I think I am done with buying games when they first come out.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. I think I am done with buying games when they first come out.

User Info: AWarAmp84

AWarAmp84
3 weeks ago#21
EnemyWithin88 posted...
It's a good thing to learn. My entrance fee is when they drop to 30$ and below. Patches, dlc, collection, good sales etc

I'm usually about $40 CAD.
Beauty is in the eye of the beer-holder.
Go Leafs Go!!!

User Info: devnull520

devnull520
3 weeks ago#22
I used to do this. I have games from the 360 era still sealed. Games I got on release date. I used to pre-order games from amazon and forget about them. Then by the time I got the game I was playing something else or busy and never got to play it. This happened more often that I care to admit. This generation I decided to go all digital and no preorders unless I really really want the game. It saves me a lot of money and no need to buy a game on an impulse. All the games are available to buy from my living room anytime I really want to play them, or if they are on sale for a good price.

User Info: natrapslive

natrapslive
3 weeks ago#23
Sorry it took this long for you to realize day 1 purchases are a waste. I can deal without the bug/ glitches games come plagued with. I always wait at least a month or 2.
Xbox Live Gamertag: natraps

User Info: Overburdened

Overburdened
3 weeks ago#24
I've always been that way. The I my game I've ever gotten on release, pre order was Lego Harry Potter. Don't know why, just really wanted it.

Everything else I get on sale, second hand. This way they've always had patches and fixes by the time I get them, and there are always walkthroughs and guides made by then too.
There are so ma y games out there I haven't scratches the surface, so new releases are never top priority

The one down side for this is, the mp side may be a lot quite or just all immense players left, but 9 times out of 10 it's fine.
When the Lion Devours Both Dragon and Child.

User Info: SpongeBob_SP

SpongeBob_SP
3 weeks ago#25
Totally agree, dude. There's no real reason to buying games on release, other than ones that are MP focused/only. I skipped Injustice 2 on launch, and it's $14 at GameStop tomorrow.

User Info: Lugoves

Lugoves
3 weeks ago#26
This is what I've started doing for the most part. No reason to buy a game at full price on launch unless it's an online game, special/collector's edition I want, or it's a Nintendo game.
My Collection: http://www.gamefaqs.com/users/LUGOVES/games/owned?platform=0
http://backloggery.com/SwashBuccaneer

User Info: CarmensDaddy

CarmensDaddy
3 weeks ago#27
I pay as much as I think a game is worth. To me, most games aren't worth 60+ bucks anymore, but a game with a 50% off sale that's been out with good reviews and had all its patches, sign me up!
GT: CarmensDaddy
(message deleted)

User Info: kobalobasileus

kobalobasileus
3 weeks ago#29
SpicyOcto posted...
I've been doing this for years

+1.

You also get to skip over all the broken release code and the update treadmill and play an actually finalized version once you get to it.

User Info: BeefEaster

BeefEaster
3 weeks ago#30
I buy games when they're new cause I wanna play them right away
I play with dolls: http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y153/BeefEaster/004_zpskcg7thdf.jpg
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. I think I am done with buying games when they first come out.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived