Digital Foundry--Hitman on Xbox One X piles on the upgrades

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Digital Foundry--Hitman on Xbox One X piles on the upgrades

User Info: quincy2000a

quincy2000a
3 weeks ago#1
Native 4K with improved visuals or 1440p with a target 60fps - the choice is yours.
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2017-hitman-on-xbox-one-x-piles-on-the-upgrades e:ra
Q: "I presume there will never be an Xbox One sold without it...Would that be correct?"
A: "Correct. Xbox One is Kinect." Microsoft VP

User Info: agentspoon

agentspoon
3 weeks ago#2
The X1X has broken Quincy
HOLY ****! What is this? Forged in Gods very flames! Do mine eyes tell me lies? A new Elder Scrolls game?
Time is nigh, I must fly, Venture forth on my quest!

User Info: Splooie

Splooie
3 weeks ago#3
Don't forget you used to say this, cueball...

quincy2000a posted...
Being a multiconsole owner, all one of them has to do is outperform the other on a multiplat.

That's how I determine which one to buy.

No moved goalposts for me--whichever one outperforms the other wins.

User Info: Cubby

Cubby
3 weeks ago#4
quincy2000a posted...
Native 4K with improved visuals or 1440p with a target 60fps - the choice is yours.

Anyone who has went back, and read your history knows the irony of you saying something like this.
When you get called a Pony, Xbot, and Nintendrone in a single day. Your a true gamer.

User Info: agentspoon

agentspoon
3 weeks ago#5
Show me the official quote where we were promised 4K at 60fps on all games.
HOLY ****! What is this? Forged in Gods very flames! Do mine eyes tell me lies? A new Elder Scrolls game?
Time is nigh, I must fly, Venture forth on my quest!

User Info: MetalZoic

MetalZoic
3 weeks ago#6
I grabbed the free trial and the game is fun as hell. Definitely picking this up today or tomorrow.
I'm just trying to decide if I should buy the all digital GOTY edition for $60, or buy the physical Complete Season 1 for $40 and add the GOTY DLC for another $20...

User Info: EightySix22

EightySix22
3 weeks ago#7
The PS4 Pro is something like 20 frames behind the 1X when competing for a mere 60fps. You heard that right: when reaching for 60fps, the Pro struggles to maintain 40fps at 1440p while the 1x is achieving the intended fps AND still manages to bring along visual upgrades like better textures or improve drawn distance, among many things. Not only that, the 1X is capable of going slightly beyond 30 fps in Native 4k. This is no longer a contest but a freaking massacre.

User Info: jimmydonegood

jimmydonegood
3 weeks ago#8
agentspoon posted...
The X1X has broken Quincy

hahhahaha

User Info: quincy2000a

quincy2000a
3 weeks ago#9
EightySix22 posted...
The PS4 Pro is something like 20 frames behind the 1X when competing for a mere 60fps. You heard that right: when reaching for 60fps, the Pro struggles to maintain 40fps at 1440p while the 1x is achieving the intended fps AND still manages to bring along visual upgrades like better textures or improve drawn distance, among many things. Not only that, the 1X is capable of going slightly beyond 30 fps in Native 4k. This is no longer a contest but a freaking massacre.

...that extra year of development time and the $100 to almost $200 in cost really pay off here...can't really be surprised...you wouldn't expect them to be the same with all that extra time, effort and cost, right...?
Q: "I presume there will never be an Xbox One sold without it...Would that be correct?"
A: "Correct. Xbox One is Kinect." Microsoft VP

User Info: Laylow12

Laylow12
3 weeks ago#10
quincy2000a posted...
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2017-hitman-on-xbox-one-x-piles-on-the-upgrades e:ra

Pick one? I thought this was uncompromised “True 4K”? Was Albert Penello lying?

http://www.ticgn.com/news/the-inner-circle-special-with-albert-penello-project-scorpio-4k-native-60-fps-uncompromised/

The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Digital Foundry--Hitman on Xbox One X piles on the upgrades

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived