I think I am done with buying games when they first come out.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. I think I am done with buying games when they first come out.

User Info: AttackOnTitan

AttackOnTitan
2 weeks ago#1
Games go on sale much faster than they used to and I am starting to not mind missing that hype that new releases have. I really want to catch up on a ton of old games I missed and my backlog.

Only certain few for me are day one now, Talking maybe 3 new games a year. Alright glad I got that off my chest XD. I know I am really late to the party
Eren Jaeger - If you win, you live. If you lose, you die. If you don't fight, you can't win! -

User Info: Syn_Vengeance

Syn_Vengeance
2 weeks ago#2
K?
Long live machine, The future supreme..
Man overthrown, Spit out the bone..

User Info: SpicyOcto

SpicyOcto
2 weeks ago#3
I've been doing this for years, for no other reason than I'm cheap. I can get three recent release games for the price of one new game

User Info: Imn0tleB0W5ki

Imn0tleB0W5ki
2 weeks ago#4
fair enough, i got FO4 & SWBF & regret both. The last game i bought day1 was da new South Park. I am looking at red dead 2 & FC5 as my next potential day 1 purchases.
If you want to party like a rock star, you gotta work like a roadie

User Info: TXGUY147

TXGUY147
2 weeks ago#5
I think the only type of game i would buy at release now is a MMO. Its just because i feel like i get behind in MMOs and dont want to feel like i am playing catch up. But like i want to play AC origins but i will be able to get it dirt cheap next black friday with all the extra content included. Maybe i would the next Elder Scrolls but i may would wait for that too because of the DLCs and mods that would come out over the year.

User Info: VENOMOUS75

VENOMOUS75
2 weeks ago#6
I agree. I've been leaning in this direction for a while. The last two games I bought day one were Tekken 7 and Injustice 2, and they're already on sale at deep discounts, but I used MS points to get them, so it's not so bad.
XBL-AMITYPREDATOR75
Yeah, Gamefaqs is the pimple on the backside of the internet. The moderators are the ingrown hairs. --Me

User Info: Neo Vejiita

Neo Vejiita
2 weeks ago#7
The only time I get games full price on launch is if I am getting a discount through amazon either from prime, or from e3 pre orders, or if they are Nintendo first/second party games.

Because yeah, like you said games get discounted crazy fast these days. Just look at the Black Friday sales on AC Origins, Wolfenstein 2, and CODWW2. About a month after launch and they are all $30 Canadian off on sale.
aka NeoMasamune

User Info: Broodingpage7

Broodingpage7
2 weeks ago#8
A game is only with a Day 1 purchase if you really want to get stuck in the MP imo
I once benched a whole press.

User Info: kryptin

kryptin
2 weeks ago#9
I keep telling myself to wait and I usually do, but at the end of the year, I always seem to give in and get burned by the games I bought full price going on sale a few weeks later for 30-50% off.
Gamertag: kryptin - http://www.trueachievements.com/Kryptin.htm
Currently Playing: Forza Motorsport 7 (X1)

User Info: Dave23

Dave23
2 weeks ago#10
I’m about to start doing this. Bought South Park day one and played an hour and now weeks later it’s gonna be 30 bucks. Could of just waited, there’s just a few I need day one.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. I think I am done with buying games when they first come out.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived