't anyways... I just calibrated the brightness & contrast, cause I didn't feel like messing with that other stuff.

And if you're using HDR, make sure backlight is maxed.
To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize - Voltaire

User Info: pajamo

pajamo
3 weeks ago#3
Thanks for all this!!
gamertag and psn: pajamo

User Info: NuclearHendrix

NuclearHendrix
3 weeks ago#4
btw, you might even be able to ignore what I said about maxing the backlight for HDR, cause some T.V's automatically max it when HDR content is playing. You should test it to make sure though, so you aren't manually maxing it for no reason. Just set your backlight to a lower number, play something with HDR, then check your backlight setting to see if it's now maxed.
To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize - Voltaire
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. help with gray or darker screen while playing or booting up a game

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived