Thinking about getting a Xbox One X quick question....

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Thinking about getting a Xbox One X quick question....

User Info: AncientRomeBC

AncientRomeBC
3 weeks ago#1
Does the One X upscale all games to 4K?
Nintendo Switch = 2920-6179-2315
PS4 = AliensUFOBelieve

AncientRomeBC
3 weeks ago#2
Bump
PS4 = AliensUFOBelieve

User Info: twiztidfreak6t9

twiztidfreak6t9
3 weeks ago#3
Your tv auto uoscales everything to 4k, but native or w/e will always look better.
PSN (PS4):Twiztidfreak6t9 GT(Xbox One):Same as PSN.
Switch FC:SW-5219-1008-0521

User Info: xFrostxPhoenix

xFrostxPhoenix
3 weeks ago#4
I'm pretty sure the Xbox One has an internal upscaler to help take off load from your TV and minimize input lag.
GT: xFrostxPhoenix | PSN: xFrostxPhoenix
GSU Comp Sci C/O 2015 | XB1;360;PS4;N64;SNES

User Info: Boogie_WoogieWu

Boogie_WoogieWu
3 weeks ago#5
No, because there is no need to upscale a game that is already being rendered at 4k, as many enhanced titles are.

AncientRomeBC
3 weeks ago#6
Boogie_WoogieWu posted...
No, because there is no need to upscale a game that is already being rendered at 4k, as many enhanced titles are.

I'm talking about games that are not one x enhanced. Does it offer any benefit to those
PS4 = AliensUFOBelieve

User Info: TrickyPony

TrickyPony
3 weeks ago#7
AncientRomeBC posted...

I'm talking about games that are not one x enhanced. Does it offer any benefit to those

yes, performance and visualwise
This topic is taking the word s*** bucket to a whole 'nother level!!!!
-Sasquatch8080

User Info: Orange_Apples

Orange_Apples
3 weeks ago#8
AncientRomeBC posted...

Without X-enhancements you can expect more consistent framerates. It may also look better on a 1080p TV than the launch or S models, but not by a dtrastic amount. If a game is coded to output at 900p/med setting/30fps the XB1X won't magically make it 1080p/high setting/60fps. They may patch 1080p textures in for X with 4K reserved to X-enhancements. But that's a developer by developer thing.
Steam, Origin, PSN, NNID: Orange_Apples787, XBL: orangeapples787, 3DS FC: 2578-3277-9760
"They'll pay for this." - Mickey Mouse

User Info: MetalZoic

MetalZoic
3 weeks ago#9
AncientRomeBC posted...

It will upscale all output to 4K. Up scaling isn't an improvement though, that just means it is blown-up to fit your screens resolution.

User Info: Boogie_WoogieWu

Boogie_WoogieWu
3 weeks ago#10
AncientRomeBC posted...

Funny, your original post asked about all games.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Thinking about getting a Xbox One X quick question....

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived