AC Origins or Evil Within 2?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. AC Origins or Evil Within 2?

User Info: AshleyGreene74

AshleyGreene74
2 weeks ago#1
I've never been a fan of AC games but I hear Origins is quite different, and from the videos I've watched, the combat looks pretty good ( using a bow looks really fun ). As for Evil Within 2, I have an urge for at least a semi-scary game. Just finished Outlast 2 a few days ago and that game is a total joke compared to the original. I never played the first Evil Within, but I'm told you don't really need to. Only thing I'm concerned about with Evil Within 2 is that the combat looks sluggish.

Which would you recommend?
Nobody should have any illusion about the possibility of gaining military superiority over Russia. We will never allow this to happen - Vladimir Putin

User Info: no fear

no fear
2 weeks ago#2
Origins. It's really nothing like the AC series. It's somewhere between Shadow of Mordor and Witcher 3.
^^^^^
And THAT, was a "shoot".

User Info: LordTrevelyan

LordTrevelyan
2 weeks ago#3
Origins, it wipes the floor with EW2.

Also has way more content for the price than the other game.
Gamefaqs, where if you have a different opinion you are a troll - DontCry

User Info: DXLR8R

DXLR8R
2 weeks ago#4
Origins is the first AC game I ever had an interest in, bought it in the sale with some free Xbox credit that I had.
/\/ / /\/_/ /\ G A I D E N II - ||=|| /-\ |_ {{3}} all I need - also known as Skilotonn at TeamXbox

AshleyGreene74
2 weeks ago#5
Can you use a bow throughout Origins, or is it only useful in very specific situations? I love being a silent, stealthy archer type in games that allow me to.
Nobody should have any illusion about the possibility of gaining military superiority over Russia. We will never allow this to happen - Vladimir Putin

User Info: LordTrevelyan

LordTrevelyan
2 weeks ago#6
AshleyGreene74 posted...
Can you use a bow throughout Origins, or is it only useful in very specific situations? I love being a silent, stealthy archer type in games that allow me to.

You can use it all the time once you get it, there is a skill tree dedicated to archery specifically, there is also 4 bow types, hunter, light bow(can fire arrows consecutively without drawing a new arrow from the quiver), warrior bows(fires multiple arrows at once) and lastly predator bows which offer more precision and with a upgrade you can control the arrow mid flight. You can also have 2 equipped at a time for quick change of bows.
Gamefaqs, where if you have a different opinion you are a troll - DontCry

AshleyGreene74
2 weeks ago#7
LordTrevelyan posted...
AshleyGreene74 posted...

You can use it all the time once you get it, there is a skill tree dedicated to archery specifically, there is also 4 bow types, hunter, light bow(can fire arrows consecutively without drawing a new arrow from the quiver), warrior bows(fires multiple arrows at once) and lastly predator bows which offer more precision and with a upgrade you can control the arrow mid flight. You can also have 2 equipped at a time for quick change of bows.

Hmm ok thanks.

User Info: no fear

no fear
2 weeks ago#8
Some bows are more situational. Light bow is like an uzi. Mid range high speed. Never use it for stealth. Predator bow is one shot 1 kill long range. Hunter is a balanced bow that's ok for any situation but not perfect for any specific one. Warrior bow is your short range shotgun. You can equip two at a time for mid-fight swapping. Out of combat you can carry whatever you want and just switch it up.

Edit: Sorry, didn't notice someone had already gone into detail.
^^^^^
And THAT, was a "shoot".

User Info: da_StoOge

da_StoOge
2 weeks ago#9
I haven't got Origins yet but The Evil Within 2 is constantly impressing me. They really nailed the survival aspect this time around and the part I'm up to is starting to get pretty tense.

Nothing beats being worried that your shotgun shell and pistol clip won't be enough to fight off even a handful of enemies only to round a corner and see a giant monster and a bunch of minor dudes running around.
"Even though I'm no better than a beast, don't I have the right to live?"

User Info: Zombody2

Zombody2
2 weeks ago#10
Can’t speak for Origins, Ive hated every AC except the first one.

Just dont sleep on the evil within 2. Its an excellent survival horror game that has some great exploration sections. Its very different from the first and plays like a great stealth game.

It doesn’t have the massive open world and tons of quests all over the map, but it’s a great game and shouldn’t be overlooked if youre interested from what you’ve seen.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. AC Origins or Evil Within 2?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived