Ryse Son of Rome 2: Yes or No?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Ryse Son of Rome 2: Yes or No?

User Info: Hucast9

Hucast9
2 weeks ago#1
I'll say definitely yes. I like the first game. The battle system was simplistic, but the way the game throws enemies at you it can trip you up. The characters were exceptionally well voice acted. That roman officer was simply a badass just like the main character. So yes or no?

User Info: Rand_Aybara

Rand_Aybara
2 weeks ago#2
Already cancelled unfortunately

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-06-26-cryteks-ryse-2-canned-as-financial-struggle-spreads-to-shanghai

User Info: EnemyWithin88

EnemyWithin88
2 weeks ago#3
I'd love it. Most would cry.
Play Slow Die Ignorant

User Info: phoenix9291

phoenix9291
2 weeks ago#4
I haven’t finished the game yet. I played through half in an afternoon and then haven’t finished yet due to other games and work.

I’ve enjoyed what I’ve played so far though and would likely enjoy a sequel.
Not changing sig until Flyers win the cup

User Info: lightfighter

lightfighter
2 weeks ago#5
I'd love it

User Info: Bumbleoni

Bumbleoni
2 weeks ago#6
Not really a fan of the Roman setting...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sya2vcUzIMU
GT: Bumbleoni
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLfO738Ok5Y

User Info: da_StoOge

da_StoOge
2 weeks ago#7
God no.

I replayed a chapter of it to test its performance on the One X and that bored me to tears. It's literally the exact same two or three actions for an entire game.

Crytek are better off closing shop and selling their IP's. After Far Cry and possibly the first Crysis they forgot how to make enjoyable gameplay.

Unless you were to give the IP to a competent studio. Then I'd be all for a Roman gladiator game.
"Even though I'm no better than a beast, don't I have the right to live?"

User Info: Chanfan02

Chanfan02
2 weeks ago#8
A resounding yes from me. I never understood the hate for the first one. It was a pretty good game in my opinion. The action and combat was addicting and fun and the story was good enough for me to follow along happily. It felt so cinematically beautiful during the fights and I legitimately felt like a Roman warrior.

If they ever tried to make a sequel I would just want more fighting moves/executions, a more in depth story with a longer campaign, and a pvp online mode.
XBL: Chanfan02/ Steam: Chanfan02
PSN: Chanfan02/ Wii U: Chanfan02

User Info: Mindwipe77

Mindwipe77
2 weeks ago#9
game was awesome, only con was it was too short for me, otherwise it was brilliant

User Info: chex81

chex81
2 weeks ago#10
lightfighter posted...
I'd love it
XBL: chex81 || NNID: phasma81
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Ryse Son of Rome 2: Yes or No?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived